Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Imagine somebody assaulting a pregnant woman.

What type of person would do something like that!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

BPKS wrote: »
    Imagine somebody assaulting a pregnant woman.

What type of person would do something like that!!!!!

A total scumbag ......

But I doubt this ever happened ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very professionally written

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

gmisk wrote: »
    Well the messages coming out from the guys friends and family say it wasn't....so I am going by that, hence saying it doesn't look to be racially motivated. But maybe leave the gardai at it.

Do you not honestly think black people are far far more likely to be attacked, experience racism than a white person? Be honest with yourself.

I have never seen someone harassed for their skin colour in Ireland for being white I have seen plenty of instances for black people unfortunately.

You didn't address my point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I’m getting the feeling that there is a head of steam being built up to set up a redress, (compo), procedure for the ‘victims of racism’.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭buried

Is this Ray D'arcy?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Things that never happened volume 54953956854984895896758946789345346

Refused into a hotel because of colour? Honestly?

Personally if ever I were witness of racism, eg on bus, the racist individual would regret vocalising. But-if I thought the racist b@stard were under influence of drugs I wouldn’t confront them directly but would notify bus driver, call guards etc.

This f*cking dickhead holding back to tears ???

Why does he feel guilty over this ? what's he hiding ?

Ffs!

Its not racism.

People can just be bastards.

As i said, I'm white, born in Ireland, I'm 6'4.

And almost everything that girl read out i experienced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

These people clearly encountered absolute arseholes.

To deduct from that that Systemic racism exists in Ireland is preposterous.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I don't seem to appear mean but Tubs will probably have moved onto the next cause by the time the Late Late Toy Show comes around.

Hopefully he gets something nice, or if there is a sports star he likes gets in touch. It was heartbreaking listening to him.

Romanian....black........???

Personally if ever I were witness of racism, eg on bus, the racist individual would regret vocalising. But-if I thought the racist b@stard were under influence of drugs I wouldn’t confront them directly but would notify bus driver, call guards etc.

Exactly, this is why I don't believe this, people nowadays WOULD interfere, hotels nowadays WILL NOT refuse bookings on arrival based on race ffs!!!

- Need more context on that hotel one, maybe the credit card was declined ....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I’m getting the feeling that there is a head of steam being built up to set up a redress, (compo), procedure for the ‘victims of racism’.

Our kids will be listening to the redress for the Direct Provision Centers caller in 2045 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

white men can't jump

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

...anyway back to jazz24 for me ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Very professionally written

If I were a cynic I might believe it was written by some organisation or other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You didn't address my point
    What was your point?
    Are you disagreeing with what I am saying?
    Do you think a black person is far far more likely to encounter racism in Ireland than a white person? It's a fairly simple yes or no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭cozar

Plenty of stories out there for this topic to last the week or longer and joe knows that. Easy job for Joe all he has to do is tut tut every now and again.

• Advertisement

theres a video on Youtube of historian Michael Wood going up the river Congo, he was refuse a hotel bed, because it was the local knocking shop.

Remember the corona virus ?

cozar wrote: »
    Plenty of stories out there for this topic to last the week or longer and joe knows that. Easy job for Joe all he has to do is tut tut every now and again.

At least its a break from Trumpeen

Remember the corona virus ?

wheres robbie martin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

We are de wurtled

Does anyone else miss Marian Finucan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭golondrinas

gmisk wrote: »
    He was but I'm not sure the policeman that kneeled on his neck and killed him knew that? There are plenty of other innocent people mostly ethic minorities who have been killed by police in the US.

The carrigaline thing has been well covered in the papers but it doesn't look to be racially motivated as horrendous as it was. But it has already been jumped on by white supremacists on Twitter etc predictably.
    It has been stated by the owner of a nightclub that they both worked at his premises in the past, at the same . I suppose that doesn’t suit the narrative. Justice for John Dorrins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

pc7 wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets something nice, or if there is a sports star he likes gets in touch. It was heartbreaking listening to him.

You're getting too soft for this thread.

Go to Mr Butterssuki's office for detention

Martin ‘Looter’ King....?

• Advertisement

Does anyone else miss Marian Finucan?

BOC has ruined the weekend slot, I liked him when he used to stand in for her, but its gone to pot since he got the gig. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement