Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

English and Black

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

We are de wurtled
    We are the childer...

tenor.gif
    ...anyway back to jazz24 for me ....

Scottish and Pale White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,852 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Just checking in, not bothered turning on.
    Are we all still racist, misogynistic, cyclist-murdering bastards today, or is dat next week?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Does anyone believe this yarn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

was yer man not just being friendly?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Firstly I don’t really believe this cock and bull story

BUT

In principle What’s wrong with the interviewer asking her details about her background?

I bc worked in Dublin 8/12 for years, which has long been the most racially diverse area in Ireland even before 90s. Personally the only racism I witnessed was between one or two obviously mentally unwell white men and one or two men of Arab ethnicity. We had tons of mixed groups of teenagers of diverse ethnicity. One trio of mischievous boys were what we called “the terrible trio”, although they were pretty harmless and would come in and snigger at the staff. They were two very blond boys and one African boy, inseparable wherever they went. In my experience it was far more typical to see very friendships which were racially-blind, and this largely a working class area, except that you did have families who were distinctly ambitious to socially climb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

This wan is making this up as she goes along or she is Memorywoman.

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Does anyone believe this yarn?

Its believable but why its on the radio is beyond me.

It really does sound like the girl didn’t want to give details of her background for some reason?

Bit of a red flag for the interviewer

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Just checking in, not bothered turning on.
    Are we all still racist, misogynistic, cyclist-murdering bastards today, or is dat next week?

It’s just all getting wurser, caller.

or maybe she was not good enough to get the job

Fronto Joy Ey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

gmisk wrote: »
    What was your point?
    Are you disagreeing with what I am saying?
    Do you think a black person is far far more likely to encounter racism in Ireland than a white person? It's a fairly simple yes or no

In a country that is 99% white I can safely assume to say that a black person is more likely to encounter racism. That isn't exactly mind blowing. Neither is it acceptable.

You didn't address my point which was that if a group of white lads brutally stabbed a black fella last Saturday night it would have been left, right and centre throughout all news and current affairs shows since.

Eddie O'Murphy

Business colleagues had a nightmare situation of a failed asylum seeker masquerading as an Irish citizen and was subsequently given part time employment on the understanding they were eligible to work.

This then proved to be total rubbish on behalf of the failed asylum seeker.

Took ages to sort this out within the company in terms of tax etc. the immigration authories also investigated the company even though it was no fault of their own :/

or maybe she was not good enough to get the job

I didn't get a job once. Do you think it was because I was irish? Or White?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I bc worked in Dublin 8/12 for years, which has long been the most racially diverse area in Ireland even before 90s. Personally the only racism I witnessed was between one or two obviously mentally unwell white men and one or two men of Arab ethnicity. We had tons of mixed groups of teenagers of diverse ethnicity. One trio of mischievous boys were what we called “the terrible trio”, although they were pretty harmless and would come in and snigger at the staff. They were two very blond boys and one African boy, inseparable wherever they went. In my experience it was far more typical to see very friendships which were racially-blind, and this largely a working class area, except that you did have families who were distinctly ambitious to socially climb.
    If that's the only racism you have witnessed I would say you are very lucky.

I have seen black friends called all sorts regularly in the past and in one instance punched in the face purely for being black..I can't say the same with regards a single white friend.

• Advertisement

What’s this plonker on about. Basic human rights to walk around a shop?

paypal got the feck out of dundalk beacuse of lack of local
    language skills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

“Dundalk is multicultural “...?

It’s not even unicultural, Joe!

Has 2020 ireland somehow turned into 1850s Alabama over the past few days ?

To be honest I'm really sick of this.

How about a bit of balance? Balbriggan anyone?

Serious problem there with immigrant population.

gmisk wrote: »
    If that's the only racism you have witnessed I would say you are very lucky.

I have seen black friends called all sorts regularly in the past and in one instance punched in the face purely for being black..I can't say the same with regards a single white friend.

I don’t say that doesn’t go on, clearly it absolutely does, but I seem to have largely lived a very sheltered middle class female life apart from my working life which was mostly in Dublin 12 and other working class areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

dvcireland wrote: »
    paypal got the feck out of dundalk beacuse of lack of local
    language skills

Terrible accent alright...

Did he call him “Frontal”?

17 people dead a hundreds of millions of dollars in damage to businesses

flamboyant protests alright Duffy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

God what a circle jerk, thank you, no thank you, thank you for thanking me, thank you for thanking thanking me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement