Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bloopy

Oh my god. I don't care anymore. We are all a big bunch of bastards.
    Just post us all out our self flagellation whips and get it over with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,175 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

dvcireland wrote: »
    ive worked with people who grew up in south africa / zimbabwe, if your in the worng place at the wrong time, your dead

In South Africa they are so racist, the no legged people shoot the two legged people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,250 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think the feeling is its not racism its just regular scumbag, people are pricks behaviour
    I had a similar conversation on here with regards homophobic attacks, people saying it was just scumbags being scumbags etc. But im sorry if someone shouts f#ggot at you repeatedly and slashes your face with a stanley knife it feels kind of targeted.

Online booking for Mass as proposed by Archbishop Diarmuid Martin... now dat could give us a bit of Liveline Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭golondrinas

my sister works with a Zimbabwean lady who hates Nigerians

Yeah I often wondered why ms Ebony Joseph, now that she has her doctorate, does not return to Nigeria where she could do great work In trying to unite the northern Muslim part with the mostly Christian south. Racism sorted. 200 million soul united. What an achievement.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    Don't worry.

Somebody with a makey-up PHD will be able to tell you how it is a sign of inherent racism probably linked to something they put in Irish drinking water.

Dat would be de chlorine & de fluoride, caller.

bloopy wrote: »
    Oh my god. I don't care anymore. We are all a big bunch of bastards.
    Just post us all out our self flagellation whips and get it over with.

Or have us all join Opus Dei, they use chains on themselves. I remember my mother walking down by one of their venues, she had us divert our walk to have a nosey at it to see if she could detect ships or chains through the windows.

At de weekend I was asked directions in my estate by the most divine sounding (and looking) young man. I could have eaten him there and then, was really tempted to ask him where he was from but thought better of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wasn't listening but some comments based solely on the thread:
    Reading Steve Coogans autobiography recently there was a line that struck me in it:
    "Humourless, enlightened liberals bring out the fascist in me"
    PieOhMy wrote: »
    I just finished reading the Partridge 'Nomad' book. So funny I was actually laughing out loud at times.

In "I, Partridge" Alan/Steve provides a helpful soundtrack guide which adds to the reading experience as one imagines for example Clannad playing in the background as Alan walks through a forest so to speak as they say.
    51TIsBiwK+L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

sligojoek wrote: »
    So, social distancing is now being described as "all that carry on".
    He should be fired now.

He should have been withdrawn from the airwaves so to speak after the "we can't get de virus as we're an island" and "even if it comes here no-one will die so to speak" comments.
    But you don't know that do you.

I don't know if it was racially motivated either.

But I do know that if a group of scumbag Irish white lads, jumped and stabbed a Black Irish lad this weekend I guarantee you the media would be all over it like a rash.

I said dat yesterday.
    Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Just checking in, not bothered turning on.
    Are we all still racist, misogynistic, cyclist-murdering bastards today, or is dat next week?

No, just the white men amongst the audience. De wimmin are perfect.
    To be honest I'm really sick of this.

How about a bit of balance? Balbriggan anyone?

Serious problem there with immigrant population.

You can't say dat! You can't say dat! You can't say dat!
    Joe doing the accent saying yer man's name.

Mr. Duffy is allowed do accents, callers are not.

Lies. Black people can't be racist. :rolleyes:
    PieOhMy wrote: »
    Not only did you stand idly by while open racism was broadcast on your show joe, you actually laughed and encouraged it. You deranged hypocrite.

But but but but FunnyFryday is hilarious........it's not racism, it's just highly intelligent, nuanced, and insightful comedy. :rolleyes:
    The right Juan

Plenty must be sh*tting themselves with their Juan Sheet character, appropriating SPanish culture and dat.

F64ADAC2-EDBA-387E-CADDF38F249FEF3F.jpg
    bmorrissey wrote: »
    Joe truly is a saint, you can tell he really cares about these peoples plights here........:rolleyes:

giphy.gif
    Yeah I often wondered why ms Ebony Joseph, now that she has her doctorate, does not return to Nigeria where she could do great work In trying to unite the northern Muslim part with the mostly Christian south. Racism sorted. 200 million soul united. What an achievement.

Because she'd be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Hopefully a protest here will knock a statue and feck it in de Liffey. Quick turn then.

• Advertisement

withless wrote: »
    Hopefully a protest here will knock a statue and feck it in de Liffey. Quick turn then.

De Big Jm Larkin statue? Dare would be war!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

ive worked with people who grew up in south africa / zimbabwe, if your in the worng place at the wrong time, your dead

Gang warfare was a whole other level in Johannesburg back in those days it's still bad but some of the city is being reclaimed now. I never worked there but visited SA a lot them days I knew people in Gauteng (they were porras as some people derogatorilly called them) on the suburbs of Johannesburg. Different life

gmisk wrote: »
    I had a similar conversation on here with regards homophobic attacks, people saying it was just scumbags being scumbags etc. But im sorry if someone shouts f#ggot at you repeatedly and slashes your face with a stanley knife it feels kind of targeted.

Ignorant inadequate dangerous bullies & scumbags will find whatever “otherness” provides as a target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My dad went to pay the dog license. He said its a black and white dog, so is the license cheaper?

That you, Syl?

I think Nigeria is regarded as being to Africa as Russia is to Europe.

The blacks of Africa, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I was in Namibia and South Africa a few years ago and overall they didn't like Nigerians, it was like they were the most corrupt nation in Africa - I had a friend that lived in Ghana and they thought the same.

weird.

That you, Syl?

Dja see Syl on Claire Byrne last night? His accuser seems to have had practically zero grounds for making the accusation, whatever motivated her, maybe a personality disorder at the back of it for all we know. He mentioned about not being able to be employed during the prolonged legal process by his friend, Joe.

I’m outraged. Just back from pharmacy to collect my monthly stoma supplies & medicines €186, the excess being for cleaning swabs which need to be used at €5 a pop. Now there’s something I could phone Joe about. Outrageous cost at €11 for a packet of swabs, with between 1 & 2 packets being used per week. Talk about Versatis; you simply cannot exist without the costly swabs and they are NOT covered by the maximum monthly medicines charge, and have gone up in cost.

Dja see Syl on Claire Byrne last night? His accuser seems to have had practically zero grounds for making the accusation, whatever motivated her, maybe a personality disorder at the back of it for all we know. He mentioned about not being able to be employed during the prolonged legal process by his friend, Joe.

So it wasn't all bad news then really.....

withless wrote: »

How about Terry Wogan’s statue into de Shannon, caller, or was that taken down already as it was a joke of an effigy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,852 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

De Big Jm Larkin statue? Dare would be war!

Dey say dere's a wax cylinder of Big Jim's voyece hidden in the base of the statue.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I was in Namibia and South Africa a few years ago and overall they didn't like Nigerians, it was like they were the most corrupt nation in Africa - I had a friend that lived in Ghana and they thought the same.

weird.

My recent trip to beautiful Namibia taught me how opposite in almost every way that an average Namibian is from an average Nigerian. Now I’m being racist.

De voirus is quite racist AND sexist AND baldist. It affects people of colour wurser dan whoites, men wurser dan wimmen, bald men wurser dan de well-thatched, and it discriminates against de disabled & aged. An elderly bald dark-skinned man with disability is very vulnerable to a lethal racist attack by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Just checking in, not bothered turning on.
    Are we all still racist, misogynistic, cyclist-murdering bastards today, or is dat next week?

It's ok to be a misogynist now

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I assume that the Irish protesters against racism will carry placards stating that ‘BLUE LIVES MATTER’.

I remember a kid in pram ,barely able to speak , on a prom in Spain saying “mammy mammy” look the blue men. No thank you no thank you. Taking off the mother saying no to the lucky lucky men. We fell about laughing. Is that racist..?. If it is I’ll do a Matt Talbot for a week.;)

I am hugely interested in geography and the world in general, I’m an avid traveller, I love to ask people where they are from as a conversation opener, because then it can lead to an excuse to talk about my travel there and how I enjoyed the food etc.
    So you are loaded then. Admit it:D

I’m outraged. Just back from pharmacy to collect my monthly stoma supplies & medicines €186, the excess being for cleaning swabs which need to be used at €5 a pop. Now there’s something I could phone Joe about. Outrageous cost at €11 for a packet of swabs, with between 1 & 2 packets being used per week. Talk about Versatis; you simply cannot exist without the costly swabs and they are NOT covered by the maximum monthly medicines charge, and have gone up in cost.

Gouging in Ireland never went away you know. You have my genuine sincere sympathy.

I remember a kid in pram ,barely able to speak , on a prom in Spain saying “mammy mammy” look the blue men. No thank you no thank you. Taking off the mother saying no to the lucky lucky men. We fell about laughing. Is that racist..?. If it is I’ll do a Matt Talbot for a week.;)

I told this on a thread here somewhere before in a similar context.

Back in the early 70s we got our first TV. One evening the father came running into the kitchen, shouting, "Come here quick. There's a n****er on the telly".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Tomorrow Joe speaks to Bernie in Clontarf, live from her liquid lunch:

"...I can't believe Keith Floyd is dead, i loved his cookin' he was an inspiration...hic..."

5c697c9cc52f0458f2edf78d209de125aed312fe.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Most exciting thing to happen in Sligo since???? :D

Since Ben Bulben was carved out by glaciers
    pc7 wrote: »
    Jaysis, 2020 is becoming apocalyptic alright, imagine we lost Sligo! Was thinking of heading that way for the staycation unless I can get out foreign come August. Does that make me racist Joe?

You'll be made welcome. Let me know closer to the time and I'll point you to anything that might be going on
    A fella got punched in de face by a ne’er do well last year but de Gardaí said in court dat de ne’er do well didn’t punch anyone so who knows? ;)

Heard he got a right hiding since. I'm sure he deserved it
    Don’t even think of going forden PC, Sligojoe will put ye up, fees & water ye-he lives in an idyllic spot. Maybe Shane McGowan might arrive & serenade ye, ya never know in dat household.

By the looks of things I'm going to be spending most of the next few months in Tipperary, the ancestoral home, as they say, so to speak. Been about 5 years since Shane was here. Wouldn't mind a serenade from him myself. I have to go and see him these days. Mountain and Mohammad and all that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement