Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Cheers SJ will do

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Baaaa ba blacksheep. YA CANT SAY DAT
    Baaaa ba African American sheep where yo from, originally. YOU CANT SAY DAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    So, social distancing is now being described as "all that carry on".

He should be fired now.

Only getting to re read the thread now. This quote and 'BLM" march were what stood out in Duffy spake for me. Its was like the 'CV 19'shyte he was going on with before so many started to die. Sure were an island !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've not been able to listen much recently - did he realy say "social distancing and all that carry on"?

I don't know whoy I'm even asking tbh as nothing he says surprises me. Was it delivered with the sneering sarcasm of the uneducated amateur expert on every single subject in de whole woyde earhly wurldid so to speak as they say day we know dat he is?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I've not been able to listen much recently - did he realy say "social distancing and all that carry on"?

I don't know whoy I'm even asking tbh as nothing he says surprises me. Was it delivered with the sneering sarcasm of the uneducated amateur expert on every single subject in de whole woyde earhly wurldid so to speak as they say day we know dat he is?:rolleyes:

He said it alright, I think the context was about the protest in dingle, to paraphrase it was something like 'and there was a great turnout and in sure they all observed social distancing and all that carry on.
    About 30 seconds later he said it was still important etc so either he or a receptionist in his ear copped how bad it sounded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PieOhMy wrote: »
    He said it alright, I think the context was about the protest in dingle, to paraphrase it was something like 'and there was a great turnout and in sure they all observed social distancing and all that carry on.
    About 30 seconds later he said it was still important etc so either he or a receptionist in his ear copped how bad it sounded.

Exactly what happened.

PieOhMy wrote: »

See this is another great example of WHOY this clown is completely out of his depth hosting a show like this with such a high listenership. This type of off the cuff statement is completely unprofessional - can you ever imagine Pat Kenny saying something like this? This and the "we can't get de virus here because we're an island" and "even if it comes here sure no-one will die" comments are examples from the last few weeks alone that were they to be believed by even a small % of the listeners is actually incredibly irresponsible and dangerous.

He's long past his sell by date. He should be removed from the national airwaves.

I’m outraged. Just back from pharmacy to collect my monthly stoma supplies & medicines €186, the excess being for cleaning swabs which need to be used at €5 a pop. Now there’s something I could phone Joe about. Outrageous cost at €11 for a packet of swabs, with between 1 & 2 packets being used per week. Talk about Versatis; you simply cannot exist without the costly swabs and they are NOT covered by the maximum monthly medicines charge, and have gone up in cost.

What did I do about it - phone Joe?

No, I emailed Proffff Barry himself. De good Profff replied quickly and said this had quite honestly gone under his radar, never came under his consideration and thanked me for bringing it to his attention. He asked me the name of the product so that he can investigate and see what he can do about it.

That’s the way to go about things initially.

No, I emailed Proffff Barry himself. De good Profff replied quickly and said this had quite honestly gone under his radar, never came under his consideration and thanked me for bringing it to his attention. He asked me the name of the product so that he can investigate and see what he can do about it.

It's peeple like you who duz be doin' de hard wurkin' wurkin' class man wit de wurkin' class wurk ettic and dat ourra a job with this "can-do" attitude of yours. Get up de yard!

You should listen to your betters - like those in RTE and Fianna Fail so to speak as they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

to quote apre match when eamon dunphy wss tired and emotional, but eamon why are you so upset they rte sent it by private mail.
    Eamon: thats the problem bill i wanted it published in the newspapers
    cat normal people view
    ll listeners second view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ronan playing a song called "Same old Story'.

Joe's gonna Segway that into the racist Ireland promo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) Blue Shirt Lover
    2) Am I irish ?
    3) Lots More today
    4) Slavery Road in Donegal, should it be renamed

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

BINGO

Same ol story. People checking their prejudices.

Blueshirt Nazi salute in these awful times.

Young people, Irish but just not white

Real lives real experiences.

Road in Donegal called Slavery road. Is that right in these times?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

sligojoek wrote: »
    BINGO

Same ol story. People checking their prejudices.

Blueshirt Nazi salute in these awful times.

Young people, Irish but just not white

Real lives real experiences.

Road in Donegal called Slavery road. Is that right in these times?

joe loves Misery Hill

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

of course de nazis who were racist demselves:pac:

Don Henley so to speak. A man who liked groupies and Columbian marching powder so to speak back in de day and dat.

POSSIBLY (but unlikely to be) on twodaze show:

Check yourself before you wreck yourself you white racist rapists.

Mr. Duffy likening Fine Gael to Nazis and de IRA.

Real lives and real experiences in Ireland.

Road called Slavery Road in Donegal - change de name so to speak.

It seems de Ferrari has been forgotten about. Horatijoe and de reserachers must have hit a brick wall on dat one so to speak as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

dvcireland wrote: »
    1) Blue Shirt Lover
    2) Am I irish ?
    3) Lots More today
    4) Slavery Road in Donegal, should it be renamed

Slavery seems to get its name from Slábhradh, chain. More likely the kind of chain used to measure land rather than to hold slaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

a168e23295bd452b6bf92bfd53b8fdb3.jpg
    "Joe when will they rename this street, named after notorious racists?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭KevRossi

goose2005 wrote: »
    Slavery seems to get its name from Slábhradh, chain. More likely the kind of chain used to measure land rather than to hold slaves

Don't you be coming on here with your facts caller. Thankfully we have a near fluent* Gaelgoir presenter in Joe "Seosamh" Duffy of the "Lamhline".

* May not be true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Hackballscross is a sexist name

• Advertisement

It's peeple like you who duz be doin' de hard wurkin' wurkin' class man wit de wurkin' class wurk ettic and dat ourra a job with this "can-do" attitude of yours. Get up de yard!

You should listen to your betters - like those in RTE and Fianna Fail so to speak as they say.

He never seems to let people on the show who offer solutions, or at best seldom does. Regarding Versatis, people could have organised themselves into all sending an email to de Profff, seeing as de group fell apart because de majority were unable to march as the clever “leaders” suggested. People in that much pain could never have been able to match ffs even if they did feel strongly about it. Joe got nowhere trying to influence de use of a particular prescription item.

But regarding the initial prescription of Versatis by pain consultants, I do think answers were needed for dat. Mind you I ended up being prescribed Gabapentin & Neurontin for what turned out to be a chronic and easily treatable periodontal abscess. All that was needed was a simple CT scan. Consultants have served me both well and appallingly badly over de years.

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Hackballscross is a sexist name

Caller, it’s ok to be sexist so long as it’s of the corrrct variety

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Ah FFS

I'm out for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Half black?.........Which half is black?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

A store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,852 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

More racism today, fadder?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what a pile of ****e !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I call bs on this caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Bad bad white bastrds

This discussion has been closed.