Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm only reading this now Butters, I assume you e read the bai judgement. You should look at the MB thread. The FG trumpets are blowing hard. Oh matron

No haven’t seen it, will look later. Still at work saving lives so to speak as they say.

So I missed de show because I was at a meeting so to speak with De Department (yes, dat Department) across in De Big House on Kildare Street and there was a man outside with a sign saying he's on his 3rd day of hunger striking but I didn't see what he was strking about so to speak. Duz anybody know what did duz be about?

So I hop into me vehickle and turn on de rayjo to hear Mr . Duffy ask a caller "where are you from originally?" followed within I would estimate 3minutes by a well-spoken man who was giving out that his adopted Chinese daughter was always being asked "where are you from?" and how racist this with de host tutting and sighing away and expressing sounds of exasperation and depair dat de Irish could be so racist literally minutes after he said it himself without a hint of self-admonishment or acceptance that he is part of the problem but rather it's all de fault of de OTHER stupid unwoke ignormauses who say it. All this ignoring of course of course dat it's wan a his stock catchphrases and dat regular thread followers race each other to see who can predict how quickly he'll ask anyone who doesn't fit his own version of being Irish dat very question.

The man truly is a deluded fool.

Haven't read the thread. Any gold today?

No gold, caller, only ebony. Did ya not lean outta de Volvo and ask yer man what he was hunger striking about and maybe offer to bring his plight to de attention of de boyos inside?

Wat colour was de sofa/chair you sat inside de house so to speak?

No haven’t seen it, will look later. Still at work saving lives so to speak as they say.

Saving private lives, caller. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Didn't hear it all, did he even find the Slavery - Slabhrait (chain) connection that a few seconds on the google machine would turn up?

I see in the Broadcasting Complaints Decisions features Liveline:

Broadcaster Response Summary
    The broadcaster is of the view that Liveline is a light entertainment phone-in and chat show. The broadcaster states that, given that the programme aired the day before Christmas Eve, the programme team aimed to avoid the subject of death and disasters. The broadcaster states that the programme is aimed to stimulate chat and to reflect over the past year and, in this programme, the past decade.
    The list of high and low points of the decade was compiled by the production team from previous lists, however, the team did not necessarily choose the event which was voted top high or top

low each year. The production team considered the decade in its entirety and deemed which should be included in the list in the context of the past decade. The broadcaster states that this is a reasonable approach as a point of reflection and strongly rejects the allegation that it changed or disrespected listener votes.
    The broadcaster states that the list was not purported or intended to be an official list of highs and lows. Further, the broadcaster does not consider that the content could be considered as being unfair or misleading to the audience.

https://www.bai.ie/en/download/134973/#page15

Edit-I’ve just thought of a New Thread Title so to speak:

WE AIM TO AVOID THE SUBJECT OF DEATH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

ah de bai like de best bank regulators in 2008

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

All joking aside, I received abuse over the colour of my skin years ago.
    Self tanning was a dangerous job back then.

#TangoedLivesMatter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

"the team did not necessarily choose the event which was voted top high or top 15 low each year." Would this be similar to how they "don't necessarily cherry pick the callers that they want on the show every day".

I am actually delighted that they avoided the Carrigaline issue this week, as it is demonstrates that there is a completely transparent agenda in RTE to avoid topics that reflect negatively on "the multicultural experience". RTE would like us to believe Ireland the experience is utopian, when this is clearly not the case. Somebody made the decision to skip this story and instead search for stories that portray the Irish as being racist.

The story should have been covered and RTE need to explain why it was not.

"the team did not necessarily choose the event which was voted top high or top 15 low each year." Would this be similar to how they "don't necessarily cherry pick the callers that they want on the show every day".

I am actually delighted that they avoided the Carrigaline issue this week, as it is demonstrates that there is a completely transparent agenda in RTE to avoid topics that reflect negatively on "the multicultural experience". RTE would like us to believe Ireland the experience is utopian, when this is clearly not the case. Somebody made the decision to skip this story and instead search for stories that portray the Irish as being racist.

Well the first line is true as the team have no say in what is covered on the show. Only one person says what's covered on dis show so to speak as they say.

EaCfuprXsAApjz7?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think in PC land we need a new term for an obese/fat/overweight person, I propose the safe term 'person of weight'.

https://twitter.com/TheRightMelissa/status/1270514653710475266?s=20

Don't know where to start on this one.....

I think in PC land we need a new term for an obese/fat/overweight person, I propose the safe term 'person of weight'.

Not lardarse then?

But everyone is a peron of weight caller - dja follow me (another one for the Bingo Card)? It would have to be something like "person of accentuated weight" or "person blessed with additional weight" to appease the fruitloops - who ironically don't eat enought fruit so to speak as they say.

@Catmaniac - Tubs gave a shout out to the Librarians of de country dis morning. You must be so proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭rightmove

LL only want to hear one side of the story. Impartiality is not their forte. Or rte's. Wouldnt mind if I didnt have to pay for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

rightmove wrote: »
    LL only want to hear one side of the story. Impartiality is not their forte. Or rte's. Wouldnt mind if I didnt have to pay for it though

Ya that's key for me. I wouldn't mind if it was privately funded and didnt profess to be unbiased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,126 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

tintin67 wrote: »
    Expunged from history to be replaced by the Blacks and Trans.
    Blackhorse Avenue to be renamed as its offensive to the Pieball type.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭manodepeeple

Red Cow Roundabout to be renamed Cow-of-Colour Roundabout.

Cow-of-Colour Roundabout to be renamed to Animal-of-Colour Roundabout so as not to discriminate against non-cows.

Animal-of-Colour Roundabout to be renamed to Entity-of-Colour Roundabout so as not to discriminate against non-animals.

Entity-of-Colour Roundabout to be renamed to Entity-of-Colour Shape so as not to discriminate against non-round shapes.

Sorted.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Blackpitts area of dublin 8 to be renamed 'The Pitts'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

dvcireland wrote: »
    Blackhorse Avenue to be renamed as its offensive to the Pieball type.

A horse of a different colour so to speak.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Bastardstown in Wexford to keep its name.
    As it’s all inclusive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I propose 'Girthmeister'

.....does what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Robust physique is my favourite so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

My favourite is the assailant was "of tanned complexion" as da gardai do be usin when dey do be lookin for somewan

How about 'relatively' thin

when compared to something relatively bigger

How about 'relatively' thin

when compared to something relatively bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Person of diminutive stature, is another one

sligojoek wrote: »
    Person of diminutive stature, is another one

Joking aside, isn't the correct acronym now PORG - as in Person Of Restricted Growth so to speak as they say? I seem to recall this came up when the bride to be had a dwarf midget PORG chained to her for the duration of her hen a few years ago.........

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I propose 'Girthmeister'

.....does what it says on the tin.

Sounds pronographic so to speak......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement