Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This f#ckwit with her tennis court on public land....feck away off you and your daughter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭CH3OH

A regular..... now letting the grass grow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

A whole show about tennis.

dvcireland wrote: »
    art practical...who give a ****

Nowadays they seem to be able to do their stuff at home. I knew somebody who did half their daughter’s art work for them, even though the daughter was genuinely able and talented, just wanted to ensure should got the top marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The over 70s were the backbone of the corona response according to this one?
    You mean they are the most at risk so have been advised to cocoon..and main reason the country has been shutdown....now they want out to play tennis when the Irish LTA decided it wasn't still safe.
    Off with ya but you should have zero help if you catch it and want help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭cozar

Not this one again. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

More heaping of praise for the over 70s who managed to stay at home. Never mind the fact that the country has been shut down to save them, hundreds of thousands out of work, people still trying their best on the front line to keep services going, people surviving on welfare payments etc. But they managed to stay at home, the real heros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Re the over 70s issue its as simple as this really.

The advice for over 70s is to cocoon.

They can go 5km to take exercise without coming into contact with other people. Common sense means that exercise means they go for a walk.

Over 70s are not meant to go shopping, go to the chemist themselves. To suggest that they could/should play tennis or golf is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Nasty old vibe to many of the comments here today and elsewhere re the over 70s. I'm not in that category yet but will hopefully be sometime, just like all the other thicks here pouring out the vitriol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

You would swear there's switch that trips when the 70th birthday is reached and people become immediately invalided and vulnerable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Nasty old vibe to many of the comments here today and elsewhere re the over 70s. I'm not in that category yet but will hopefully be sometime, just like all the other thicks here pouring out the vitriol.

Wonderful, wonderful, beautiful post. Thank you for your service caller.
    Who are these 'thicks' you speak of, sotospeak????

You would swear there's switch that trips when the 70th birthday is reached and people become immediately invalided and vulnerable

Ah hang on. Look at the average age of the people who died from the virus for God sake.

To be fair to the authorities there had to be a cut off age for this advice. It had to be a blunt instrument (similar to the 2km travel thingy).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Any links to the day the mother of the second ranked tennis player in Ireland was on first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

dvcireland wrote: »
    dont the shinners already follow this protocol...so to speak, the sunglasses from dealz really set the outfit off

And the flag still covered in creases because they've only took it out of the packet and hadn't thought to iron it

Today I saw quite a few very elderly people (late 80s and 90s) shopping, some with family, some by themselves. There is a risk, of course, but quite frankly I would be exactly the same when I, please goodness, reach their age, and it’s not that far off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jelutong

Floppybits wrote: »
    Ah FFS have you noticed any difference with your movements? 400k a year for that.
    New bowels please.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BPKS wrote: »
    The return flights are about €3k for the family of five - or 2.5 days work for Duffy.

€3k is one show and 15mins of the next show caller. You’re way off with de 2.5 days do to speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It really will be busy.

The sex was lusty, vital, honest, unabashed and I'm jealous as **** of the two of them, reminds me so much of college 20 odd years ago. Great times.

And if Tom and Co get through to Joe tomorrow about it, I'll be first on to say its the most moral thing I could ever think of, a committed consensual, loving exploration of "God" given sexuality. And Tom will never have experienced it in his miserable life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

RobertKK wrote: »

They are pushing Duffy like never before. He's on every ad break lately. The sooner business gets up and running and buying ad space the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,686 ✭✭✭✭zell12

€3k is one show and 15mins of the next show caller. You’re way off with de 2.5 days do to speak

The old mattymatticks under pressure is not my forte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭golondrinas

zell12 wrote: »
    Phone Dee, tell her you are quitting

He can’t quit. The latest ,according to himself, is , his pension pot is lost. He has no security of tenure as he is a contractor . Etc, etc. The man is in bits.I was so taken by it all I can’t even remember where I read it. On the up side. After one weeks earnings he would have more in his arse pocket than most people in the country have now,

With all this pushing of Sex on Da Lahv Lahn again you know it's probably not going to happen now and it will be Death Talk for 75mins.

He can’t quit. The latest ,according to himself, is , his pension pot is lost. He has no security of tenure as he is a contractor . Etc, etc. The man is in bits.I was so taken by it all I can’t even remember where I read it. On the up side. After one weeks earnings he would have more in his arse pocket than most people in the country have now,

I know, I was thinking of setting up a Go Fund Me page for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,274 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Why would anyone quit a job paying €1,280 an hour, for 6.25 hours a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭golondrinas

I know, I was thinking of setting up a Go Fund Me page for him.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence Would see through that straight away. It’s an old Gaybo trick. Look look I’m broke and heading for retirement age.(I know he’s a contractor). In Gaybos case it worked.
    In this case im not so sure. He’s terrified they will give it to someone who listens, is younger, has a much better delivery with good diction.:rolleyes:

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Why would anyone quit a job paying €1,280 an hour, for 6.25 hours a week.

It's actually circa €2,000 per hour based on my calculations from 2 Years of De Wurkplace calculator and dat, or €2,500 per show. These are fees btw, paid to a company owned by Mr. Duffy and not subject to PAYE, rather a more generous (and significantly lower) Corporation Tax figure. This company status aso allows for generous write offs for all expenses, and that's before we get to Mr. Duffy's status as a bukewriters thus qualifying for artists exemptions on de profits from de bukes and dat.

Just like every other ordinary man of de peeple from humble wurkin classs background wit a wurkin class wurk ettic so to speak as they say and dat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Just my interpretation of the plan but I think NK will arrive at the negotiations with all these 'articles' in little folder as proof of Duffy's popularity. Also it could be a soft power thing, if you tell enough impressionable people the same thing enough times it becomes fact. It wont be critically assessed anywhere large scale and will be just accepted. Also incase anything goes wrong in the negotiations they will have the public on their side due to the pre emptive PR campaign that has been launched. It's the same with the Lottie articles.

Good explanation, I figured it was along those lines but wondered why the RTE negotiation team aren't wide to this old tactic.

It should go a bit like this:

Hi Noel, take a seat. So it’s Joe’s contract time again. Look we’re not in a great place at the moment so we think a huge reduction is on the cards.

No way lads, I’m actually looking for a 30% increase. Have you not seen all the articles that feature him recently? He’s brilliant and you know it.

You engineered all those articles yourself Noel so don’t give us that sh!te.

It’s pure coincidence.

Bollocks. Now, not sure we could call him brilliant either. What about the whole virus/island thing. The slagging we got over that was unreal.

Fair point. Not one of his best moments for sure but he’s still worth the fees. Y’know I’m getting some interest from the BBC recently.

Yeah? Put a hard copy of an offer from the BBC on the table and we’ll take a look.

Obviously I can’t do that. Client confidentially etc.

Right yeah. It’s a 50% cut Noel. That’s it, thanks for coming in.

But...

Thanks Noel.

• Advertisement

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Good explanation, I figured it was along those lines but wondered why the RTE negotiation team aren't wide to this old tactic.

It should go a bit like this:

Hi Noel, take a seat. So it’s Joe’s contract time again. Look we’re not in a great place at the moment so we think a huge reduction is on the cards.

No way lads, I’m actually looking for a 30% increase. Have you not seen all the articles that feature him recently? He’s brilliant and you know it.

You engineered all those articles yourself Noel so don’t give us that sh!te.

It’s pure coincidence.

Bollocks. Now, not sure we could call him brilliant either. What about the whole virus/island thing. The slagging we got over that was unreal.

Fair point. Not one of his best moments for sure but he’s still worth the fees. Y’know I’m getting some interest from the BBC recently.

Yeah? Put a hard copy of an offer from the BBC on the table and we’ll take a look.

Obviously I can’t do that. Client confidentially etc.

Right yeah. It’s a 50% cut Noel. That’s it, thanks for coming in.

But...

Thanks Noel.

50%?

If he was paid €100,000 for his poutput he'd be overpaid.

And for anyone about to give the ad. revenue argument please don't. Because like all the stories of Mr. Duffy's poverty, it's bollocks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement