Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

RobertKK wrote: »

Joe showing his true colours with this tweet mocking any of the potential callers that might have a different view to his own.
    I thought I heard him say a few days ago he doesn't give his personal opinion on topics.:rolleyes:

RTE are just trying to increase the viewership of Normal People by creating all the fake outrage. Unfortunately I fell for it myself and watched it. It was mediocre at best.
    The program and talk about it has a feel of the Emperors new clothes about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

bossdrum wrote: »
    Joe showing his true colours with this tweet mocking any of the potential callers that might have a different view to his own.
    I thought I heard him say a few days ago he doesn't give his personal opinion on topics.:rolleyes:

RTE are just trying to increase the viewership of Normal People by creating all the fake outrage. Unfortunately I fell for it myself and watched it. It was mediocre at best.
    The program and talk about it has a feel of the Emperors new clothes about it.

a) are you new here?
    2) wat colour were d'Emperor's new clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence Would see through that straight away. It’s an old Gaybo trick. Look look I’m broke and heading for retirement age.(I know he’s a contractor). In Gaybos case it worked.
    In this case im not so sure. He’s terrified they will give it to someone who listens, is younger, has a much better delivery with good diction.:rolleyes:
    AHA he has that one well figured out... The Arus awaits. I have a feeling if Joe was pushed he would reluctantly put his name forward if he could be of some service to the nation and perhaps if the field could be left open for him to have a clear run we will be looking at president Joe (isn't it great such a man of the people from such humble beginnings could make it to the highest office in the land) Duffy in the not too distant future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

AHA he has that one well figured out... The Arus awaits. I have a feeling if Joe was pushed he would reluctantly put his name forward if he could be of some service to the nation and perhaps if the field could be left open for him to have a clear run we will be looking at president Joe (isn't it great such a man of the people from such humble beginnings could make it to the highest office in the land) Duffy

I'd do a Ray Darcy and leave the country.

AHA he has that one well figured out... The Arus awaits. I have a feeling if Joe was pushed he would reluctantly put his name forward if he could be of some service to the nation and perhaps if the field could be left open for him to have a clear run we will be looking at president Joe (isn't it great such a man of the people from such humble beginnings could make it to the highest office in the land) Duffy in the not too distant future

I thought it was only in America so to speak where you had to be millionaire to be President?

Can you even begin to imagine the embarrasment he would be meeting and greeting other Presidents from around de wurldid and dat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

I thought it was only in America so to speak where you had to be millionaire to be President?

Can you even begin to imagine the embarrasment he would be meeting and greeting other Presidents from around de wurldid and dat?

This scenario is not so far fetched as some people may think

This scenario is not so far fetched as some people may think

Oh I know it's possible in the way that celebrity and reality TV stars are now held in such high esteem by many (obviously not this caller). And we'd have him humblebragging his way through it.

Trumpo would never have been President if it wasn't for The Apprentice beaming him into the homes of middle America making him a recognisable face and look like a serious, dynamic businessman not afraid to make the tough decisions annd getting things done :rolleyes: while the reality is it was a constructed show with staged tasks and contestants picked on their cra crash-ability rather than merit or inteellect. Omarosa anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Whacker Junior better get a good result or else

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,791 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

possible on today

- leaving certs, don't be trying to bribe the teachers and all dat
    - PPE , dentists charging extra
    - old folks can't play tennis (or gangbangs??) , the humanity

no mention of the sex ??

De leaving cert

Mental health issues. Can6talk to teachers.

Parents mortified so actors reading emails

Paying for PPE.

Tennis golf buildings.

Joe asslicking Over 70s

Ronan thinks Joe sorted out Johnny and Dickie.

Exercise your fingers. Wash her hands 51551.

• Advertisement

POSSIBLY (but probably not) on twodaze show:

De Leaving Cert again so to speak as they say. Stewdents have been told under no circumstances to contact de teachers.

Very complimicated. Wat about de poor stewdents who did de grinds?

PPE - Personal Protection Equipment, it's Personal Protective Equipment.

Den me phone rang.............

my english teacher was related to a national hero...so to speak, the only comfort she was familiar with was that provided by a bottle of gin.

2smiggy wrote: »
    possible on today

- leaving certs, don't be trying to bribe the teachers and all dat
    - PPE , dentists charging extra
    - old folks can't play tennis (or gangbangs??) , the humanity

no mention of the sex ??

I told you dis would happen caller!
    With all this pushing of Sex on Da Lahv Lahn again you know it's probably not going to happen now and it will be Death Talk for 75mins.

sligojoek wrote: »
    De leaving cert

Mental health issues. Can6talk to teachers.

Parents mortified so actors reading emails

Paying for PPE.

Tennis golf buildings.

Joe asslicking Over 70s

Ronan thinks Joe sorted out Johnny and Dickie.

Exercise your fingers. Wash her hands 51551.

Instead of paying actors, why doesn't Joe read out the letters? Pat Kenny and Ciara Kelly do it all the time.

Is it Joe's dicktion, so to speak?

Overheard a bit of the call yesterday. Caller's little angel spent half of the leaving cert course in hospital. Can't get predictive grades because she's not predicted to do well.

Er... well how well is she predicted to do in the actual exams?

Some people really are a bit thick.

If she worked hard when in school her predicted grade might be better than her performance in an exam.

Instead of paying actors, why doesn't Joe read out the letters? Pat Kenny and Ciara Kelly do it all the time.

Or lack thereof....

By the way, is it just me or do I detect the whiff of sarcasm and cynicism in Ronan's banter with Joe? It's not the first time I've thought that, either

Nope, more pigs in the trough - just a way of allowing RTE Staffers and friends and family I suspect to get a few sheckles during lockdown, posing as actors.

He could read them out. So could one of the producers. It's classic RTE.

Or lack thereof....

By the way, is it just me or do I detect the whiff of sarcasm and cynicism in Ronan's banter with Joe? It's not the first time I've thought that, either

Oh no I think it's real too. He freuqently says "here's whay MIGHT be coming up on today's Lahv Lahn" and he's had a few little digs over the years. My own faviourite was when he picked up Mr. Duffy on his pronunication of

Hozey Zee Aire
    , (or Hozier to you and me so to speak as they say).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Nope, more pigs in the trough - just a way of allowing RTE Staffers and friends and family I suspect to get a few sheckles during lockdown, posing as actors.

Or get the person who wrote it to to read it using the robot voice changer. Just once I'd love it if they used the voice of a pure whacker taxi driver derya no war I meeeun

He doesn't even read out his own apologies. Except, of course, when it's to The O' Snodaighs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

POSSIBLY (but probably not) on twodaze show:

De Leaving Cert again so to speak as they say. Stewdents have been told under no circumstances to contact de teachers.

Very complimicated. Wat about de poor stewdents who did de grinds?

PPE - Personal Protection Equipment, it's Personal Protective Equipment.

Den me phone rang.............
    Normal people maybe....so Tommy can have a banger live on air!

I didn't recognise any of the voices I heard. Maybe he got the 3 twins to do the voices for some summer pocket money. 1 grand an hour each is a good round number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Or get the person who wrote it to to read it using the robot voice changer. Just once I'd love it if they used the voice of a pure whacker taxi driver derya no war I meeeun
    I vote for the voice changer from scream!
    Whats your favourite subject Cindyyy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

it just occured to me joe loves de english callers as it shows im his head dat dee forbes is twitching with nerves dat joe will be poached or fried?.
    rlol in real life bbc general: who was that ghastly man!

Fecking pome :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

One email came flooding in?

Fecking pome :(

Surely a beautiful, beautiful rendition.

People phoned in spontaneously, mar dhea

looking for a chain palarticle-1251889-08492DF3000005DC-244_468x286.jpg

• Advertisement

Roger_007 wrote: »
    One email came flooding in?

So more like a drip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement