Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It’s Monday Mourning & we are in the midst of a Sahara Desert if Shocking Statistics:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

a lot of overseas destinations, dont have insurance premiums like here, or minimum wages

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Blugaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Orwellmerchant

Bulgaria v Killarney

Vote yes for Bulgaria and no for Killarney.
    Neither a hurling strong hold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,229 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

pc7 wrote: »
    Image search on Aliexpress you usually find quite a few!
    I would say so same with wish etc.
    A lot of bloggers just rebrand standard products with their name and make a huge markup.
    Some seriously gullible people on Instagram etc.

I priced an apartment a few months back in Sunny Beach Bulgaria for circa €20k, was moddrin and that, I guess they will be less than that again by the end of the year.

I was really pleasantly surprised at just what a lovely country Bulgaria is, on pretty much all counts. I met Irish people on the flight who said they are so glad to have their holiday tigeen there (outside popular area) and how the good Bulgarian neighbours always kept an eye on it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Killarney ripping everyone off because of the fat Americans .... It's not Ireland anymore ... f*ck them!!

Yes I have never been ripped off in Dublin or Connemara and never seen fat Americans there either:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,052 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sunny Beach is a nice spot. Although the beach isn't sandy, more shaley.

Yes I did a Google Street View of the area, some parts of it a little like scenes from Borat, also appeared to be littered with knocking shops/gentleman's clubs.

dvcireland wrote: »
    a lot of overseas destinations, dont have insurance premiums like here, or minimum wages

Or massive rates.

Or Employers PRSI.

I could go on.

I was raised up north.
    Is the scouts more of a thing in the south? We never had anything like that where I was from.

Pretty horrendous report.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,122 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

god forgive me...did he get a special badge

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Who’s going to foot the compo bill for this?

The sentencing for sexual abuse is horrendously lenient in Ireland. It's a real disgrace for destroying people's lives.

2 months....served of an 8 months sentence...ffs.

That man has clearly been absolutely broken by it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

You can't say dat. You can't say dat...….mumble mumble.....keep talkin.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,779 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Tears, Joe.

<fumbles under desk>
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

dvcireland wrote: »
    god forgive me...did he get a special badge

Two fiddles on green background.

gmisk wrote: »
    I was raised up north.
    Is the scouts more of a thing in the south? We never had anything like that where I was from.

Pretty horrendous report.

I was in the Scouting Association of Ireland which was a multi-denominational organisation, but was considered unionist and protestant. The rival organisation was the Catholic Boy Scouts of Ireland.

They merged in 2004 and I know a few leaders who resigned from SAI in protest because they didn't want anything to do with the CBSI.

This was in the south, and I was catholic when I was a member.

RTE's lead council must be having a conniption listening to this.

Roger_007 wrote: »

De inshurdence company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

De Pleeece

I was in the Scouting Association of Ireland which was a multi-denominational organisation, but was considered unionist and protestant. The rival organisation was the Catholic Boy Scouts of Ireland.

They merged in 2004 and I know a few leaders who resigned from SAI in protest because they didn't want anything to do with the CBSI.

Dere was a similar sort of shoyte went on in Scotland, where the Boy's Brigade was generally regarded as Proddy, etc. The Scouts weren't regarded as anything like that, just Scouts.
    I gave the BB a shot, but not being a football head, there wasn't much there to interest me, so defected to the Scouts.

I must say, both being proto-paramilitary organisations, the Scouts were the softer option.

• Advertisement

Ah ok thanks for that.
    Sounds like I dodged a bullet!
    It looks like serious sexual abuse really ignored and hidden pretty horrendous.

I came from a GAA Catholic area it was hurling and nothing else, maybe for the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Joe getting breathless now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe silencing de caller dere...

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah ok thanks for that.
    Sounds like I dodged a bullet!
    It looks like serious sexual abuse really ignored and hidden pretty horrendous.

I came from a GAA Catholic area it was hurling and nothing else, maybe for the best!

In my hurling mad area, the GAA actively discouraged all types of scouting. Some antics put me off the GAA for life.

No offense intended.

Other anecdote, in most SAI troops, half the leaders were female. in CBSI, they were all men, and often the local priest too.

In my hurling mad area, the GAA actively discouraged all types of scouting. Some antics put me off the GAA for life.

No offense intended.

Other anecdote, in most SAI troops, half the leaders were female. in CBSI, they were all men, and often the local priest too.
    Ah that could be it.
    No offense taken at all.
    The GAA has serious power in Ireland.
    I only played hurling til start of secondary school I had a horrendous temper at that age so moved onto golf at my mum's insistence lol.

That is a serious amount of victims in that report....275 alleged perpetrators..f#cking hell.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Id think the state? I don't think it should be the main concern at the minute, there should be some type of justice for the people abused.
    From a compensation point of view probably something similar to RIRU which is managed by department of education and skills (or it was when I worked there)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Brilliant analogies Joe

De Sahara invoked again. What about de Namib, or Kalahari, or Atacama?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Shrill voice puts me off already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Mad auntie alert

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement