Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Pond

Options
  • 08-05-2020 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone installed a large pond, like maybe 30ft diameter ??

I’d be interested to hear peoples experience and what sort of costs involved.

Would there be much maintenance??

We kept an area of the site for a pond but didn’t when the kids we’re small. Now they are older I’m looking at the area again and thinking maybe.

Comments

Your maintenance will depend on what filtration you go for.
    RDF (rotary drum filters) seem to be the gold standard at the moment.
    Mantance free but expensive.
    My advice is don't once and dont skimp .
    Extremekoi.co.uk is good

Planning my own and will be using an RDF and Nexus filter fed by a bottom drain and surface skimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Raft of natural pond videos on YouTube.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Fish pond or wildlife pond? If you don't have fish, do you need a filtration system?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Fish pond or wildlife pond? If you don't have fish, do you need a filtration system?

It would be a wildlife pond

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

I wasted a lot of time at the start buying plants for my pond which never grew very well and died after a year or two.I walked to a bog a few fields away and picked some young rushes,planted them and I have to thin them out every year now so I'd advise keep it very Irish with LOCAL plants.
    You don't need a filter system but if you want guaranteed clear water then put one in with a uv light

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

Where is the best place to buy a preformed pond online?

Advertisement