Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought items chargeback

Options
  • 08-05-2020 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, how long to I have to wait to initiate a chargeback on a debit card?

I ordered stuff from a uk shop online and haven't received any contact whatever regarding the order, no confirmation, no tracking numbers no nothing despite the order being over €1k in value and over a week has passed.

I've emailed to no response and phone numbers ringing out for them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭mjp

Have similar issue as above with DPD paying for parcel collection two weeks ago. No further update on request online and customer service not getting back to any of mails requesting refund. Ended up getting another courier Co to collect goods for me instead.

How do I proceed with charge back on my visa debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. You can submit a chargeback request up until 120 days after the transaction has been completed on the account. The transaction must be showing in completed transactions on your account to initiate a chargeback request.

We would always recommend that you try to resolve this with the merchant directly. If you do not feel that you have received a satisfactory response from the merchant you can complete a Visa Debit Transaction dispute form which you will find here under the heading Visa Debit.

When submitting your chargeback request please include as much information as possible such as confirmation of order and any further correspondence you have sent or received from the merchant. 

This along with the transaction dispute form must be then returned to 
    Bank of Ireland
    Chargeback department
    PO Box 365
    Dublin 18

I hope this information helps.

Thanks Jen 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 5678

Ok it was suggested from work friend that you had to wait a minimum of 30 from transaction, is that not true then? I can just go ahead and begin the process now once its a clear transaction on my account?

Its just I dont have faith that the company I ordered from are even a genuine company now so want to get this sorted asap to try get my money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

5678 wrote: »
    Ok it was suggested from work friend that you had to wait a minimum of 30 from transaction, is that not true then? I can just go ahead and begin the process now once its a clear transaction on my account?

Its just I dont have faith that the company I ordered from are even a genuine company now so want to get this sorted asap to try get my money back
    Hi again, 

That wouldn't be the case. Once your transaction has been done within 120 days, you can certainly fill out one of our Transaction Dispute forms. 

Once this is received, our Chargebacks Team will be happy to investigate this for you. 

If there is anything else we can help with, please get in touch!

Have a nice day, take care. 

Thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement