Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yildiz 12 bore U/O

Options
  • 08-05-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

any one have experience with these guns,how did you find them ,thinking of purchasing one for rough shooting ,are they a well balanced gun ...any reasons not to like them ,please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

I know a lad that had one and he had a problem with it, when he had the safety on and closed the gun it was prone to going off!!!! He brought it back and bought a used browning. I would advise the same you will get much better value with a reputable brand imo

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

pm. wrote: »
    I know a lad that had one and he had a problem with it, when he had the safety on and closed the gun it was prone to going off!!!! He brought it back and bought a used browning. I would advise the same you will get much better value with a reputable brand imo

thanks pm,would you think its a common thing in the make of gun or a one off,i know the lad that bought it paid close to 1k for it ,hes selling it for 300,just thought it was a bargain,i have an O/U Baikal years old ,was just thinking of moving into to the modern age lol

transit260 wrote: »
    thanks pm,would you think its a common thing in the make of gun or a one off,i know the lad that bought it paid close to 1k for it ,hes selling it for 300,just thought it was a bargain,i have an O/U Baikal years old ,was just thinking of moving into to the modern age lol

Id say it was a once off tbh, if you could save another 300 you would get a decent second shotgun thats what I would do. I'd also say 1k is a bit of a streach they can be got for around 500 new

Have a look at the below for an example

https://outdoorsports.ie/collections/guns/products/lanber-sporter-12g-shotgun

https://outdoorsports.ie/collections/guns/products/bettensoli-diamond-12g-shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

transit260 wrote: »
    any one have experience with these guns,how did you find them ,thinking of purchasing one for rough shooting ,are they a well balanced gun ...any reasons not to like them ,please

I had one of them for about 3 years. I did a fair bit of rough shooting with it, and shot in a few clay comps as well. I never had a problem with it, and got back almost what I'd paid for it when I sold it on. I found it to be a great gun, and had none of the "a mate of mine had one..." type problems you hear about. The only issue I had with it was that it kicked a bit hard for clay shooting, but if you're not doing clay comps with it, it should be fine. I bought one because a friend had the same gun, which he still has, and he's never had a problem with his either.

thanks for the replies,,i will have a chat as soon as i can travel out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

The newer guns are much better than the older ones. Yildiz copped the fact they could not sell the guns as they were getting a bad reputation and upped their game in the last year or two. TGS Outdoors on youtube do reviews on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭DogfoxCork

i had one as my first shotgun, really enjoyed it, light as hell and i have fond memories of it. used it for game and hide shooting and roost shooting, glorified shovel basically. nothing pretty. I had it for something like 6 years until one day i closed it and the bottom barrel went off into the ground in front of me, a little poop came out and i decided to trade up!

DogfoxCork wrote: »
    i had one as my first shotgun, really enjoyed it, light as hell and i have fond memories of it. used it for game and hide shooting and roost shooting, glorified shovel basically. nothing pretty. I had it for something like 6 years until one day i closed it and the bottom barrel went off into the ground in front of me, a little poop came out and i decided to trade up!

Same thing that happened my mates gun, scared the sh1t out of him too. When they can sell new guns for sub 600 they have to be cutting corners, buy cheap buy twice..

I know we all have a budget but I would definitely recommend a reputable second hand brand as above

thanks folks,its been traded in anyway,i will wait for another bit and hold on to my O/U Baikal for the foreseeable future,when/if we ever get back to work i will look in to the market and see whats about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Have a look at Bettinsoli's, Italian made and not bad from the few i have seen of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

tudderone wrote: »
    Have a look at Bettinsoli's, Italian made and not bad from the few i have seen of them.

Have one- Bettinsoli Diamond X. Bought second hand but in fairness I think that the previous owner only fired 100 or so shots through it.
    Great gun, reasonably light and lovely balance. 5 chokes, ejector.

Needed something to replace a cheap SXS that I had that was steel proofed and would fire more than 2 1/2 inch cartridges.
    Have fired about 2,000 shots since last July and hasn't missed a beat so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭furandfeather

I had one few years ago for rough shooting and it was a c&%t for the two barrels going off at the same time. For the sake of another couple of hundred euro I'd go with one of the more reliable brands.
    I have heard the newer ones are supposed to be improved alot alright

I had one few years ago for rough shooting and it was a c&%t for the two barrels going off at the same time. For the sake of another couple of hundred euro I'd go with one of the more reliable brands.
    I have heard the newer ones are supposed to be improved alot alright

i think thats the route i will take in time ,and no doubt when im ready i will be pestering you guys for direction then too lol...thanks for the help people

Advertisement