Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a tree surgeon - any idea?

Options
  • 08-05-2020 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

I was sitting in the parents garden today looking at the 40ft lellandi trees blocking out all the light, so thought I might try to cut about 10 feet off the top of them.
    When I stood right beside them I realized I definitely wasnt going to be doing it.
    So I gave a couple of tree surgeons a call and got quoted €1000 up to €3000 but they have to have a good look when they get a chance to give a final quote.

Does this seem expensive? Anyone every get a similar job done and what did you pay?

There are 12 trees all in a row about 40ft high. I would be looking for 10 ft chopped off them all. I would get them cut down altogether but my Dad actually wants to keep them.

I just want to see what people think a fair price would be.

Im a bit worried the tree surgeons will be like my friend who is a dentist. He said to me "God help my first few dozen patients when I get back to work. I'll find so many things wrong with their teeth to get my income back to normal" :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sound pretty reasonable prices to me to be honest.

I'd recommend you get more taken off them, so that they are manageble, are they let grow wild or are they cut back into a hedge?
    Taking more off wont really impact the price so you would be better off to do it all in one go.

If your dad doesnt like them at 10 or 20ft, they will be back to 40ft in a couple of years anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a quote of €1000 is less than €100 a tree, which sounds cheap to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Completely pointless getting quotes over the phone or by pic, plenty will low-ball the price until they get on site. Wait until people can actually call to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

They are just trees growing wild. They are horrible things. I hate them.
    Thanks guys.

Advertisement