Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Credit Unions give mortgage loans over 30/35 years?

• 08-05-2020 6:16pm

My locals only does 25 and have been approved for up to €70,000 but I’d like to find one that does 30/35 years

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I don't think so, 25 is even good but there may have been some changes since I was last involved, it used to be max of 15 at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Not to mention the rates are higher then the banks.
    At least my CUs are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Most people who go for CU mortgages do so because for one reason or another a bank mortgage doesn't suit or their situation/property doesn't suit the bank more like!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

You want approval for €70,0000 over 30/35 years?

Why not save?

Mortgages over 30/35 years will cost way more in interest, why ot stick to 20? With such a low amount even 10/15

If you can avoid the credit union, do.

I am with them as my house was an unusual purchase, and it made more sense to skip by the bank and use the CU instead. Got 80k at 5.9% (15 years). Not a day goes by where I don't feel robbed by the interest rate (and it's secured against the house, so it's a secured loan at a standard unsecured loan's interest rate, effectively).

• Advertisement
Advertisement