Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar-ovision aka. SURLAW aka. Reverse Walrus; a Eurovision Style Contest

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I only did it so I could be next on the sign up sheet, and subject y'all to my own torture chamb.... err I mean music catalogue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    I only did it so I could be next on the sign up sheet, and subject y'all to my own torture chamb.... err I mean music catalogue :D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Should we expect some Blondie and Guns'n'Roses hidden gems? :D

(jokes aside, the Use Your Illusion albums had some brilliant album tracks/that were never released as singles)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Should we expect some Blondie and Guns'n'Roses hidden gems? :D

(jokes aside, the Use Your Illusion albums had some brilliant album tracks/that were never released as singles)

Hmmm... looking at my work in progress playlist I don't think there will be many hidden gems :o
    It will be quite diverse though... at least that's the intention :)

• The definitive list has just been entered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,920 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I was thinking an interesting take could be everyone enters one song and then marks them all. Have a pretty broad category, like 2020 songs, or something. Might need to be a fairly closed shop though, which maybe isn't what we really want

I was thinking an interesting take could be everyone enters one song and then marks them all. Have a pretty broad category, like 2020 songs, or something. Might need to be a fairly closed shop though, which maybe isn't what we really want

What you're suggesting is a LAWWAL... that's a different competition entirely... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Jaysus, you're keen

Submitted my ten!
    I listened to the top eleven (10th/11th was close) three times each, the top five had five listens and were still moving after the fifth

Couple of good new ones in there LeVar, plus a couple of surprises from artists I knew :)

Now to try to fit in 350 songs with female singers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Sent. My top 3 remained at the top but they did change order, there was a few songs i wouldn't of put in my top ten upon first listen but some grew on me and ended up with decent placements.

• Advertisement

17 lots of results in now, and each new set of rankings result in big changes on the leaderboard.

Still plenty of time to get your lists in, if you haven't already. The plan is still to close up Sign-Ups on Thursday and have the reveal on Friday or Saturday evening.

This post from the Netflix forum seems like something you guys might like!
    First look at the new Eurovision movie starring Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭lassykk

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I had one of those. In the bottom half till I listened to it a few times. And it just kept getting better and better.

Hey Molly, sorry I thought I was following this thread but I wasn't so sorry for ignoring you ;)

It wasn't near the bottom - right up near the top :) Made it on to my regular playlist

20 lots of points now in and a few more on the way that I know of

Deadline to get them in to me is this Thursday, May 21st by 11pm

The reveal will either be Friday or Saturday evening from 7pm... Probably Friday, but not 100% certain yet

Its just under 54 hours until the deadline, for any of those still deliberating...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,081 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its just under 54 hours until the deadline, for any of those still deliberating...

Well my 10 pm'd that's it no changes ;)

24 Hours left to get your Rankings in

Last call for submissions. 12 Hours to Go!

Submissions are now closed.

Reveal will be tomorrow evening at 7pm.

Will post reveal thread here tomorrow, once I've bothered to set it up... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,552 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

^^^

One of the most memorable elements of Eurovision contests has been the interval acts and even though I seem to remember Ireland doing something which was received quite favorably in 1994, this is my favorite performance.

Also one of the best examples of the flash mob phenomenon which had its detractors but given the last few months and the likely future of social distancing seems like a very enjoyable experience.

Anyone else care to nominate a suitable interval act (maybe in keeping with the thread, it should be something which wasn't actually associated with the Eurovision). Maybe a Mariah Carey solo performance perhaps.

• Advertisement

Maybe a Mariah Carey solo performance perhaps.

Still plenty of time for me to conveniently lose your results...

^^^

One of the most memorable elements of Eurovision contests has been the interval acts and even though I seem to remember Ireland doing something which was received quite favorably in 1994, this is my favorite performance.

Also one of the best examples of the flash mob phenomenon which had its detractors but given the last few months and the likely future of social distancing seems like a very enjoyable experience.

Anyone else care to nominate a suitable interval act (maybe in keeping with the thread, it should be something which wasn't actually associated with the Eurovision). Maybe a Mariah Carey solo performance perhaps.

To keep it Irish, a Mariah Westlife duet maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kolido wrote:
    To keep it Irish, a Mariah Westlife duet maybe.

You mean the Phil Collins cover they did?

Great call. :D

You mean the Phil Collins cover they did?

Great call. :D

Phil can be on drums as I know you're a big fan :D

Reveal Thread Is Now Live, Results @ 7pm

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058080073

Advertisement