Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

road_high wrote: »
    And who's going to keep building places that cannot be open or utilised? Or people can't drawdown a mortgage to buy it? Or because their job is still shut down? I'm going to blunt here but- Take your head of your arse and wake the fcuk up please.

Yet more doomsday fear mongering.

The economy will be absolutely fine. Buzzing I'd say. :)

Take a chill pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

Did you not get a chance to read the phased re-opening plan?

Where are you getting the idea that Ireland has no idea what decisions to make?

The problem with him and other people complaining on here is, A, they are part of the loony brigade ie waters, o Doherty, 5G new world order people

Or B, voted for change in the last election and very pissed off they didn't get what they wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Is their restrictions on construction, as in how far you can travel to work, for example I know lots of people who work on sites in Dublin but live in the west of the country
    That's not non-essential travel so no reason they should be prevented from travelling. Won't workplaces give them letters/emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

And who's going to keep building places that cannot be open or utilised? Or people can't drawdown a mortgage to buy it? Or because their job is still shut down? I'm going to blunt here but- Take your head of your arse and wake the fcuk up please.

What places under construction will be completed before the next phases of re-opening start?

Sure don't bother building houses or offices as they won't be sold at the start of construction, that's how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yet more doomsday fear mongering.

The economy will be absolutely fine. Buzzing I'd say. :)

Take a chill pill.

Perfectly logical I'm afraid to tell you. Come back to me over the coming months as the perma job losses stack up- i really wish it won't be the case but the longer this nonsense goes on the more severe it gets. Nothing can keep running on fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't see a lot in there at all having much effect although some of the amenities being open is great news.

Yeah I've a local mountain walk that was closed so I'll be heading for there next week.

Apparently horse racing is exempt from the need for patience and caution.

It's stuff like that that's going to wind people up. I can't go out to get a desk for myself to work from home, but fecking horse racing is important enough to push up through the stages.
    If you choose to be wound-up! :p Pop into the local hardware shop, get the wood and build it!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

Well to be fairl loads of people still work from home, lots of people still working in the food industry hospital staff bus drivers ect,

Sounds like someone is suffering from lockdown fatigue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

So is the goddamn cancer screening restarting or not? My last worry is the shops...

Yeah I've a local mountain walk that was closed so I'll be heading for there next week.
    There are a good few little things being reopened, things that can make a difference to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just read the child care scheme for frontline workers was axed.
    The cynic is me can't help but think that sure, people will thank front line workers from safety but when it comes down to it and actually helping them (and putting yourself out there) then the reality comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Perfectly logical I'm afraid to tell you. Come back to me over the coming months as the perma job losses stack up- i really wish it won't be the case but the longer this nonsense goes on the more severe it gets. Nothing can keep running on fresh air.

This 'nonsense' is saving lives and containing the spread of disease.

The world has changed.

I doubt we'll ever return to what we thought was normal.

All we can do is do our best to adapt.

The economy remains fundamentally strong with no underlying structural issues.

There is no reason the vast bulk of those receiving COVID payments wont be back at work in short order later in the year assuming another lock down is not needed.

uli84 wrote: »
    So is the goddamn cancer screening restarting or not?
    That will come from the HSE. They have mentioned restarting a range of services soon but I don't know if there is a date for that yet.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Bit of a ****ty below the belt thing to say but I guess it's par for the course for you

Awwh. Don't be like that. It was clearly in jest. if you had an issue with the post, you just hit the report button, chum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Apparently horse racing is exempt from the need for patience and caution.

It's stuff like that that's going to wind people up. I can't go out to get a desk for myself to work from home, but fecking horse racing is important enough to push up through the stages.

You can buy a desk online, or am I missing something here?

not an argument for or against Horse Racing - but i keep seeing this "i need to buy xyz" its all online. It will take a little while but it will get there.
    I also need a desk though, thanks for the reminder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

This 'nonsense' is saving lives and containing the spread of disease.

The world has changed.

I doubt we'll ever return to what we thought was normal.

All we can do is do our best to adapt.

The economy remains fundamentally strong with no underlying structural issues.

There is no reason the vast bulk of those receiving COVID payments wont be back at work in short order later in the year assuming another lock down is not needed.

The fundamentals are sound - Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Hopefully we can move forward in 3 weeks time and not backward!

Construction going back is big boost.

The malcontents (the Gemma O'Dohertys and John Waters..), who care about no one but themselves, will be fuming but the vast majority accept the need for patience and caution.

Your usual trolling techniques didn’t work so now you’re resorting to name dropping the Krazy Gang? Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

not an argument for or against Horse Racing - but i keep seeing this "i need to buy xyz" its all online. It will take a little while but it will get there.

I've heard that desks were hard to get online as everyone is working at home and ordered them.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Just read the child care scheme for frontline workers was axed.
    The cynic is me can't help but think that sure, people will thank front line workers from safety but when it comes down to it and actually helping them (and putting yourself out there) then the reality comes out.

The lack of “wanting to help” from childcare workers was not the reason this scheme was scrapped. It was very badly thought out with zero consultation with providers and between no insurance and the WRC wading in, it was pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

can anyone answer me this
    when are the private consultants back?
    danke schoen.

Ask Nphet... and the HSE when they'll actually read scans and do test results for them.....

Crazy world, very poor from government here....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I've heard that desks were hard to get online as everyone is working at home and ordered them.

might take a little while longer to get but they are still available. im looking at some right now!

https://www.ajproducts.ie/office-conference/office-furniture/remote-workspace/desk/31613338-19454849.wf?productId=19454854&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrraN8qC26QIVVeztCh2MLAvkEAQYASABEgKZiPD_BwE

delivery 2-3 working days......

If you choose to be wound-up! :p Pop into the local hardware shop, get the wood and build it!

Ah yeah because people working from home have nothing but time on their hands to make furniture.

Retailers of office products are on that list too. Some may do furniture as well.
    From the roadmap
    Retail that is mainly outdoor + homeware,
    opticians, motor, bicycle & repair,office products, electrical, IT, phone
    sales & repair open. All subject to social distancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Can I buy a new bike on Monday? The place does repairs also.

There is this big meatball store in Ballymun which also sells a bit of furniture on the side - Can this open?

Ah yeah because people working from home have nothing but time on their hands to make furniture.
    Nobody's forcing you to do anything except stare at the wall but there is a universe of possibilities out there for you if you choose.

The fundamentals are sound - Jesus wept.

“The fundamentals are strong” - Hank Paulson 2008 - 3 months before an economic meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭HBC08

BoatMad wrote: »
    ireland , the only driver going down the the motorway claiming everyone else is going the wrong way !!. The worst affected country in europe will allow national travel from 6 june , we are nearly 6 weeks behind that !! WTF

Yeah let's do what they're doing,they seem to have a handle on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Fann Linn wrote: »
    There's probably more touch and feel in the veg dept at Dunnes Stores in fairness.

I hope I never encounter you in dunnes anyway you saucy git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

That will come from the HSE. They have mentioned restarting a range of services soon but I don't know if there is a date for that yet.

Oh soon, great, i wonder their definition of soon is, hopefully not as soon as the schools

• Advertisement

Can I buy a new bike on Monday? The place does repairs also.
    If it's on the list it looks like it. Give them a call to check.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement