Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Nah it's called not being a dick.

If you dont look at what you buy because you are scared of leaving your germs on food you touch in a supermarket (even though you should wash your hands prior to leaving your home) its called being daft, and will result in food poisoning sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

fin12 wrote: »
    From Monday, r we allowed meet up with 4 people outside ur household?

Yep, so long as that meeting is outdoors and within 5km of your home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Stheno wrote: »
    So the roadmap two weeks ago included "electrical, office products, homeware, and hardware shops'

Today that appears to have changed to hardware only.

Have I got that completely wrong?

No completely right. Quite frankly, someone sensible will rightfully start taking court proceedings in respect to this continued shutdown. The quarantining from other EU countries will definitely not survive a court challenge particularly if we are out of step with the rest of the EU. I am wondering when more people will push back against Project Fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

This makes 0 sense.

Homeware stores are just as huge as hardware so social distancing etc can be practised identically in both. What is this i dont even...

Would it not make sense to have more large stores than a limited number? So now the people who would have went to ikea might go to woodies to look for the things they wanted as there’s overlap. The more of them that are open the less people who go to each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

I hate them, I hate myself for not being able to deal with it. I am so tired of all this, was looking forward to Monday and they took it away just like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

fin12 wrote: »
    From Monday, r we allowed meet up with 4 people outside ur household?

No! you can meet up with 3 people, max group of 4 and social distancing complied with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

the kelt wrote: »
    It’s all turning into a bit of a fiasco.

I mean in 24 hours we have it revealed that basically NPHET were writing cheques that the HSE couldn’t cash in regards to testing etc and when the HSE raised this with the minister it remained unanswered for weeks.

Then we have 244 new cases casually thrown on to the list for last night, oh sorry they’re actually cases that were going back to March but we aren’t naming where it was. But it’s revealed it’s the Mater who then have released their own statement that in fact they did provide the numbers who don’t blame us with no further comment from the HSE.

And then for the last 2 weeks we have business preparing to open on the 18th based on the roadmap only to be told today, oops sorry, bit of a typo there on that one, yeah you can’t open and anyway there will be too many people trying to go but it will be grand in 3 weeks when the 5k restriction changes to 20k.

But we better rush through the old horse racing, I mean we can’t have that being as far back as it was, feck the store owners let’s get them millionaire horse trainers back in action.

And we have performing seals here talking about the science behind these decisions and all the metrics and data etc that are used, now stfah and stop asking questions, aghhhh we’re all going to die cos you won’t stay at home!!

Id thank this a million times if i could. Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

My god there are some rebels out there all the same. With little ability to cope. Gawd help you..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No completely right. Quite frankly, someone sensible will rightfully start taking court proceedings in respect to this continued shutdown. The quarantining from other EU countries will definitely not survive a court challenge particularly if we are out of step with the rest of the EU. I am wondering when more people will push back against Project Fear.

I did get it wrong. IT,phone, electrical and office product shops can reopen Monday

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/3736c7-government-approves-moving-to-phase-1-of-easing-covid-19-restriction/#list-of-retailers-that-can-open-on-18-may

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

cosanostra wrote: »
    Anyone know where factories fit in on the roadmap? If you manufacture for the construction industry can you claim to fall into the 1st phase and reopen on monday?

Yes. I know of local Joinerys, kitchen suppliers, flooring suppliers, tilers, etc are all opening on Monday. Thank fcuk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭prunudo

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Would it not make sense to have more large stores than a limited number? So now the people who would have went to ikea might go to woodies to look for the things they wanted as there’s overlap. The more of them that are open the less people who go to each

Exactly, I had the same thoughts during 2km restrictions, i live in a town with roughly 1500 people, so you had all the people from the housing estates sharing a limited number of footpath space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

uli84 wrote: »
    I hate them, I hate myself for not being able to deal with it. I am so tired of all this, was looking forward to Monday and they took it away just like that.

Took what away? A trip to IKEA??!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Ditto.. I'll continue to observe social distancing, wash my hands, minimise trips to shops etc, but I won't be wearing masks or freaking out every time I pass another human being.

Ditto. I will never wear a mask. The mask is 2020’s tinfoil hat.

I love masks. I wear oversized ones so they hide my dark circles and hungover head. Every cloud and all that.

Benimar wrote: »

Maybe the person was referring to work or something. Maybe they work in a homeware store.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Ditto. I will never wear a mask. The mask is 2020’s tinfoil hat.

Why's that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

16:129?

Skip to phase five!

Clear those beer taps and open those barbers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I’m immunocompromised but hubs and I have made the decision that when the general public begins to relax restrictions, we’re going to as well. I can’t live like that, watching everyone else move on with their lives whilst I hide away. I already am in a lonely place as being terminally ill is something you can only understand if you are in that position. It would be excruciating to watch everyone get on with it. So I’m going to take my chances. Take all the known precautions and get on with it.

It’s for my husband too. If it would be hard for me, imagine how hard it would be for a fully healthy young man to have to cocoon whilst the world gets back to normal. I cannot do that to him.

I wont wear a mask either for the following reasons

1: i dont see it making a difference, 2: unless you have multiple you are using the same one all the time..not exactly hygienic, 3: My sinuses aint they best so i couldnt possibly breathe properly if im wearing a mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Stheno wrote: »

Apologies - I was thinking about the homeware that was taken out.

Although is Ikea homeware? . Don’t you get lots of materials in a box with some screws and then you have to make something. And they sell meatballs

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »

No but even if, at this stage, a stupid visit to a shop might have been a highlight to someone considering everything is closed.

ek motor wrote: »
    Why's that ?

It really doesn’t require explanation.

Indulge me

I’m immunocompromised but hubs and I have made the decision that when the general public begins to relax restrictions, we’re going to as well. I can’t live like that, watching everyone else move on with their lives whilst I hide away. I already am in a lonely place as being terminally ill is something you can only understand if you are in that position. It would be excruciating to watch everyone get on with so. So I’m going to take my chances. Take all the known precautions and get on with it.

It’s for my husband too. If it would be hard for me, imagine how hard it would be for a fully healthy young man to have to cocoon whilst the world gets back to normal. I cannot do that to him.

I’m totally with you, I have long term illness and would take a risk to go back to normal life as I’m aware that not many more years could be ahead of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Translation:erm just because, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Hearing Maximum Media has gone bust...owns joe and her.ie.

ek motor wrote: »
    Indulge me

I don’t work in the medical sector.

Neither am I a hypochondriac, a neck-beard with nothing better to do than worry or a doomsday’er.

I don’t work in the medical sector.

Neither am I a hypochondriac, a neck-beard with nothing better to do than worry or a doomsday’er.

Do you ever question why its being recommended ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Hearing Maximum Media has gone bust...owns joe and her.ie.

Wait for the save the 70 year old brigade, they ll tell you how that business had high rent and was gonna go bust anyways.

Or, even better, its a multinational serving foreign countries so their job losses dont count. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Ireland essentially is in a double lockdown because of the extremely delayed online deliveries, since even in normal circumstances most things people need are not available locally.

You can't travel outside of Ireland, you can't ravel much in Ireland, you can't get things you need locally - this is true even when things were open, and now you can't get things online either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement