Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Just gotten an email from Argos to say they are open on monday, high street and retail parks. No shopping centre stores opening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

ek motor wrote: »
    Do you ever question why its being recommended ?

By whom? Our dithering government can't even make their minds up on the subject.

Any other questions?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Do you ever question why its being recommended ?

Not recommended in Denmark. I trust Danes more than Leo & Co who cant even type out their 5 phase plan correctly.

"Henning Bundgaard, Professor in Cardiology at Copenhagen University, who is conducting a trial on the efficacy of face masks, told The Local that he believed Denmark was right to exercise caution.

"No one has any documentation that face masks outside hospitals work at all," he said. "And I think it is rational to provide this documentation before we demand that people need to wear masks out in the open." "

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hearing Maximum Media has gone bust...owns joe and her.ie.

The clickbait group that had to use click farms to make up for the shìte bait that didn't get clicks.

But it'll be a bastion of journalism now!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

It’s in examinership so not bust per se. It will likely be restructured and sold off to a larger conglomerate with the loss of practically all of the jobs in Ireland. It also has little to do with Covid and more to do with the shoddy management.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

No loss to society.

To some of your surprise, I am neither in government or on NPHET, but I reckon the homeware thing is to stop a royal rumble in and around Ikea on Monday. It's not just a store, but a day out for many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

JoeA3 wrote: »
    By whom? Our dithering government can't even make their minds up on the subject.

Any other questions?!

'Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said people should use face coverings when using busy public transport or in an enclosed indoor public area, such as retail, from Monday, as part of Phase One of the easing of Covid-19 restrictions.'

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0514/1138513-coronavirus-restrictions/

Back to the original question, do you ever wonder why they might recommend them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Unfortunately, there are many more just about to go. Unfortunately, the media is not holding the Govt. to account. Hopefully, there will be a storm against this ov er the weekend which will make them think - they were very smug today.

Unfortunately, there are many more just about to go. Unfortunately, the media is not holding the Govt. to account. Hopefully, there will be a storm against this ov er the weekend which will make them think - they were very smug today.

Very smug. Leo was talking as if he was ALLOWING people to get on with their lives. And almost felt like we should be thanking him.

Long gone are the Roman times when elected officials served the public and not the other way around. Leo should really get checked out, the whole Tony & Medical advice is getting to his head.

• Advertisement

Not recommended in Denmark. I trust Danes more than Leo & Co who cant even type out their 5 phase plan correctly.

"Henning Bundgaard, Professor in Cardiology at Copenhagen University, who is conducting a trial on the efficacy of face masks, told The Local that he believed Denmark was right to exercise caution.

"No one has any documentation that face masks outside hospitals work at all," he said. "And I think it is rational to provide this documentation before we demand that people need to wear masks out in the open." "

Sure but if we're picking out individual countries Slovenia made them freely available to all in April -

https://www.themayor.eu/en/slovenian-municipalities-guarantee-free-protective-masks-for-locals

Today it called an official end to its Coronavirus epidemic

https://www.euractiv.com/section/coronavirus/news/slovenia-calls-an-official-end-to-its-coronavirus-epidemic/

was gonna go bust anyways.

It actually was :pac:

From Monday, a small number of shops and retail outlets can re-open but not homeware stores and a group of four people can meet outdoors, maintaining social distancing.

Up to four people who do not live in the same household will be allowed to meet up outdoors, as long as they maintain a two-metre distance.

Dr Holohan confirmed that such a meeting could take place in a garden.

But he warned against people having barbecues "and then someone needs to go into the house to use the toilet and this is definitely not in the public health advice guidelines".

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0515/1138712-covid-update-ireland/

If anyone thinks we are now living in a nanny state, then they should have no doubts about this now. We are not even trusted to go to the toilet.

pjohnson wrote: »
    It actually was :pac:

My friend, have any jobs been lost due to covid in this country?

Paschal donohue must be talking nonsense when he predicts extra 300,000 unemployed. All of their jobs were gonna go anyways too?

'Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said people should use face coverings when using busy public transport or in an enclosed indoor public area, such as retail, from Monday, as part of Phase One of the easing of Covid-19 restrictions.'

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0514/1138513-coronavirus-restrictions/

Back to the original question, do you ever wonder why they might recommend them ?

No. What Leo Varadkar has to say on the subject holds little weight. Have you a quote from the WHO on their recommendations?

As far as I am concerned, they are appropriate for medical professionals, to be used by people who are actually trained to use them properly in a clean / sterile environment. Am I going to be faffing around with one going into a supermarket, and then pawing it with my hands taking it on/off or having it hanging around my neck, like I've seen multiple space cadets doing the last few weeks? No way. I also happen to live outside the pale, so I won't be on a Luas / Dart any time soon.

Zooming in on Leo's speech when talking about phase 2 "nothing is guaranteed, and only thing guaranteed is the inevitable spread of the virus if we dont push it back everyday"

What is he talking about? There are house parties going on outside of my place right now, fkers started early. Leo its time to wake up and smell the coffee.

My friend, have any jobs been lost due to covid in this country?

Paschal donohue must be talking nonsense when he predicts extra 300,000 unemployed. All of their jobs were gonna go anyways too?

My friend do you think there werent many companies already in deep shíte regardless of Covid?

If anything Covid should boost an online clickbait based company :pac:

The notion that all business was booming pre-Covid is bizarre.

pjohnson wrote: »
    My friend do you think there werent many companies already in deep shíte regardless of Covid?

If anything Covid should boost an online clickbait based company :pac:

I dont think they were frankly. Our GDP has been growing 6 - 10% per year for the last 5 years. Do you think that was happening cus we had barely alive businesses surviving?

So, any jobs lost to covid or just high rent? You have to respond like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Good to see horse racing getting a bit of priority. In these dark times you need to see some focus on the important parts of society and in Ireland it seems horse racing is one of them.
    Other businesses around the nation fighting for their lives and many about to close but yeah horse racing is a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭celt262

No. What Leo Varadkar has to say on the subject holds little weight. Have you a quote from the WHO on their recommendations?

As far as I am concerned, they are appropriate for medical professionals, to be used by people who are actually trained to use them properly in a clean / sterile environment. Am I going to be faffing around with one going into a supermarket, and then pawing it with my hands taking it on/off or having it hanging around my neck, like I've seen multiple space cadets doing the last few weeks? No way. I also happen to live outside the pale, so I won't be on a Luas / Dart any time soon.

I have seen two people this weeks with face masks pulled down below there nose.

• Advertisement

Faffing about ? Its incredibly straight forward to put on and remove a mask. Simply wash your hands before putting it and before removing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Asked about Denmark now, how they've not had an increase in cases.

Tony said he'll look at those EU countries to get a better understanding.. ??

Faffing about ? Its incredibly straight forward to put on and remove a mask. Simply wash your hands before putting it and before removing it.

Good for you...

It'll be extremely easy for me anyway.

Colibri wrote: »
    Asked about Denmark now, how they've not had an increase in cases.

Tony said he'll look at those EU countries to get a better understanding.. ??

There is a reason he doesnt want to look at other EU countries, especially ones who opened schools on 14th of April, and barbers on 21 April.

"GOOD NEWS FROM DENMARK

It's the first day since March 22 that no one died from COVID-19 in Denmark, according to data from the public health authority.

The Scandinavian country has registered 537 coronavirus-related deaths. Some 137 coronavirus patients are still in hospital."

I dont think they were frankly. Our GDP has been growing 6 - 10% per year for the last 5 years. Do you think that was happening cus we had barely alive businesses surviving?

So, any jobs lost to covid or just high rent? You have to respond like.
    Wait is this you upset about Bewleys?

Very smug. Leo was talking as if he was ALLOWING people to get on with their lives. And almost felt like we should be thanking him.

Long gone are the Roman times when elected officials served the public and not the other way around. Leo should really get checked out, the whole Tony & Medical advice is getting to his head.

Long gone are the Celtic days when our kings would be ritually murdered and buried in a bog as punishment for misrule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqgC5B7kU7M

Look at 38:45. + 40:25

Leo is laughing, he is laughing when asked about homeware shops.

If any proof was needed to see its a big joke, that is it.

Infuriating. Absolute shambles of a "leader"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

uli84 wrote: »
    I’m totally with you, I have long term illness and would take a risk to go back to normal life as I’m aware that not many more years could be ahead of me...

You get it. :) What’s the point of a longer life if it’s a half life?

Lundstram wrote: »
    No loss to society.

As much as I despise joe.ie there’s dozens of jobs being lost here so I wouldn’t exactly rejoice.

• Advertisement

Given that this makes so little sense - What do they know that they are not telling us?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement