Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

Mass graves?

No1 has said this before in this thread, congrats. Any links to US or UK "mass graves"?

The USA of course, or is that just fake news as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

The USA of course, or is that just fake news as well

Er source please? Which State was this in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Mass graves?

No1 has said this before in this thread, congrats. Any links to US or UK "mass graves"?

Its nonsense, or being generous, a half truth. Its the island in New York where they always bury unclaimed bodies. The unfortunate people being buried there died from all causes, not just covid 19, and its not a new thing.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/10/831875297/burials-on-new-york-island-are-not-new-but-are-increasing-during-pandemic
    The drone footage and photos circulating on social media show what appears to be the unthinkable: Mass graves on a New York City island as the city struggles in the throes of a pandemic.

But city officials say the shocking images only tell a partial story: Hart Island — located just off the coast of the Bronx — has been used for more than 150 years as a place to bury the city's unidentified or unclaimed dead, or those whose families can't pay for a burial.

In a series of tweets and later at a press conference, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio acknowledged that the number of burials on the island has increased, but said the only people being buried there are those who have not been claimed by a family member or loved one.

"It's a sad topic. Imagine anyone who passes away and there's no one there to claim the body. This has been the truth for generations," de Blasio said.

The mayor stressed that even the most recent burials on the island are not necessarily always related to the pandemic

"These are people who no one after a period of time has claimed them, and not just COVID victims, but victims of all diseases, all reasons for fatality," de Blasio said. "So because there's just been unfortunately more people passing away, including those who are not claimed by any family, that's what's been happening at Hart Island. But that's the only thing that's been happening at Hart Island."

growleaves wrote: »
    Er source please? Which State was this in?

New York, several publications, in the Washington Post, BBC. New York Times, Al jazeara

It brought a city of 12 million to its knees and we have people on here talking about going back to normal

Without even having the gumption to look into any facts before acting,

• Advertisement

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Its nonsense, or being generous, a half truth. Its the island in New York where they always bury unclaimed bodies. The unfortunate people being buried there died from all causes, not just covid 19, and its not a new thing.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/10/831875297/burials-on-new-york-island-are-not-new-but-are-increasing-during-pandemic

It's all nonsense of course it is...... Now let's just pretend it never happened and carry on as normal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Nermal

Ah yes, the well known US states of Brazil, Ecuador, South Africa and Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

we have people on here talking about going back to normal

You have a serious propensity for making unsubstantiated, exaggerated claims and it’s extremely disingenuous to misrepresent other people’s opinions like that.
    Fake news of the highest order.
    You must be reading a different thread to all the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

fryup wrote: »
    my gut feeling about all this - is that a month to six weeks down the line we'll be back to square one again and back indoors, lockdown part deux

Gut feeling or hoping for another lock down? The allure of lock down for some must be masking some issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

New York, several publications, in the Washington Post, BBC. New York Times, Al jazeara

It brought a city of 12 million to its knees and we have people on here talking about going back to normal

We're doing better than them :confused:

• Advertisement

It's all nonsense of course it is...... Now let's just pretend it never happened and carry on as normal.....

Did you read the article I posted from highly respected news outlet NPR explaining how the "mass coronavirus graves" thing wasn't exactly true and is something that has always happened? Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

This thread reached a new low. "Mass graves" in NYC. where the mayor of NYC says in the interview that majority of burials havent been caused by the pandemic.

Talk about trying desperately to stay relevant...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

You’re living up to your name anyway. It’s like Groundhog Day reading you post about the same unsubstantiated waffle post after post

SusieBlue wrote: »
    You have a serious propensity for making unsubstantiated, exaggerated claims and it’s extremely disingenuous to misrepresent other people’s opinions like that.
    Fake news of the highest order.
    You must be reading a different thread to all the rest of us.

A minute ago you said you knew people that would rather die of covid-19 than stay at home

Before that you said that people wit underlying conditions should stay at home and let the rest of us carry on as normal

You are the one contradicting your self I am only answering your posts

You’re living up to your name anyway. It’s like Groundhog Day reading you post about the same unsubstantiated waffle post after post

No groundhog day is listening to an absolute bunch of fanny from idiots that have no idea of what they are talking about since the lockdown started

People whingeing and crying over nothing get on with it, it's a hell of alot better then the alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Did anyone see George Lee on the rte news today? talking to the public like he is the school teacher and we are the thick kids.

warning us that the government may being in new restrictions if the virus spreads again. like can we not even get to the first pathetic easing of restrictions without that being said. talk about a regressive Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Still waiting on a figure for how many people the lockdown has killed.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Did anyone see George Lee on the rte news today? talking to the public like he is the school teacher and we are the thick kids.

warning us that the government may being in new restrictions if the virus spreads again. like can we not even get to the first pathetic easing of restrictions without that being said. talk about a regressive Country.

Didn't he say we need to be cautious because if we lift lockdown and get new cases, we'd have to lockdown again which would be worse for the economy??

Spoken like a teacher indeed, or a parent trying to warn a child.

Now now, if you don't eat your dinner you won't get dessert and it'll be your fault

This thread reached a new low. "Mass graves" in NYC. where the mayor of NYC says in the interview that majority of burials havent been caused by the pandemic.

Talk about trying desperately to stay relevant...

You are the desperate one my friend, you haven't shut up about this lock down in god knows how long

Which one are you again,A. the new world order loony

Or B. the person that voted for change but didn't get it

Let me guess A??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HSE hosptial report for tonight:

As of 8pm there were 56 confirmed covid cases in ICU.

Likewise as of 8pm 390 confirmed covid cases in acute hospitals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

A minute ago you said you knew people that would rather die of covid-19 than stay at home

Before that you said that people wit underlying conditions should stay at home and let the rest of us carry on as normal

You are the one contradicting your self I am only answering your posts

I didn’t say that, I said I know people who are more fearful of the loneliness and isolation than they are of the virus and are looking forward to restrictions being eased.
    That’s exactly what I said.
    I mentioned nothing about dying alone gasping for air or the other nonsense you managed to pluck from your imagination and shoehorn into what I said.

I did say the elderly and those with underlying conditions should be allowed to cocoon if they wish, and let everyone else get back to work.

That’s quite a reasonable position to take and if you did your research, you would know that the government will be recommending those groups to cocoon indefinitely, even after all the restrictions are lifted.

That certainly doesn’t mean I contradicted myself but it does show up your habit of inventing your own narrative to suit your own viewpoint.

Still waiting for proof that the Irish work force is largely made up of people with severe illnesses such as cystic fibrosis & kidney issues etc, these were specific examples you gave so I’m sure you can back them up.

MadYaker wrote: »

Don't worry, we'll be finding that out for years to come due to mass unemployment, poverty and wrecked economies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Colibri wrote: »
    Didn't he say we need to be cautious because if we lift lockdown and get new cases, we'd have to lockdown again which would be worse for the economy??

Spoken like a teacher indeed, or a parent trying to warn a child.

Now now, if you don't eat your dinner you won't get dessert and it'll be your fault

The way I heard it was he was threatening us with harsher restrictions if we aren't good boys and girls.

You are the desperate one my friend, you haven't shut up about this lock down in god knows how long

Let me guess A??

Desperately. Trying. To. Stay. Relevant.

You need to create " mass graves" posts elsewhere if you are seeking attention so badly.

Let me guess A??

This is the lockdown thread dude

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

fryup wrote: »
    my gut feeling about all this - is that a month to six weeks down the line we'll be back to square one again and back indoors, lockdown part deux
    Why? In six weeks we will have entered only the beginning of the second stage of this very prolonged "unlocking" by which time the rate of transmission of the virus ought to be at zero. The predicted second wave is likely to occur at a much later stage.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Why? In six weeks we will have entered only the beginning of the second stage of this very prolonged "unlocking" by which time the rate of transmission of the virus ought to be at zero. The predicted second wave is likely to occur at a much later stage.

Tony won't be satisfied until people start resurrecting. Even then he'll advise caution because the numbers are not where he'd like :pac:

Colibri wrote: »
    This is the lockdown thread dude

Cant stop laughing. Poor William thought hes in homeware thread, lashing out at anyone who says lockdown.

MadYaker wrote: »

I’m fairly sure you already nobody can provide such a figure.

Many will die as a result of cancer treatments and screenings being cancelled. Others may die to other treatments getting cancelled.

But most will die due to the recession. Suicides, death from stress related illnesses, death from addiction, death from homelessness.

All of those things majority increase in a recession. And our recession gets worse every day we stay in lockdown.

The number will be much greater than Covid. But it won’t be highly reported on in the mainstream media so no one will feel responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

SNNUS wrote: »
    Gut feeling or hoping for another lock down? The allure of lock down for some must be masking some issues...

'ThEyRe JeAlOuS oF oUr FrEeDoMs!!111"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement