Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Horse racing is due to go ahead on 8th June. Is horse racing as essential as homeware? I wouldn’t have thought so.

Will the trainers, owners, jockies and officials have to live within 20km of the race course? Or is it deemed essential work?

I’m not allowed to see my family until 20th July, but horse racing can go ahead?

Baffling decisions by this government!

Not allowed ? Just go. Go see them. I'm doing it. The lockdown is too restrictive. Yeah yeah I'm killing all the grannies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

For me the most worrying part is that there are nobody in this country to ask questions. There is no opposition and there is no free press. I see very bleak future for the country.

Would ya go away and ****e, no free press. We live in the very essence of an open and free democracy. Pack your bags and go off to China, the Middle East or North Korea if you want an idea as to what living without a free press is actually like.

if things don't improve here soon I'm going to the UK to stay with either my sister or my daughter, no restrictions on where you can go there, no bloody 5km!! And at least I would finally see some family. I also have family in Donegal and Westmeath but there is more chance of seeing people in the UK than here!!

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. The country would be in a far better place without me feiners like yourself whinging.

As said before, weak minded.

Heckler wrote: »
    Not allowed ? Just go. Go see them. I'm doing it. The lockdown is too restrictive. Yeah yeah I'm killing all the grannies.

Yeah yeah.....you’re an absolute selfish c@nt

Charlie wrote: »
    Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. The country would be in a far better without me feiners like yourself whinging.

As said before, weak minded.

the weak minded are those sitting at home for months, too scared to peek outside the door, counting down the minutes till the 9 o clock News, sweat running down their faces, wringing their hands in fear.

Braver people get up an get out and try to save their businesses, you're the weak one Charlie! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Charlie,

What would you like to see happen? What are your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Snugglebunnies

rob316 wrote: »
    A few TDs called for it but Tony but them down. We home school best we can, but its hopeless we can't provide what the school does. I'm up at night rattled wondering how we will manage the next 4 months from now. Summers are generally tough but you can go to Spain for a couple weeks and a few weekends away but your confined to your town now with nothing open.

That's awful. My sister is an SNA in a special needs playschool and she's seriously worried about the kids she works with. She video calls each family every week and it's clear that the children and their whole familes are struggling with the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

if things don't improve here soon I'm going to the UK to stay with either my sister or my daughter, no restrictions on where you can go there, no bloody 5km!! And at least I would finally see some family. I also have family in Donegal and Westmeath but there is more chance of seeing people in the UK than here!!

So you are going to a country with no testing outside the hospitals and no idea on how bad it is?

Sounds smart. Ireland will have more freedom than the uk as we are managing things

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auris00

I know most people really don't care about homewares, but there are some of us who had the luck to move to a new place around this time and are living without furniture bought months ago (because most stores are closed and not even delivering), ordering random stuff from amazon and waiting weeks for it.

Sure we won't die without having chairs or curtains, aluminium foil works fine for windows, but it would have been nice to get some stuff you want to see in person first or don't want to wait a month to get it delivered.

Am I selfish for wanting that, maybe.. but my mental health was much worse at the start of this while I was focusing on all the worlds problems and reading news constantly. Now I just try to focus on myself and my closest.

growleaves wrote: »
    Charlie,

What would you like to see happen? What are your thoughts?

Would like to see people stop being weak minded selfish pr1cks.

A difficult task admittedly wading through the ****e posted in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

So you are going to a country with no testing outside the hospitals and no idea on how bad it is?

Sounds smart. Ireland will have more freedom than the uk as we are managing things

Article published earlier below. 24 new cases in London, population :8,900,000.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/14/london-has-just-24-new-coronavirus-cases-day/

He is safe to go to UK lets just say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Adios

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Thank you for your road map to mentally strengthened selflessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm starting to think that Leo is getting a bit too fond of being "the man" recently. He seems to have forgotten that he's leading an outgoing Government whose main achievements are having made fundamental issues worse in the midst of a recovery , and rehabilitated the opposition in the process.

More worrying is the almost complete silence from those other parties who seem quite happy to let him continue on as long as he wants - not exactly inspiring for the next Government (whatever the final shape) and how policy decisions will be made. They seem quite happy to sit back now and point fingers later, but no prizes for guessing who'll really pay for it of course.

The other, far more nasty element is how this has exposed the true colours of many people.
    Curtain twitching and begrudgery has always been a national sport, but neighbours watching and reporting on the behaviour of others, and attacking people online for not following the recommendations without question (side point on how worrying it is that many seem to have lost or are unwilling to analyse the situation for themselves), and I think we're going to be left with a very ugly aftermath in many communities - in much the same way as such people bothered themselves about what their neighbours had in the Good Times, to what they were getting/getting away with in the Bad.

We are going to have a lot of problems long after the medical aspects have been addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Wow. one has to wonder what you would think of Leo on 1st of May announcing unjustified lockdown extension and a turtle re opening plan and then avoiding any journalists questions and heading to Late late.

Selfish? People here want to save their neighbours jobs. Selfish couldnt be further away from the truth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Yeah yeah.....you’re an absolute selfish c@nt

Jesus Charlie, is the wife after leaving you for an anti restrictions fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Horse racing is due to go ahead on 8th June. Is horse racing as essential as homeware? I wouldn’t have thought so.

Will the trainers, owners, jockies and officials have to live within 20km of the race course? Or is it deemed essential work?

I’m not allowed to see my family until 20th July, but horse racing can go ahead?

Baffling decisions by this government!

Corruption it is called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

So eloquent, so we'll thought out, have you considered a career in public speaking Charlie? They're crying out for people who swear like hairy arse Dockers after 8 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 avilaloca97

Does anybody know whats the story with learner permits, was due to sit my test in april obviously was cancelled, will learner permits be granted an extension on their license?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Not being hostile. Just calling you out on things :)

Such as, a quote from the article:

"The Minister for Children and Youth Affairs, Katherine Zappone, said the scheme had been scrapped as only six childcare providers had signed up to be part of the service."

And then lists "concern for virus transmission" which, in my opinion, is the biggest reason among the list . Hence my first post. Which is the same post you quoted me.

All this thanking the HSE / frontline (good job, clap clap clap) dare I say is the quite opposite than reality.

Disagree if you want.
    There was a list of concerns raised, insurance, safety, working hours regulations, virus transmission. Considering the impact insurance has already had on the childcare sector I'd suggest that was a major factor. The scheme doesn't appear to have factored in the responsibilities and requirements identified in the government's own "Return to Work Safely Protocol" .

While the idea was good, it wasn't sufficiently developed into a workable scheme.

In the Beginning was the plan.
    And then came the assumptions.
    And the assumptions were without form.
    And the plan was completely without substance.
    And the darkness was upon the face of the workers.
    And they spoke among themselves saying:
    “It is a crock of ****, and it stinketh.”

And the workers went unto their supervisors, and sayeth:
    “It is a pail of dung, and none can abide the odor thereof.”

And the supervisors went unto their managers and sayeth unto them,
    “It is a container of excrement, and it is very strong, such that none can abide it.”

And the managers went unto the directors and sayeth,
    “It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none can abide its strength.”

And the directors spoke amongst themselves, saying one to another:
    “It contains that which aids plant growth, and is very strong.”

And the directors went unto the vice presidents and sayeth to them,
    “It promotes growth, and is very powerful.”

And the vice presidents went unto the president, and sayeth unto him,
    “This new plan will actively promote growth and efficiency of this company, and certain areas in particular.”

And the president looked upon the plan, and saw that it was good.
    And the plan became policy.
    And this is how **** happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Article published earlier below. 24 new cases in London, population :8,900,000.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/14/london-has-just-24-new-coronavirus-cases-day/

He is safe to go to UK lets just say.

UK only testing people admitted to hospitals. They have no idea on the real numbers.

UK have also decided more important to test the footballers than front line staff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Does anybody know whats the story with learner permits, was due to sit my test in april obviously was cancelled, will learner permits be granted an extension on their license?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/motoring/coronavirus-ireland-driving-test-license-22015687.amp

It should be extended by four months afaik

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    So eloquent, so we'll thought out, have you considered a career in public speaking Charlie? They're crying out for people who swear like hairy arse Dockers after 8 pints.

What's your problem with hairy arsed Dockers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This is turning into a lockdowners v non-lockdowners Battle. There seems no room for the middle ground.
    Lockdown was essential to protect people and the frontline. My issue is the approach to unwinding. It’s too cautious, we have to balance saving the economy now the infection rates are way down. Leo’s talk of extinguishing every ember sounds good but we’ll have to live with the threat of spikes until the entire planet has it under control or a vaccine is available.

Have to agree. Answer is in the middle with a balance but seems to be many clowns around that are extreme to either side.

It's just becoming an annoying shouting match with the same ****e and insults repeated over and back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

another hidden cost of the extreme longterm lockdown approach

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52676981

But, all people seam to care about today is Covid-19 and continuation of lockdowns, and forget the hidden non Covid casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Yes sadly this thread could have been good but what was I thinking? It just looks like any other thread were religious believes are being thrown at each other. There is about one post in a hundred that is actually trying to make a measured and thought out and somewhat backed up case for something. The rest may as well be Liverpool vs United or something like that.

Its infantile and if anything it makes a case for the general populace not being mature enough and actually needing to be nannied.

Is there any equivalent of boards where there are people actually capable or even willing of a somewhat intelligent and informed discussion?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭prunudo

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0516/1138761-coronavirus-children-warning/

Nobody puts Tony in a corner
    He ain’t going away you know

Its no wonder people are suffering from anxiety when the media keep printing every possible side effect of covid as a given when dr.doom comes out with something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

The only weak minded ones in this country are the ones consumed by fear and hyperbole.

Italians will be allowed to move freely around thier country two whole months before we will. Can you not see how outrageously out of touch our approach is?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I'd rather our CMO tell it as it really is

Unlike in other jurisdictions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,679 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

prunudo wrote: »
    Its no wonder people are suffering from anxiety when the media keep printing every possible side effect of covid as a given when dr.doom comes out with something.

It seams that Dr. Tony is now the real leader of the country - initally thought he like the Government did a good job, but the tunnell vision of just lockdown lockdown and not really entertaining any other posibble alternatives to living with the virus , and really confronting other medical, social and economic issues, just continued nanny statism has left me indifferent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement