Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Did you not read the rest of the post? He wants things packed again, doesn't give a crap about social distancing and thinks this is all one big joke. At least that troll post about Lidl has unmasked his postings. He has been one of the main people in this thread crying and winging about the lockdown when the reality is that the likes of him are one of the main reasons we are in lockdown and are having to be so cautious about reopening.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/thousands-queue-at-food-banks-in-madrid-as-the-coronavirus-crisis-takes-an-economic-toll-1.4255418

This is what happens when you deprive thousands of basic wage earners their income. This is not ireland where we throw 350 euro a week out at everyone. These are people who will starve if they can not feed their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I genuinely can’t understand why you are showing so much hostility and & passive aggression towards people simply for disagreeing with you.

You don’t get to talk down people just because you claim to be a doctor, your opinion here counts just as much as anyone else’s & doesn’t give you the right to belittle anyone or to bully them into submission just because you believe yourself to be right.
    We’re allowed to disagree, we’re allowed to think differently to you, and being able to critically assess an academic paper is completely irrelevant on a forum aimed at the general population like this one. It doesn’t make you superior in any way.
    This isn’t an academic discussion for doctors only.

I would have doubts about the "doctor" claim. Poster did mention that early cancer screening doesnt make any difference.

I dont know what kind of doctor would ever say such a thing.

I wont go into the "spike in cases" reported today by our doctor. That was just eye brow raising.

I genuinely can’t understand why you are showing so much hostility and & passive aggression towards people simply for disagreeing with you.

You don’t get to talk down people just because you claim to be a doctor, your opinion here counts just as much as anyone else’s & doesn’t give you the right to belittle anyone or to bully them into submission just because you believe yourself to be right.
    We’re allowed to disagree, we’re allowed to think differently to you, and being able to critically assess an academic paper is completely irrelevant on a forum aimed at the general population like this one.
    This isn’t an academic discussion for doctors only.

I'm not a doctor. I'm a pharmacist. I've never claimed to be a doctor. You are totally allowed to disagree but some debate that actually deals in facts would be useful.

I will call people out if they are spreading falsehoods/lying.

snowcat wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/thousands-queue-at-food-banks-in-madrid-as-the-coronavirus-crisis-takes-an-economic-toll-1.4255418

This is what happens when you deprive thousands of basic wage earners their income. This is not ireland where we throw 350 euro a week out at everyone. These are people who will starve if they can not feed their families.

Jesus, you are back with a bang. That is truly a devastating scene to see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I'm not a doctor. I'm a pharmacist. I've never claimed to be a doctor. You are totally allowed to disagree but some debate that actually deals in facts would be useful.

I will call people out if they are spreading falsehoods/lying.

And you can do that without being condescending..

• Advertisement

I would have doubts about the "doctor" claim. Poster did mention that early cancer screening doesnt make any difference.

I wont go into the "spike in cases" reported today by our doctor. That was just eye brow raising.

I can only say what I seen in my hospital. Glad to see that anybody who shows a bit of intelligence in this thread is considered to be a doctor. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

growleaves wrote: »

Plenty of pubs doing it so not sure what exactly is illegal. Picked up dinner in my local pub last night and got a few pints takeaway with it.

Happy to pay a little more to support local businesses.

I can only say what I seen in my hospital. Glad to see that anybody who shows a bit of intelligence in this thread is considered to be a doctor. :)

We are either under reporting cases (again) or what you've seen is bunch of people with flu who you thought had covid or showed covid symptoms.

We are either under reporting cases (again) or what you've seen is bunch of people with flu who you thought had covid or showed covid symptoms.
    SARS-CoV-2 +, mate.

Jesus, you are back with a bang. That is truly a devastating scene to see :(

Yes i Have ties and friends there from living there. They have had none of the supports that we had here. For the south of Spain this is catastrophic on a scale that has never been seen as their lives are dependent on tourism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Breast Check has not been successful.
    The major issue being that many women have had unnecessary treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Saw two large groups of teenagers out on my walk. One group was very large, at least 20, they were Spanish. I thought most foreign students would have returned home. Looked like they were making a point of not social distancing, many sitting on each other's laps etc.

The other group was just 4-5 people, though they were sitting extremely close together, like a few inches between each of them

Garda was in the park and didn't say anything to either group. And I dont really care at this point, I think we need to just get on with normal life, but there is absolutely going to be a very widespread second wave, if you think the country is is going to maintain even a moderate amount of social distancing throughout the summer youre away with the fairies

Nope, most of the language students have part time jobs here.

snowcat wrote: »
    Yes i Have ties and friends there from living there. They have had none of the supports that we had here. For the south of Spain this is catastrophic on a scale that has never been seen as their lives are dependent on tourism.

Devastating. I'd be very surprised if they continue their emergency state for another month and impose 14 day quarantine on all arrivals (who ll go in that case? for tourism).

weather is picking up too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

So your a pharmacist that works in a hospital,who heard hearsay from other people working in the hospital that there was a 300% increase of admittance of covid-19 patients Last night.
    Like any workplace Chinese whispers sounds like you ended up hearing about the elephant at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

SARS-CoV-2 +, mate.

This kind of patronising crap is doing you no favours, get over yourself.

Mr rebel wrote: »
    bb1234567 wrote: »
    Saw two large groups of teenagers out on my walk. One group was very large, at least 20, they were Spanish. I thought most foreign students would have returned home. Looked like they were making a point of not social distancing, many sitting on each other's laps etc.

The other group was just 4-5 people, though they were sitting extremely close together, like a few inches between each of them

Garda was in the park and didn't say anything to either group. And I dont really care at this point, I think we need to just get on with normal life, but there is absolutely going to be a very widespread second wave, if you think the country is is going to maintain even a moderate amount of social distancing throughout the summer youre away with the fairies

You are perfectly entitled to go out with your household for exercise etc. It is not beyond the bounds of possibility that 20 spaniards could be sharing a house together

ZX7R wrote: »
    So your a pharmacist that works in a hospital,who heard hearsay from other people working in the hospital that there was a 300% increase of admittance of covid-19 patients Last night.
    Like any workplace Chinese whispers sounds like you ended up hearing about the elephant at the end

Hmmm. Nice misconstruing of my messages. The hospital I work in had 300% increase in SARS-CoV-2 + cases.
    Why would I hear it from anybody else, I was in work at the weekend. It was discussed at bronze command.

My hospital doesn't have transplant facilities (bone marrow excluded) but there isn't any Chinese whispers as in my relstion to my hospital, I seen the data about SARS-CoV-2 + and the person looking after the transplant patient, I spoke directly to. It came up as aside to clinical query I was contacted about.

Hope that's clears up your confusion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Plenty of pubs doing it so not sure what exactly is illegal. Picked up dinner in my local pub last night and got a few pints takeaway with it.

Happy to pay a little more to support local businesses.

By few pints do you mean a few cans, genuine question.

This kind of patronising crap is doing you no favours, get over yourself.

That's the name of the virus. How is that in anyway patronising?

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Hmmm. Nice misconstruing of my messages. The hospital I work in had 300% increase in SARS-CoV-2 + cases.
    Why would I hear it from anybody else, I was in work at the weekend. It was discussed at bronze command.

My hospital doesn't have transplant facilities (bone marrow excluded) but there isn't any Chinese whispers as in my relstion to my hospital, I seen the data about SARS-CoV-2 + and the person looking after the transplant patient, I spoke directly to. It came up as aside to clinical query I was contacted about.

Hope that's clears up your confusion. :)

We have no country in the world showing exponential increase in their cases irrespective of their lockdown policies or relaxation dates. The whole population of Belarus or Sweden should be eradicated soon by pro lockdown covid modellers.

• Advertisement

This is truly disappointing

"A Co Donegal bar has been forced to close its takeaway service after it was visited by gardaí at the weekend.

In recent weeks O’Flaherty’s Bar in Buncrana had been delivering pints of Guinness by car and even by bicycle on some occasions.

“We were swarmed by one undercover Garda, two patrol cars, one sergeant and one uniformed garda.”

“We can confirm that an operation was put in place as a result of public complaints. Alcohol was seized and a file on the matter will be sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions,” he said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/garda%C3%AD-stop-pub-s-pint-delivery-service-over-weekend-1.4255675

Poor businesses trying to survive, 10th of Aug cant come soon enough
    growleaves wrote: »

Gardai in Donegal possibly taking the piss?

I don't believe you, not one bit. /s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

SARS-CoV-2 +, mate.

The poster was referring to the disease, not the virus, so no correction needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

That's the name of the virus. How is that in anyway patronising?

Well firstly, 99.9% of people both here, elsewhere online, in the media and on the news are referring to it as covid-19/coronavirus, so there isn’t really a need for you to establish your dominance by correcting someone for not calling it the full clinical name.

And referring to someone who clearly isn’t your mate as ‘mate’ is self explanatory. It isn’t isn’t the first time you’ve done it on this thread either, ‘old chum’, etc.
    It’s beyond patronising and condescending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

road_high wrote: »
    Can see a pattern with this angry little poster alright...I was in their heads apparently "jealous" of them a few days when I took them to task for bragging about all the extra overtime they were creaming off the taxpayers out of this shambles.
    Sussed they were a Pharmacist alright, in the ex TD Kate O'Connell tradition some tend to be self-appointed authorities on all things medical, despite not being Medical Doctors.

I refuse to believe that anyone with such a poor grasp of English as that poster could become a pharmacist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Hmmm. Were they still claiming the 350 euro a week whilst serving beer? Seems a bit.... fraudulent.

How do you know they were claiming anything? Bit unfair to accuse them of fraud. Next you'll start frothing at the mouth if they took your precious masks like you did Friday.

road_high wrote: »
    Can see a pattern with this angry little poster alright...I was in their heads apparently "jealous" of them a few days when I took them to task for bragging about all the extra overtime they were creaming off the taxpayers out of this shambles.
    Sussed they were a Pharmacist alright, in the ex TD Kate O'Connell tradition some tend to be self-appointed authorities on all things medical, despite not being Medical Doctors.

I'm in no way angry, a bit frustrated maybe. So only doctors can have opinions on medication/treatment. Sure, why do we have pharmacists at all?

Curious why you think the HSE would consider hiring pharmacists in that case? We would be an awful expensive waste of money.

Well firstly, 99.9% of people both here, elsewhere online, in the media and on the news are referring to it as covid-19/coronavirus, so there isn’t really a need for you to establish your dominance by correcting someone for not calling it the full clinical name.

And referring to someone who clearly isn’t your mate as ‘mate’ is self explanatory. It isn’t isn’t the first time you’ve done it on this thread either, ‘old chum’, etc.
    It’s beyond patronising and condescending.

You don't test positive for COVID-19, that's a disease. You test positive for the virus, SARS-CoV-2. It's in no way belittling to refer to it correctly. Awwh, I feel that poster and I have a bit of camaraderie at this stage. I'll refrain from anything that could be construed as endearing going forward.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,989 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Right - warning to everyone - if you cannot be civil don't post. If any of you continue being uncivil you can expect to lose posting privileges

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

niallo27 wrote: »
    By few pints do you mean a few cans, genuine question.

Nope, actual pints in proper pint glasses none of that plastic cup rubbish. Collect the food from the off licence door, they've full off licence available and then pints of Heineken or Guinness available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭robbiezero

You don't test positive for COVID-19, that's a disease. You test positive for the virus, SARS-CoV-2. It's in no way belittling to refer to it correctly. Awwh, I feel that poster and I have a bit of camaraderie at this stage. I'll refrain from anything that could be construed as endearing going forward.

What county is the 300% increase in today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement