Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

robbiezero wrote: »
    What county is the 300% increase in today?
    You do realise there's a delay in reporting all these figures due to the checks being undertaken? Indeed there are regularly dips in weekend figures due to delays in reporting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Nope, actual pints in proper pint glasses none of that plastic cup rubbish. Collect the food from the off licence door, they've full off licence available and then pints of Heineken or Guinness available.

Pints in plastic glasses just isn't the same

Great to support local businesses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

macnug wrote: »
    Like a normal summers Friday evening out there with kids playing etc. Getting very hard to convince the kids to stay in now. Cars out everywhere lockdown is faltering imo.

I agree, my wife is frontline and we've been adhering to the rules but it's starting to feel like the only ones who are doing it are the families of frontline staff. Really worried for our kids at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Beasty wrote: »
    You do realise there's a delay in reporting all these figures due to the checks being undertaken? Indeed there are regularly dips in weekend figures due to delays in reporting

Yep. Still interested to know. I am fully aware the figures may not be in todays report.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    I agree, my wife is frontline and we've been adhering to the rules but it's starting to feel like the only ones who are doing it are the families of frontline staff. Really worried for our kids at this stage.

Why, no kids have died ? Schools are opening in other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Plenty of pubs doing it so not sure what exactly is illegal.

Terms of the license would probably specify a premises that the sales must take place from. Paying via card from home and getting it delivered would likely contravene that.
    It could also be a stipulation of the license that the drink must be consumed on the premises, to prevent street drinking when the weather is nice.

So it probably is technically illegal, but also definitely something that you'd have thought a blind eye could be turned towards.

I'd guess that, for whatever reason, the pub in question was probably not on good terms with the gardai even before the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

You don't test positive for COVID-19, that's a disease. You test positive for the virus, SARS-CoV-2. It's in no way belittling to refer to it correctly. Awwh, I feel that poster and I have a bit of camaraderie at this stage. I'll refrain from anything that could be construed as endearing going forward.

You're having a bad day on here chum. Careful, you are reaching "hairdressers are killing people" levels buddy. Maybe give the aul internet a rest pal. You're seemingly wrecked after doing all those big calculations mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

There are suspicions that the 14 day quarantine "law" is easily reversed should you end up in court. Similar rulings have had already happened.

PS there is EU law as well that grants you, as an EU citizen, good few powers then you move around EU, I think EU law could supersede but i am not solicitor

"BERLIN — A court in one German state has suspended rules requiring people arriving in the country after a stay abroad to self-quarantine for 14 days.

The decision announced Monday night by the upper administrative court in Lower Saxony applies only to that northern region. Judges acted on a complaint by a man who owns a holiday house in southern Sweden.

The court found there were no grounds for a blanket requirement for all people arriving from all countries to go into quarantine.
    "

No such thing as a quarantine law in Ireland. There's no legislation to support quarantine and as a result all that the government can do is request a voluntary 14 day self isolation.

I've myself recently returned back home, and I have followed the self isolation recommendation. Formal 'enforcement' consisted of a follow up call 2 days after my arrival to ask if I was following the HSE self isolation recommendation. That was the exact wording from the Gardai officer that called - HSE recommendation. Not a law or rule.

It seems that 1/3 of passengers arriving in Dublin airport simply refused to provide any contact information, and there's nothing that the government can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Terms of the license would probably specify a premises that the sales must take place from. Paying via card from home and getting it delivered would likely contravene that.
    It could also be a stipulation of the license that the drink must be consumed on the premises, to prevent street drinking when the weather is nice.

So it probably is technically illegal, but also definitely something that you'd have thought a blind eye could be turned towards.

I'd guess that, for whatever reason, the pub in question was probably not on good terms with the gardai even before the pandemic.

Could well be the case. I know of 2 near me doing it. One for the last 2 weeks without issue anyway, one doing delivery and the other not doing delivery.

But like you say blind eye probably being turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Hmmm. Nice misconstruing of my messages. The hospital I work in had 300% increase in SARS-CoV-2 + cases.
    Why would I hear it from anybody else, I was in work at the weekend. It was discussed at bronze command.

My hospital doesn't have transplant facilities (bone marrow excluded) but there isn't any Chinese whispers as in my relstion to my hospital, I seen the data about SARS-CoV-2 + and the person looking after the transplant patient, I spoke directly to. It came up as aside to clinical query I was contacted about.

Hope that's clears up your confusion. :)
    It does not clear up the confusion.
    Of the 3 specialized units used for transplants located in 3 different hospitals
    None reported an increase to the percentage you are state according to any figures I can find official or none official

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ZX7R wrote: »
    It does not clear up the confusion.
    Of the 3 specialized units used for transplants located in 3 different hospitals
    None reported an increase to the percentage you are state according to any figures I can find official or none official
    Drop the point. I've already explained above why those figures are almost certainly not in the figures yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Strumms wrote: »
    Natural in some people but not acceptable, complacency and carelessness as well as selfishness are the things that can fûck this up... so let’s not run with the ‘natural’ attitude, no excuses, for anyone.

You come across as one of these people that lives in the fantasy that we will have zero cases before restrictions can be lifted but thats not the case. All the curtain twitching and loud tutting in the world won't change the fact that as per the plan, people are supposed to get this virus.

Selfish is expecting to continue an indefinite lockdown that the next several generations will pay for through debt slavery. As long as the vulnerable remain cucooned and the likes of nursing homes are protected then I'm glad to see people starting to get back to normal, the sooner and swifter the better imo.

The topic is "Relaxation of Restrictions" - now back on it

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Are posts disappearing or am I imagining things?

Some I'm submitting aren't even showing up now.

I imagine OT posts are being removed, fine, but there's someone in here strawmanning the f**k out of this thread and it's hard not to reply to such.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭prunudo

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Is the list of outdoor professions that can work from Tomorrow available anywhere?

The only thing I found on the government website was a false link purporting to lead to the list.

Yes, I'd like to know this too, can't find a proper link on gov.ie

Kinda hilarious it's so blatantly obvious, right chum?
    Threadbanned

And yes posts that are off topic, questioning mod instructions or ignoring such instructions are being deleted

Any questions PM me

I do think that wearing masks in public is essential to relaxing the restrictions. But that can't be done until we can guarantee a supply to health care professionals. Realistically, we need to have that sorted in next couple of weeks or phase 2 will be risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I do think that wearing masks in public is essential to relaxing the restrictions. But that can't be done until we can guarantee a supply to health care professionals. Realistically, we need to have that sorted in next couple of weeks or phase 2 will be risky.

How long have the HSE had to sort this out though? If people can buy their own masks either online or in pharmacies as per the mask thread, then why the heck haven't the hse been able to source enough at this stage? Thats not the fault of the general public and they shouldn't have to stay under restrictions for even longer just because the hse can't pull their finger out

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    How long have the HSE had to sort this out though? If people can buy their own masks either online or in pharmacies as per the mask thread, then why the heck haven't the hse been able to source enough at this stage? Thats not the fault of the general public and they shouldn't have to stay under restrictions for even longer just because the hse can't pull their finger out

Like I said, I know very little.of procurement outside medications but we are finding it difficult to source PPE. I don't care about myself really, it's the patients I'm.concerned for. Maybe it is the Hoses fault but people.bulk ordering PPE for a hair cut months in advance of opening makes it difficult to treat patients safely now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Like I said, I know very little.of procurement outside medications but we are finding it difficult to source PPE. I don't care about myself really, it's the patients I'm.concerned for. Maybe it is the Hoses fault but people.bulk ordering PPE for a hair cut months in advance of opening makes it difficult to treat patients safely now

As was explained the other night, hairdressers thought they would be allowed reopen after the 5th of May and planned accordingly.
    When they sourced these supplies over the last 6 weeks, they had no idea that the government was planning to prevent them from opening till the 20th of July.
    They were taking appointments and getting their salons ready to reopen this month.

They did what any sensible business owners would do and made provisions so that they could operate safely, as per government recommendations.
    They did absolutely nothing wrong by procuring these supplies and equipment. They were obviously blindsided by the governments decision to include them in phase 4 of the roadmap and that isn’t their fault either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Are you really that deluded?

You do realise that we were competing with nearly every other European country that also had PPE shortages as well as many other countries outside the EU.

The impact of some hairdressers ordering some PPE equipment would be minuscule in the grand scheme of things. They wouldn't even need more than 50 to 100 sets of PPE. That's a drop in the ocean compared to the millions of euro of worth PPE that was delivered here.

Do you really think some hairdressers ordering some PPE had a significant and noticable negative impact on the HSE's ability to acquire an adequate amount of PPE?

Do you have a source to show that people are bulk ordering PPE?

If you don’t know how sourcing works within your own organisation, I’m surprised you know so much about how hairdressers source or anyone else PPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Are you attacking business owners who were trying to be responsible citizens by ordering protective equipment to provide their service, their income, put food on their & their families table? There was no direction / law issued saying they could not source these supplies and order them. They had no idea when they could / could not reopen. Fair play to them for trying to prepare to reopen rather than than do nothing brigade on here that wants to keep us locked up indefinitely.
    Perhaps your organisation should show some entrepreneurial skills and do a better job sourcing PPE. Why are you not getting any from the frequent Aer Lingus flights to China? There should be more in supply considering hospitals are quieter, Covid wards in Cork are being closed and infection rates are dropping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Are you attacking business owners who were trying to be responsible citizens by ordering protective equipment to provide their service, their income, put food on their & their families table? There was no direction / law issued saying they could not source these supplies and order them. They had no idea when they could / could not reopen. Fair play to them for trying to prepare to reopen rather than than do nothing brigade on here that wants to keep us locked up indefinitely.
    Perhaps your organisation should show some entrepreneurial skills and do a better job sourcing PPE. Why are you not getting any from the frequent Aer Lingus flights to China? There should be more in supply considering hospitals are quieter, Covid wards in Cork are being closed and infection rates are dropping.

I'm a severe critic of the HSE, but I can assure you that there is no shortage of masks in our hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Might ne already said earlier but is there a time set aside for over 70s at woodies tomorrow. I'm planning to get there for 8 but won't if it is reserved for over 70s. Can't wait to get back to some normality tomorrow. Might even take a wee spin afterwards. Nice to be able to get out and about again

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GocRh

Most countries in Europe require face masks to be used in closed public spaces, and are re-opening their economies much faster than us, and they all seem to have managed to procure masks.

I work with colleagues based in Portugal. Masks can be found in every supermarket and pharmacy, cost 1 EUR or less, and have been available for weeks now.

If countries like Portugal, with a population twice the size of Ireland and a much lower GDP per capita managed to source masks, why can't we?

Patient safety is number one. I can only speak about how I have to reuse masks due to supply issues. In my opinion (maybe not others), patient safety is ranked a lot higher than getting a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

As Phase 1 begins tomorrow, what exactly is opened back up as some of what is listed have not been closed afaik and 5km for exercise now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Patient safety is number one. I can only speak about how I have to reuse masks due to supply issues. In my opinion (maybe not others), patient safety is ranked a lot higher than getting a haircut.

In my opinion, you are being wilfully obtuse now because not one person has said getting a haircut is more important than patient safety. Not one.

But please, feel free to argue against a point that absolutely no one is making while completely misrepresenting the facts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement