Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Has to stay like that for a protracted period of time.

A second lock down would be disasterous. We need to put the foot on this now and keep the social distancing measures in place after the economy is fully open.

Otherwise in Autumn we head to disaster.

But there's going to be a spike once people mix in the community, that's inevitable. Again I don't see what makes Ireland so different to Denmark, Germany or Austria that they can go ahead with that in consideration. We can wait till August, next year or until kingdom come, the virus will still be around, people will contract it, sadly some will die but if we do nothing we're putting ourselves in a position where no one will be able to help anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/gmcth3/r0_above_10_again_lots_of_cases_in_vienna/

R0 in Austria has risen above 1 again despite the widespread use of masks. Very hard virus to keep control of it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Arghus wrote: »
    I see more and more people on the thread saying they don't follow the news anymore. Really? Would you not like to be a bit aware of the things that you are railing against? There might be a bit less blind rage on the thread. Though, I suspect that's unlikely.

The briefing today wasn't miserable viewing at all. Optimism over figures and future plans etc.

The change in tone in the briefings over the last two to three weeks is very clear, but, some people in here - who admit in some cases to not even watching them - insist that they consist of Tony Holohan scaring us all needlessly.

This thread is so far removed from reality; it's comical.

Too busy reading Gemma O'Doherty and the EndTheLockdown on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I meant 65.
    Apologies for the typo, it’s not only the government that make them.

yeah still, ah here...

Doesnt prove anything? it must be a co incidence then that covid peaks after 70 days. ohhh it peaked in China. It has clearly peaked here.

And by the looks of it it is peaking in Sweden

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1102203/cumulative-coronavirus-cases-in-sweden/

Must be a co incidence. Also, below must be a co incidence

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/nobel-scientist-predicts-virus-will-burn-out-in-next-two-weeks-39194015.html

Wow thats 2 scientists. I am fearful to keep going... it seems unravelling

Actually by your own words we never had this peak as there 'are so few deaths' !
    We flattened the curve by lockdown. The peak will come if people go out and about without taking precautions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭amandstu

wakka12 wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/comments/gmcth3/r0_above_10_again_lots_of_cases_in_vienna/

R0 in Austria has risen above 1 again despite the widespread use of masks. Very hard virus to keep control of it seems

And they were just now saying on CNN (someone forecasting death numbers) that mask wearing seemed to be outweighing the increased mobility in some USA populations..

Said mask wearing can halve infectivity ..

They were explaining why their death forecasts have dipped slightly over the past few days.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I completely agree. We are now effectively sacrificing the majority of citizens for the very few. The country is paralysed in every sense of the word, physically, mentally and financially.
    Current numbers (well actually the numbers for the last 4/5 weeks) do not justify current conditions and they certainly don’t justify continuing this madness for another 12 weeks till the 10th of August.

Over a million people are now out of work. The country is on its knees, and the goodwill of the people is starting to run out.

The country isn't paralysed , it is opening up again.The current numbers do justify the present conditions , easing of restrictions.
    100, 000 people came off the Covid payment today .
    The only good will that is running out is in reasonable people with over exaggerated posts like.the above .

I actually believed the same until they fudged the businesses included in phase 1 at the 11th hour, due to a ‘typo’.
    These businesses had spent all last week getting ready to reopen, setting up new procedures etc only to be told Friday that it was a mistake and that they weren’t allowed open after all.

Meanwhile the drapery, homeware, and clothing retail sections in all of my local Dunnes stores are now open and have been for the last few weeks and they’re getting away with it because they also sell food.
    It must be soul destroying for other businesses seeing them open and making money while they’re being prevented from opening for another 3 weeks, after being closed since mid March.

After that I have no doubt that there’ll be more ‘typos’ and miscommunications along the way, and I can’t see them accelerating things at all.

The reality is we should be entering phase 3 on June 8th and not a moment later.
    We are ready for it, businesses are ready for it, and the health service is ready for it. With over a million taxpayers now unemployed, the public purse is also most definitely ready for it.
    We can’t expect much more compliance from people who have already pretty much sacrificed everything.

There is actually so much tension and anger where I am from that I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see Trump style lockdown protests soon. People have had enough of being chastised when we have done what was asked of us, and now the government aren’t fulfilling their end of the bargain.

While I agree with most that you have said here I have to say that Cork has had a very different and is still having a very different experience to Dublin. Dublin has 48% of cases and Cork only 5% , so the health service here in Dublin while ready would be hard pressed to cope with a surge now . People are talking about 50% capacity in ICUs but I don't know where they are getting there numbers from. There are non Covid patients in ICU too . Beaumont and the Mater have only 5 or 6 ICU beds free each , as of yesterday . Stats all on Gov.ie if anyone wants to see them .

There is no tension or fears about protests here either . Everyone was laughing at the Four Courts crowd and I would know a lot of people who supported other protests eg Water , going along with all they have been asked to do so far anyway .
    Is it a case of the Rebel County going on here ? Or is this more exaggeration ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Goldengirl wrote: »
    The country isn't paralysed , it is opening up again.The current numbers do justify the present conditions , easing of restrictions.
    The only good will that is running out is in reasonable people with over exaggerated posts like.the above .

Where did you pull that 100k figure from? Only 5k people have come off the covid payment this week according to an article RTE published just a few hours ago. It mentioned nothing about a hundred thousand people. I’d find it hard to believe that garden centres & Woodies & the like employ 100k staff regardless.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1139104/

And I was actually incorrect myself, there are now 1,263,000 citizens reliant on state income support as a result of lockdown, not just 1 million as I previously stated.
    The majority of industries have been closed for over two months now and will be closed at a minimum for another 3 weeks, if not longer.
    Our freedom of movement is restricted to within 5km of home until the 20th of July. The health service is running at a significantly reduced capacity and is only just beginning to restart itself after over 2 months of suspended services.

What would you call that? I would call that paralysed.

You say the country is opening up, but we have 12 more weeks, three more months to wait, until we reopen all industries and get everyone back to work, with the ever looming threat from Tony that we will be reverting to previous restrictions if at any point the cases rise.
    84 cases does not justify shutting down an entire country, no matter how you try to dress it up.
    That’s not being over dramatic, that’s being realistic.

Conte.. wrote: »
    Holy cow do u ever get tired of posting

You forgot a word at the end of that , lol

• Advertisement

Colibri wrote: »
    I'm going by anecdotes but a supervisor in work told me that branches of our retail stores in Europe opened recently (our opening will model theirs) and queues were out the door like what Woodies saw today, but quickly died down over subsequent days. Customers went in, got what they needed and left.

Can I have a source for that please? 😉

While I agree with most that you have said here I have to say that Cork has had a very different and is still having a very different experience to Dublin. Dublin has 48% of cases and Cork only 5% , so the health service here in Dublin while ready would be hard pressed to cope with a surge now . People are talking about 50% capacity in ICUs but I don't know where they are getting there numbers from. There are non Covid patients in ICU too . Beaumont and the Mater have only 5 or 6 ICU beds free each , as of yesterday . Stats all on Gov.ie if anyone wants to see them .

There is no tension or fears about protests here either . Everyone was laughing at the Four Courts crowd and I would know a lot of people who supported other protests eg Water , going along with all they have been asked to do so far anyway .
    Is it a case of the Rebel County going on here ? Or is this more exaggeration ?

As of Saturday, only 27 of the new cases were in Dublin. The cases are so low nationwide now that I find it very hard to believe that Dublin is struggling and under pressure when the health service has been running at reduced capacity up till now, and the cases are so few.
    Then again you have a propensity to defend the restrictions and the health service at every possible opportunity, so I’m not remotely surprised you are still trying to insist that Dublin isn’t coping.

Have a read through the thread and I’m sure you will find another 6/7 posts over the last few days from other members from Cork who are all saying the same as me, so you may take back your implication that I’m exaggerating.
    However at this point it’s quite clear that if I said the sky was blue you’d say it’s purple, so again, not surprising.

And you have a damn cheek to accuse me of that when twice now in a few short hours, you have labelled anyone who would like to see an accelerated easing of restrictions as a Gemma supporter.
    Weren’t you only complaining a few pages ago about how annoying it is to have your posts taken up wrong, and how patronising it is?
    Pot meet kettle.

20% is likely around the normal mortality rate of people going into ICU too, as in this is no spike at all it's the same rate as non-pandemic times.

No one is saying covid isn't bad or isn't ugly but people really need to stop this scare mongering bs.

The death rates in Irish ICUs ..Mortality rate 13 % NOCA report . Not 20%

At the present time with 24200 confirmed cases the death rate amongst those is over 6 % . That's a killer virus.

It’s baffling how disproportionate the level of fear is in this country. I can only assume people are reading too many headlines and listening to Tony/Simon way too much.

There is a graph posted just a page back showing that barely anyone under 65 has even died.

On social media, some people are saying they won’t send their kids back to school in September as it’s too dangerous. Lots of curtain twitchers today criticising anyone that went out to a hardware store.

One guy saying the queues for ICU will be out the door next week.

I had RTÉ on myself the other day and I heard the words deadly virus every 5 mins. It’s only deadly if you’re over 75 and have an underlying health issue.

I just don’t see this level of fear in any other countries.

225 people have died with no underlying conditions , so mist be young enough.

Lots of people have a negative view of the economy.

But the economy is what is responsible for our entire way of life. And we have a very good way of life.

Life expectancy is 82 in this country. Anyone who really wants work will find it. Most people can afford to go on decent holidays/travel. We have nice luxuries like smartphones, broadband, cable tv, Netflix, Spotify etc.

We want our kids to have opportunities here, in Ireland!

This is what we’re fighting to protect. I sure as hell don’t want this country to become economically depressed. I don’t want to wave my kids off at the airport as they leave to find work.

If that’s not worth fighting for, than I don’t know what is.

I don't want to be telling my kids that we didn't care about your uncle with hypertension, or your aunt with diabetes, or your friend who just had a bad reaction to the virus and suffered a stroke.
    Different choices.

Where did you pull that 100k figure from? Only 5k people have come off the covid payment this week according to an article RTE published just a few hours ago. It mentioned nothing about a hundred thousand people. I’d find it hard to believe that garden centres & Woodies & the like employ 100k staff regardless.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1139104/

And I was actually incorrect myself, there are now 1,263,000 citizens reliant on state income support as a result of lockdown, not just 1 million as I previously stated.
    The majority of industries have been closed for over two months now and will be closed at a minimum for another 3 weeks, if not longer.
    Our freedom of movement is restricted to within 5km of home until the 20th of July. The health service is running at a significantly reduced capacity and is only just beginning to restart itself after over 2 months of suspended services.

What would you call that? I would call that paralysed.

You say the country is opening up, but we have 12 more weeks, three more months to wait, until we reopen all industries and get everyone back to work, with the ever looming threat from Tony that we will be reverting to previous restrictions if at any point the cases rise.
    84 cases does not justify shutting down an entire country, no matter how you try to dress it up.
    That’s not being over dramatic, that’s being realistic.

And construction workers are now back , that's where all the numbers are .
    And income support is not unemployment as you previously said. A lot of those workers receiving that will be back at work as soon as it opens up and are working from home right now and have been all along.
    Your last post claimed the health service was only half full, now its reduced capacity ..which ? Health service is now getting back to normal work and private hospitals are going to take on the waiting lists , at least here in Dublin. Cork you say is not ?
    The threat is not from Tony , of returning to restrictions if the infections start to rise again, it's from people not playing their part while restrictions are eased.
    The entire country is opening up precisely because there are 84 cases , so that is another fairy story .
    So yes , it's all drama and overexaggeration no matter how you dress it up.

As of Saturday, only 27 of the new cases were in Dublin. The cases are so low nationwide now that I find it very hard to believe that Dublin is struggling and under pressure when the health service has been running at reduced capacity up till now, and the cases are so few.
    Then again you have a propensity to defend the restrictions and the health service at every possible opportunity, so I’m not remotely surprised you are still trying to insist that Dublin isn’t coping.

Have a read through the thread and I’m sure you will find another 6/7 posts over the last few days from other members from Cork who are all saying the same as me, so you may take back your implication that I’m exaggerating.
    However at this point it’s quite clear that if I said the sky was blue you’d say it’s purple, so again, not surprising.

And you have a damn cheek to accuse me of that when twice now in a few short hours, you have labelled anyone who would like to see an accelerated easing of restrictions as a Gemma supporter.
    Weren’t you only complaining a few pages ago about how annoying it is to have your posts taken up wrong, and how patronising it is?
    Pot meet kettle.

Damn cheek ,girl , lol.
    I didn't say Dublin wasn't coping. I said that they don't have as many empty ICU beds as you say . Patients are 10 to 20 days in ICU and don't leave the hospital the day after that. Other patients have been weeks in hospital in high dependency and on the wards.
    So even if there was no new cases every day there would still be sick patients in hospital to look after.
    All step down hospitals have taken non Covid patients so the system in Dublin is still busy but not overflowing , and COPING WELL BECAUSE OF RESTRICTIONS.
    I spoke to my colleagues in CUH over the weekend and they are busy enough and couldn't believe that some person on this forum were saying that they weren't
    So yes with all your drama and tales , you don't sound like you can be relied upon to tell the truth . Never called you a Gemma supporter though if you feel the cap fits ?
    A lot of those supporting posters you talk about , I wouldn't find very trustworthy either, after reading their posts
    I am not against easing restrictions but not at the expense of people's health , so carefully , which is what is being done.
    And by the way your attachment doesn't add anything except to prove that Dublin is far away harder hit than Cork , by a multiple of nearly 10. That with all the surrounding counties with high numbers that have to come to Dublin hospitals for ICU has stretched the health service UK here more than the rest of the country.

And construction workers are now back , that's where all the numbers are .
    And income support is not unemployment as you previously said. A lot of those workers receiving that will be back at work as soon as it opens up and are working from home right now and have been all along.
    Your last post claimed the health service was only half full, now its reduced capacity ..which ? Health service is now getting back to normal work and private hospitals are going to take on the waiting lists , at least here in Dublin. Cork you say is not ?
    The threat is not from Tony , of returning to restrictions if the infections start to rise again, it's from people not playing their part while restrictions are eased.
    The entire country is opening up precisely because there are 84 cases , so that is another fairy story .
    So yes , it's all drama and overexaggeration no matter how you dress it up.

That still doesn’t explain your 100k figure, that figure hasn’t been reported anywhere that I’ve seen and I’ve looked?
    If we are going to play with semantics here, then it actually states that 1.26 million people are in receipt of either the covid-19 payment or are on the wage subsidy scheme, which is hardly a better scenario for the public purse.
    That still means the state is currently supporting 1,263,000 citizens with hardly any tax coming in because no one is working.

I read earlier that it is expected that the two month suspension of non essential health services, surgeries, screenings and appointments is going to create an additional 2 year backlog on the system.
    You keep repeating that services are restarting this week, but that’s irrelevant. They were unavailable for the last 9 weeks and the backlog now means that these services are still going to be difficult to access in the future.
    It’s still an issue that is going to effect all of us.

The fact that we only have 84 cases per day and the country still won’t be fully functioning for another 12 weeks is absolutely scandalous.

To be honest I’m not really bothered that you think I’m exaggerating and being dramatic because I’ve read this whole thread and I can see many others are having a similar experience to me.
    They can’t all be lying about the hardship they are facing, the struggles of isolation, lack of access to medical care, financial worries and fear for the future.

We can’t all have arrived at our theory that easing of restrictions should be accelerated because we’re Gemma supporters or heartless bast*rds, and being honest that’s a lazy conclusion to come to.
    It’s a cheap shot.

Coronavirus is not the most important thing or even the worst thing that could happen to a person.
    The many should never be sacrificed for the very few.
    If you can’t see that, then feel free to stay locked in your house till you feel safe enough to leave, but support other people’s choice to want to work and live their lives.

Damn cheek ,girl , lol.
    I didn't say Dublin wasn't coping. I said that they don't have as many empty ICU beds as you say . Patients are 10 to 20 days in ICU and don't leave the hospital the day after that. Other patients have been weeks in hospital in high dependency and on the wards.
    So even if there was no new cases every day there would still be sick patients in hospital to look after.
    All step down hospitals have taken non Covid patients so the system in Dublin is still busy but not overflowing , and COPING WELL BECAUSE OF RESTRICTIONS.
    I spoke to my colleagues in CUH over the weekend and they are busy enough and couldn't believe that some person on this forum were saying that they weren't
    So yes with all your drama and tales , you don't sound like you can be relied upon to tell the truth . Never called you a Gemma supporter though if you feel the cap fits ?
    A lot of those supporting posters you talk about , I wouldn't find very trustworthy either, after reading their posts
    I am not against easing restrictions but not at the expense of people's health , so carefully , which is what is being done.
    And by the way your attachment doesn't add anything except to prove that Dublin is far away harder hit than Cork , by a multiple of nearly 10. That with all the surrounding counties with high numbers that have to come to Dublin hospitals for ICU has stretched the health service UK here more than the rest of the country.

Ah so your blind defence and faith in the HSE makes sense now, you’re clearly another one who thinks working in the medical profession means your opinion is superior and of more value around here.
    If anything it shows how you cannot be relied upon because you are still insisting that urgent healthcare is available as normal, despite anecdotal evidence here and verified evidence in the media saying that it isn’t and that many patients have been left in awful situations.
    Yet you still refuse to even acknowledge it.

I’m not against taking sensible precautions such as social distancing & increased hand washing but I’m not in favour of keeping restrictions at the expense of anyone’s health. I guess those people don’t matter to you.

That attachment shows how few new cases we have nationwide, the vast majority (I think over 19k?) cases are now recovered and are not active cases. We had two deaths this weekend and six counties reported no new cases.
    Dublin has the best resources & the most facilities in the whole country so what you’re saying just isn’t making sense.
    And regardless, even if Dublin is in a worse situation, that still isn’t justification for locking down the rest of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

100,000 people off the Covid payment? Where did you see that figure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

What will happen when the restaurants reopen and people try to use them as bars, ordering one course and a rake of drinks?

A bowl of chips and 7 pints of Guinness please! The restaraunts will surely implement their own rules as the see fit to prevent people coming in to get inebriated.

Damn cheek ,girl , lol.

What is your point?

Is your point that the virus is so dangerous that we need to lock down for the next months? Or is this blind faith that the current easing is proportionate even if the numbers stay low?

You have signalled that you have a medical background (?) and have seen the effects. Were you in iCU and the wards?

At what stage do we say to people with other conditions or who may not even know about those conditions, that their health is less valuable than someone potentially getting Covid? Project fear has made many people petrified. They are afraid if they go into hospital they will catch it and infect their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭snowcat

Whichever way you look at it, you are more likely to die from a car crash than covid. you called it correctly all those weeks ago.

Car crash is actually 4 times more deadly/likely as is. Be careful on the roads.

No, We should shut down the roads except for essential services, than slowly slowly open up the roads again with 30 kph speed limits on the motorways. It will save lives.

(In jest but i hope the analogy can be seen)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

100,000 people off the Covid payment? Where did you see that figure?

It's a figure pulled straight from the sky. 5,000 people have come off the covid payment this week according to Ingrid miley

With just under 800,000 currently totally dependent on the state.

While a total of 1,263,000 are totally or partially ( TWSS) on the state

The irony of someone saying another person isn't trust worthy and then claims the above... shouldn't be lost on people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭snowcat

Has to stay like that for a protracted period of time.

A second lock down would be disasterous. We need to put the foot on this now and keep the social distancing measures in place after the economy is fully open.

Otherwise in Autumn we head to disaster.

Hopefully we have learned from this mess and another lockdown is never imposed. A lot of our deaths stemmed from the failure to protect the vulnerable in nursing homes. The lockdown was imposed after the virus was rampant in these facilities and circulating possibly for months in the wider population. The lockdown had questionable medical effect and disastrous economic effect.

It is an easy place for Tony and co to be in as they will never be accountable for their actions.

They will say that they saved lives with their actions (any mistakes such as in nursing homes will be at the door of the HSE).

They will make the point in hindsight that they are asked to advise and Government makes the decisions (perhaps on paper).

They will distance themselves from the economic arguments (we saved lives).

They will point to utterances that the hospitals were open for other procedures (the reality is different).

So what are the other (potential or real?) effects of this continued lockdown?

- the lack of childcare means the health service will have a far lower capacity.
    - all other capacity is focused on Covid
    - this means that people with existing treatments are even more vulnerable. Lives will be lost.
    - project fear means people are afraid to go into hospital. Lives will be lost
    - screening programmes have been delayed or severely curtailed. Lives will be lost
    - mental health cases are increasing (no surprise). Lives will be lost.
    - domestic abuse is on the rise. Lives will be lost.
    - alcohol consumption is up 25%. Lives will be lost.
    - 1.26 million people are on State income supports.
    - many businesses will never reopen.
    - taxes will be increased to pay for the higher numbers requiring State supports.
    - benefits including allowances will need to be reduced.
    - recruitment in the public service will be stalled and efforts will be made to slim it down through retirements etc.
    - health spending will need to be reduced - even longer waiting lists - lives will be lost.
    - public transport capacity is massively reduced so people without private transport will not be able to report to work so will be let go.
    - if schools and crèches do not reopen in September then parents may be forced to move to part-time work or one parent will need to stop working.
    - the new reality will disproportionately hit women.

We do not have a Government with a mandate or who are accountable to parliament yet some of the biggest decisions any Irish Government has ever faced are being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I don't want to be telling my kids that we didn't care about your uncle with hypertension, or your aunt with diabetes, or your friend who just had a bad reaction to the virus and suffered a stroke.
    Different choices.

I think its important kids are thought real life values, like Tir na nÓg only exist in books and unfortunately we dont live forever, which some people have lost sight of since Covid 1st appeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

It is an easy place for Tony and co to be in as they will never be accountable for their actions.

They will say that they saved lives with their actions (any mistakes such as in nursing homes will be at the door of the HSE).

They will make the point in hindsight that they are asked to advise and Government makes the decisions (perhaps on paper).

They will distance themselves from the economic arguments (we saved lives).

They will point to utterances that the hospitals were open for other procedures (the reality is different).

So what are the other (potential or real?) effects of this continued lockdown?

- the lack of childcare means the health service will have a far lower capacity.
    - all other capacity is focused on Covid
    - this means that people with existing treatments are even more vulnerable. Lives will be lost.
    - project fear means people are afraid to go into hospital. Lives will be lost
    - screening programmes have been delayed or severely curtailed. Lives will be lost
    - mental health cases are increasing (no surprise). Lives will be lost.
    - domestic abuse is on the rise. Lives will be lost.
    - alcohol consumption is up 25%. Lives will be lost.
    - 1.26 million people are on State income supports.
    - many businesses will never reopen.
    - taxes will be increased to pay for the higher numbers requiring State supports.
    - benefits including allowances will need to be reduced.
    - recruitment in the public service will be stalled and efforts will be made to slim it down through retirements etc.
    - health spending will need to be reduced - even longer waiting lists - lives will be lost.
    - public transport capacity is massively reduced so people without private transport will not be able to report to work so will be let go.
    - if schools and crèches do not reopen in September then parents may be forced to move to part-time work or one parent will need to stop working.
    - the new reality will disproportionately hit women.

We do not have a Government with a mandate or who are accountable to parliament yet some of the biggest decisions any Irish Government has ever faced are being made.

I agree with all except the last part. Recessions tends to disproportionately affect males for whatever reason. The last recession saw male suicide rates jump up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement