Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Your anti-vaxxer/Gemma O'D mask is slipping.

Ginger n Lemon: A selection of quotes regarding vaccines/ Gemma O'D:

"Bob, they tried. But Garda closed Pheonix park.

Garda will shut down any form of public gatherings, there were 6 girls protesting against Debenhams on Henry street, easily 3 meters apart from each other, still told to get the hell out by our law enforcement.""

"Hospitals have empty beds because this disease is not that more severe than flu. There are videos of nurses dancing in empty hospitals on tiktok, youtube and other platforms, making a mockery of people like you, and me who clap for HSE every now and then."

"Do you even know that you cant sue a vaccine company? You sue the government when things go bad with the vaccine. Do you want to guess why that is?

I'd completely disregard vaccine conversation anyways, it needs to be properly tested for many years before being released to the public. Would you inject something into your body when it has been in development for 9 months?"

"There are plenty of corona viruses around. Been around for thousands of years. No vaccine exist for a single one.

Look it up. But dont fear, mortality rate is 0.2-0.5% so we shouldnt get wiped out without a vaccine."

"Gemma is challenging lockdown restrictions in court. Lockdown restrictions imposed are to A) slow down the spread of the disease & not to overwhelm 100 ICU beds and B) wait out for a vaccine.

Leo has said this on camera, good few times. I am merely pointing out that this is not feasible and like I've mentioned earlier, Gemma as unlikable as she is - its a good thing someone is challenging these scientifically unproven lockdown measures."

"Here, I only wish the best for people on these forums, please do not under any circumstance consider any vaccines from China. Regardless which side of lockdown you are on."

"Just heard yesterday - there hasnt been a single vaccine developed for any of human corona viruses in our history.

Maintain social distancing.

Wash hands.

Open up."

"A) Pharma companies do not profit if you have good health. There is an instant conflict of interest arising, they ll make billions if a harmful vaccine is distributed and people need follow up care (follow up care is the big buck)

B) WHO and other "world health agencies" are corrupt, are being led by god knows who, Tedros person in WHO has covered up malaria outbreak in Ethiopia 3 times... advised not to close travel from China in January. The list is endless.

C) Vaccines are harmful. They tend to be more harmful than the disease they are suppose to prevent. It is criminal to be pushing vaccine agenda without any serious trial period (of 5 - 10 years). It would be a disaster to develop a vaccine in 9 months, inject it into everyone and see people have their life expectancy cut in half and die at 40 years of age."

I just feel sorry for the people you duped along the way.

Welcome back!!! It was very quiet yesterday wout you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Conte.. wrote: »
    How long do you think people should go around wearing masks

As long as it takes.

How long do you think we should shut down the economy to facilitate people breathing on each other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

Stark wrote: »
    As long as it takes.

How long do you think we should shut down the economy to facilitate people breathing on each other?

How long what takes

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Breezin

Are beaches supposed to be open? Why are there barricades blocking parking at some?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Hurrache wrote: »
    Have you, and everyone who thanked the post, no cop on?

You'll be all anti vaxxers next arguing against it because nobody is dying of the diseases the vaccines are for.

Haha, that is so true.
    I would love to challenge all those who have posted saying this is a mild illness, only a cold, like the flu, or not dangerous to young people etc. to not take the vaccine when / if they provide it.
    Only problem is , some might be mad enough to do it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

I just feel sorry for the people you duped along the way.

Some people could say the same about you.

What hospital do you work in again? You know, the one with a 50% covid ICU fatality rate you keep alluding to.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭gizmo23

Breezin wrote: »
    Are beaches supposed to be open? Why are there barricades blocking parking at some?

Well around me they are open... car parks are still shut as the taught process is "if its inside 5km you can walk to them. So no need to have car parks open" again that just in the county I am in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Conte.. wrote: »
    How long do you think people should go around wearing masks
    Indoors in public spaces were social distancing is nigh on impossible? Until effective treatments come along that reduce the fatality rates of this virus. I personally think a vaccine is a way off and will be avoided by too many. I'd be dubious myself. Unless they discover a "common cold" that's already done the rounds protects from this, or an existing well tested vaccine like the early stage promise for the BCG works out. Or it burns itself out in community spread, which is possible, or we discover it is, or has become less transmissible.

The summer and higher light levels could have an effect too, but come winter and cold and flu season if it came back then it could get messy. That's being missed a bit in the talk of a "second wave"(and no it won't be like 1918 for a few reasons). Now if today I get a fever and cough and the like the chances are high enough, or it's more likely to be covid19. The same thing in November and it could be anything, cold, seasonal flu, so more covid cases could be masked(no pun) in the community and spread more because of that.

By the by, though I'm very much in favour of masks as another valuable tool in this fight, I personally can't stand the bloody things, but they clearly seem to make a difference, just like the other risk reducers, so the lesser of two evils. I hate social distancing too. I hate not meeting mates, going into people's gaffs, them coming into mine. It's fcuking surreal, but I do that because it majorly reduces risk. Hand washing, well I do that anyway, but until recently not like a brain surgeon. :D
    To be fair he has a point when you make a blanket statement like no virus can be eradicated. Smallpox is no more in humans. Polio, once all too common is extremely rare. We could probably eradicate measles for good too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Haha, that is so true.
    I would love to challenge all those who have posted saying this is a mild illness, only a cold, like the flu, or not dangerous to young people, we are going overboard with restrictions etc. to not take the vaccine when / if they provide it.

Would it be wise to give a relatively untrialled vaccine to children when Covid is not dangerous to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

https://enrsi.rtvs.sk/articles/coronavirus/225111/re-opening-in-full-swing

Slovakia into phase 4 of its reopening from tomorrow including the opening of shopping centres and cinemas

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »

To be fair he has a point when you make a blanket statement like no virus can be eradicated. Smallpox is no more in humans. Polio, once all too common is extremely rare. We could probably eradicate measles for good too.

Interesting that he didn't even defend himself against my accusations.

Would it be wise to give a relatively untrialled vaccine to children when Covid is not dangerous to them?

Oooh. They are all coming out of the woodwork now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

I knew a Bobby Dazzler years ago

Any relation

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

https://enrsi.rtvs.sk/articles/coronavirus/225111/re-opening-in-full-swing

Slovakia into phase 4 of its reopening from tomorrow including the opening of shopping centres and cinemas
    Yup. The Czechs the same. Basically any of the western nations who looked to Asian nations and copied them are getting back to life more quickly and have far fewer dead. Ireland only did some of these things and here we are and still not doing what we should be doing.

Maybe this is why the government are dragging their heels? They know they've come at this half arsed and their medical advisers are telling them to take it slow because it's still out in the wild far more than in the above countries? If we do get a "second wave" and christ I hope we don't, it will be 90% down to sh1t governance from the start.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Oooh. They are all coming out of the woodwork now.

Does your colleagues all participate in the flu vaccine every year?

Only half HSE staff accepted it in 2018/2019 despite risks for frontline staff and vulnerable patients.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Well they aren't exactly kids at the present time so.

They are adults who never had this upheaval during their formative years.

Irish kids are on course to be a great experiment in mass long term school absenteeism.

They were off school and will be for what 7/8 months max (Easter Holidays, Summer, Mid Term) prob missed 4 Months actual school.

Mass absenteeism :D:D:D Many kids miss longer due to personal reasons and turn out just fine.

Mass absenteeism :D:D:D Many kids miss longer due to personal reasons and turn out just fine.

And they end up following De Town?:eek: :P

Dont want to get banned. And ur post was veeeery long. Veeery. Long posts usually get boring very quickly.

I welcome your accusations, bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Its just surprising of all people who have been raising their eye brow at your posts you chose to attack me. Hurtful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Breezin wrote: »
    And the end up following De Town?:eek: :P

I hope your not home schooling your own children with grammar like that.

Learn how to spell before trying to make jokes.

growleaves wrote: »

Source?
    American news is very much subjective .
    Also the states that had lockdown are very much more densely populated .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Grand Canal is jammers with the warm weather and all, great to see.

Wibbs wrote: »

A bit harsh. But i welcome high standards.

PS i was referring to flu as cant eradicate a virus. Obviously, even said it mutates changes complexity. Thats why theres new types of flu vaccine coming out so often to tailor against latest version of flu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

He's certainly making up for lost time talking nonsense.

I hope your not home schooling your own children with grammar like that.

Learn how to spell before trying to make jokes.

Hardly grammar, my friend. A typo (seems to be a thing with this virus!).

And go out and buy yourself a sense of humour in Woodies. Dundalk are a great football team. ;)

Its all incredibly scientific from what I can see.

If one travels 6km from their homes on the 7th of June the grim reaper will be notified using google maps.

Likewise for the health risk of barbers which will immediately dissipate at midnight July 19th.

Of course it is arbitrary . But my clearly keeping phases marked like this they have a better idea if the R goes up what may have caused it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

robbiezero wrote: »
    What hospital has had a massive recent increase in cases? Of the order of 300%?

I've heard Narnia General Hospital was having a spot of bother. Luckily dazzlers on hand to save the day from the evil hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

They were off school and will be for what 7/8 months max (Easter Holidays, Summer, Mid Term) prob missed 4 Months actual school.

Mine won't miss much. They're both in secondary school and are doing remote schooling. Our youngest (1st year) swears they're working harder at home that they would have in school...

Of course it is arbitrary . But my clearly keeping phases marked like this they have a better idea if the R goes up what may have caused it.
    So it makes no difference if they bring the dates forward. Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Haha, that is so true.
    I would love to challenge all those who have posted saying this is a mild illness, only a cold, like the flu, or not dangerous to young people etc. to not take the vaccine when / if they provide it.

What is wrong with having the view that the virus is in general is not particularly dangerous to young people and also wanting to take the vaccine when available.
    Its not really a dichotomy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Guys exercise a bit of skepticism when reading posts online - and don't ask someone to reveal where they work

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement