Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

pjohnson wrote: »
    So if thats true then why so much tears over there being a lockdown/economy in ruins. Ye are totally contradicting yourselves at this stage its tragic. Get it together!

Which is it. Is everyone ignoring restrictions and back to normal or is the lockdown still in effect?

If the lockdown is void why so much whinge?

Businesses can’t fully function because they’re closed or severely restricted- there was over a million people to last week depending on social welfare as evidence.
    You’re being deliberately obtuse for no real reason which is why I haven’t bothered engaging with you as it’s Luke going around circles. Much like trying to get reason or logic out of Nphet

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

What are all you posters going to do when restrictions are re-imposed in 2nd or 3rd week of June?

Oooh let me see, more Netflix, COVID payments, bit of virtue signalling about saving lives etc when really I just want to sit on my arse for a few months.

It’s actually really disturbing how many Irish people seem to be enjoying lockdown just because it prevents other people from doing things they enjoy.

I’ve seen people that don’t even drink almost celebrating the fact that pubs are closed. People with no desire to travel saying that air travel should be cancelled for years. One miserable poster suggesting that young people shouldn’t be having sex until a vaccine is found. Criticising people who order takeaways. Criticising people who enjoy sport such as horse racing/gambling. Criticising businesses for wanting to reopen.

It’s really pathetic to have that much hate inside you. If you really don’t like something, just don’t do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

It’s actually really disturbing how many Irish people seem to be enjoying lockdown just because it prevents other people from doing things they enjoy.

I’ve seen people that don’t even drink almost celebrating the fact that pubs are closed. People with no desire to travel saying that air travel should be cancelled for years. One miserable poster suggesting that young people shouldn’t be having sex until a vaccine is found. Criticising people who order takeaways. Criticising people who enjoy sport such as horse racing/gambling. Criticising businesses for wanting to reopen.

It’s really pathetic to have that much hate inside you. If you really don’t like something, just don’t do it.

And whats the answer?;)

Come on we all know it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Yeah this is the sad reality of the situation and those same people will use people potentially breaking the lockdown rules or easing the restrictions themselves as an excuse to attack those people and spread their negativity.

It's kind of sad really because they are living such a miserable life that they get enjoyment of out seeing other people as miserable as they are.

• Advertisement

Yes it’s sad. It’s like as if “you can have as pathetic and vacant a life as I lead”.
    Today’s curtain twitcher special is McDonald’s and how could any morally upright citizen eat that ****e!! Expect that to go into overdrive as more reopen

SNNUS wrote: »
    Oooh let me see, more Netflix, COVID payments, bit of virtue signalling about saving lives etc when really I just want to sit on my arse for a few months.

Stick up a #savealife selfie. Will really show that killer virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

road_high wrote: »
    Yes it’s sad. It’s like as if “you can have as pathetic and vacant a life as I lead”.
    Today’s curtain twitcher special is McDonald’s and how could any morally upright citizen eat that ****e!! Expect that to go into overdrive as more reopen

Some people even ordered extra nuggets with their meals I mean something has to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Some people even ordered extra nuggets with their meals I mean something has to be done.

There's just so much evil in the world.
    One like=one less coronavirus.

Non essential chicken nuggets...do these not realise how many vulnerable they’re risking?
    Someone should bring them into an icu to make them change their reckless ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Just shows how the crazy Catholic Church ruled this country for years without question. As Mrs. Doyle put it "I like the misery"

Non essential chicken nuggets...do these not realise how many vulnerable they’re risking?
    Someone should bring them into an icu to make them change their reckless ways

How are you supposed to social distance from your food while eating it? Those selfish bastards don't even care.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

ThEy'Re JeAlOuS oF oUr FrEeDoMs!!!111!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

ThEy'Re JeAlOuS oF oUr FrEeDoMs!!!111!

I don't think I've ever read such ridiculous, half-assed, shoot-from-the-hip, barstool psychology nonsense in my life.

Just shows how the crazy Catholic Church ruled this country for years without question. As Mrs. Doyle put it "I like the misery"

Oh was only saying the exact same thing the other day to someone. It in a nutshell. Punishment complex is hard wired, and most important that others are punished equally if not more.
    When I was Primary school there was always a few pain in the holes that told the teacher everything...( always girls I’m sorry to say). Their grown up equivalents are now on social media at the exact same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

storker wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever read such ridiculous, half-assed, shoot-from-the-hip, barstool psychology nonsense in my life.

indeed....

Well anyone seriously celebrating the current circumstances needs their bloody head examined.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    How are you supposed to social distance from your food while eating it? Those selfish bastards don't even care.

Try extra long bamboo shoots, like the ones you use in gardening. Dont breath directly on the food and wash yer handz

Well anyone seriously celebrating the current circumstances needs their bloody head examined.

Anyone who thinks anyone's celebrating anything about this mess needs their head examined. Does it really make you feel better about it to demonise people whose assessment differs from yours? How pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Plus telling us our grandparents had to go war and we only have to sit on our arses and watch Netflix...

In a months time (or sooner hopefully) when we have to go back to work I don't expect the same stiffer upper lip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,267 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Even owl Dr Tony,Leo and Harris will be on the lash when all this dies down

Anyone who thinks anyone's celebrating anything about this mess needs their head examined. Does it really make you feel better about it to demonise people whose assessment differs from yours? How pathetic.

What's pathetic is saying people should be forced to go years without going to the pub, traveling or having sex but I guess the sense of begrudgery is enough for you.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Even owl Dr Tony,Leo and Harris will be on the lash when all this dies down

I doubt. They’re dry as sandpaper

What's pathetic is saying people should be forced to go years without going to the pub, traveling or having sex but I guess the sense of begrudgery is enough for you.

Show me where I suggested any of those those. Go on. Quote the post. Or admit you're talking out of your fundamental orifice.

JPCN1 wrote: »
    Plus telling us our grandparents had to go war and we only have to sit on our arses and watch Netflix...

In a months time (or sooner hopefully) when we have to go back to work I don't expect the same stiffer upper lip.

The demise of the €350 will lead to the greatest bout of public mourning than if you were to combine the grief of the deaths of princess Diana, Nelson Mandela and the breakup of Take That all together in one event.

Show me where I suggested any of those those. Go on. Quote the post. Or admit you're talking out of your fundamental orifice.

I was actually referring to the people who the poster said made all the suggestions in his post but if the boot fits wear it.

I was actually referring to the people who the poster said made all the suggestions in his post but if the boot fits wear it.

Translation: I got nothing, but I haven't the stones to fess up, so I'll throw in a little dig that doesn't require any evidence on my part.

Silly me for expecting any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

the kelt wrote: »
    I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Whilst the rest of the world will be getting on with life as well as possible looking at how our crowd are operating we will be catapulting slices of turkey and ham through the windows of our elderly parents on December 25th whilst there’s a panic buy and rush on the 2m long socially distance sanitised Christmas crackers.

Meanwhile the curtain twitchers will be on standby to shoot any carol singers on site who may be spreading hope and joy Outside their 5k zones whilst Santa Claus gets gets quarantine for trying to enter Irish air space.

Tony and the NPHET’s are at number 1 in the charts with their hit “it’ll be lonely this Christmas on our Covid wards” and promise us if we can get to 20 weeks without anyone coughing we may be able to move to phase 5!

:D:D Funniest post in a while

Translation: I got nothing, but I haven't the stones to fess up, so I'll throw in a little dig that doesn't require any evidence on my part.

Silly me for expecting any better.

Translation: I was never talking about you in the first place what's so hard for you to wrap your brain around?

• Advertisement

Translation: I was never talking about you in the first place what's so hard for you to wrap your brain around?

Why didn't you just say that then? Ego te absolvo. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement