Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

SNNUS wrote: »
    Let's all stay inside until nobody ever dies again.

I've thought of that exact meme several times today. It really sums some people up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

SNNUS wrote: »
    Let's all stay inside until nobody ever dies again.

Let’s make everyone promise to never die before they are allowed out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s one thing to openly flout the medical advice that has been given, it’s another to boast about it and rub peoples noses in it who are conforming to the guidelines even if they don’t want to.

The hills aren’t going anywhere. People are unfortunately and your selfishness is quiet frankly ****ing disgusting.

You will probably look back on this post in a few months time and cringe that you ever typed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

There is an actual expert who knows what he’s talking about on prime time if any of you open up merchants want to understand what’s happening and dissipate your outrage.

You will probably look back on this post in a few months time and cringe that you ever typed this.

No.
    In a few months time I will be out walking up Carrountouhill with my friend safe in the knowledge that we did the right thing in waiting.

• Advertisement

There is an actual expert who knows what he’s talking about on prime time if any of you open up merchants want to understand what’s happening and dissipate your outrage.

Has he confirmed that the mountains aren't going anywhere?

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Has he confirmed that the mountains aren't going anywhere?

He’s going to check with his plumber first to be sure.

There are no experts on Covid 19. There are experts in their own individual fields who are bringing their knowledge to the table - but there’s a wealth of epidemiologists, immunologists, virologists and doctors the world over who all contradict each other and indeed even themselves on a daily basis. For any one “expert” who says one thing there will be another who believes the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Waiting until the mountains and I were married with the blessing of High Priest Tony made the experience all the more special.

There are no experts on Covid 19. There are experts in their own individual fields who are bringing their knowledge to the table - but there’s a wealth of epidemiologists, immunologists, virologists and doctors the world over who all contradict each other and indeed even themselves on a daily basis. For any one “expert” who says one thing there will be another who believes the exact opposite.

He’s a competent member of the team charged with our reaction to this, he’s worth a listen. He speaks well.

• Advertisement

He’s a competent member of the team charged with our reaction to this, he’s worth a listen. He speaks well.

I’m familiar with him and I listen to what he says but he’s not an expert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Breaking: Reports are coming in to the RTE newsroom saying that the mountains of Ireland have now vanished due to COVID-19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

RTE really is infuriating ****e. Nothing but scare mongering about second waves, speaking also like we've ended lockdown. Reminds me why I'd stopped watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

No.
    In a few months time I will be out walking up Carrountouhill with my friend safe in the knowledge that we did the right thing in waiting.

No you wont know. When the virus is gone you will say it is because you stopped walking. But in reality the virus will be gone anyway. OR ELSE WE WILL BE DEAD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Exactly--after 6 months they have said so far--wear facemasks/dont wear them--you can get it once only/maybe not--kids are super spreaders/no they aren't--affects asian's more/no it doesn't--herd immunity/no herd immunity--started in China/maybe not--here since March or maybe December, goes on and on and it's one thing to say they are learning but there still is no definite answer on anything:o

George Lee is now on the case of the missing mountains. He blames the public for not listening to Tony Holohan and now the 5km radius should be reduced to 500cm and calls for mass arrests of the general public

I’m familiar with him and I listen to what he says but he’s not an expert.

Expert is a subjective term. He knows a lot about this area and speaks frankly and well.

May have missed the expert but what I did hear was one contributor suggest what do we do if someone gets flu and coronavirus at the same time, when there is a huge body of evidence that respiritory viruses are not compatible with each other. Why would one let the other in? And another suggested we may be closing emergency departments at some stage due to patient safety. Sorry we can’t treat your heart attack, you might catch the virus.

RobitTV wrote: »
    George Lee is now on the case of the missing mountains. He blames the public for not listening to Tony Holohan and now the 5km radius should be reduced to 500cm and calls for mass arrests of the general public

I think its a great idea. Might get to smyths for my trampoline

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

road_high wrote: »
    RTE really is infuriating ****e. Nothing but scare mongering about second waves, speaking also like we've ended lockdown. Reminds me why I'd stopped watching it.

Paul Moynagh spoke quite well there to be fair. He highlighted testing and tracing as being the key amongst other things we have learned since the start of this.

But apart from that I agree. RTE have been fairly poor during this.

• Advertisement

May have missed the expert but what I did hear was one contributor suggest what do we do if someone gets flu and coronavirus at the same time, when there is a huge body of evidence that respiritory viruses are not compatible with each other. Why would one let the other in? And another suggested we may be closing emergency departments at some stage due to patient safety. Sorry we can’t treat your heart attack, you might catch the virus.

Yeah but then they won't die of covid. The day will be saved.

Denmark had 73 new cases today and just 3 deaths.

Last week, Denmark entered Phase 2 of its easing, allowing shopping malls to reopen followed by cafes and restaurants this week.

“We now have the coronavirus under control,” said Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen last week.

Health experts now say Denmark is “very unlikely” to be hit by a second wave of the COVID-19 infection.

I had not watched very much of RTÉ since March until I turned on the tv just there a while back. I understand now why some are so dismissive of what they are being told. It is hyperbolic nonsense which does the case that is being advanced absolutely no good whatsoever. If that was your only source of news you would either be scared ****less, or dismiss good advice due to the hyping in force

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It was infuriating until your man came out and said, nah there is no certainty a 2nd wave, most of europe are not having a 2nd wave. Then they cut him off.

Expert is a subjective term. He knows a lot about this area and speaks frankly and well.

Leo is on saying we will have to pay for this. Quelle Surprise. Hopefully we will reduce pensions and the dole and not hit tax payers for this. Yeah likely

RobitTV wrote: »
    Denmark had 73 new cases today and just 3 deaths.

Last week, Denmark entered Phase 2 of its easing, allowing shopping malls to reopen followed by cafes and restaurants this week.

“We now have the coronavirus under control,” said Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen last week.

Health experts now say Denmark is “very unlikely” to be hit by a second wave of the COVID-19 infection.

And what about the other factors that contribute to the decision making with regards easing restrictions?

snowcat wrote: »
    Leo is on saying we will have to pay for this. Quelle Surprise. Hopefully we will reduce pensions and the dole and not hit tax payers for this. Yeah likely

Why do you quote posts and then type something irrelevant and unrelated that has just popped into your head as a reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was infuriating until your man came out and said, nah there is no certainty a 2nd wave, most of europe are not having a 2nd wave. Then they cut him off.

Paul Moynagh has been quite good through this be it prime time or virgin media. Balanced discussion, sees what's happened and is quite confident effective testing and tracing can keep this under control, likewise hes not convinced of a 2nd wave while he says its possible it's not a certainty, he also recently has been questioning if social distancing measures would have been enough. Something Nolan suggested a few weeks ago could potentially be argued for.

Why do you quote posts and then type something irrelevant and unrelated that has just popped into your head as a reply?

Will you go back in to your cocooned 350 euro a week bubble

• Advertisement

And what about the other factors that contribute to the decision making with regards easing restrictions?

Yeah clearly the Danish haven't put much thought into it at all the jokers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement