Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

And what about the other factors that contribute to the decision making with regards easing restrictions?

Yeah clearly the Danish haven't put much thought into it at all the jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

snowcat wrote: »
    Will you go back in to your cocooned 350 euro a week bubble

By definition I wouldn’t be cocooned in a bubble if I had to go back to it.

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Yeah clearly the Danish haven't put much thought into it at all the jokers.

If you say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Paul Moynagh spoke quite well there to be fair. He highlighted testing and tracing as being the key amongst other things we have learned since the start of this.

But apart from that I agree. RTE have been fairly poor during this.

Switched over. They had a snippet out and about on the streets and stuff all about Korea. Had enough at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

RTE realise that they can not scare monger anymore with Corona but coming soon Corona 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭robbiezero

RobitTV wrote: »
    Denmark had 73 new cases today and just 3 deaths.

Last week, Denmark entered Phase 2 of its easing, allowing shopping malls to reopen followed by cafes and restaurants this week.

“We now have the coronavirus under control,” said Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen last week.

Health experts now say Denmark is “very unlikely” to be hit by a second wave of the COVID-19 infection.

Is there a boards.dk, maybe we could send a few of our lot from here over to that site and tell em different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Will you go back in to your cocooned 350 euro a week bubble

I don't know why some are presuming the economic status of other posters here.

Seems very distasteful and low brow to distract from an argument you are likely losing.

He could be on €350 an hour for all you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭snowcat

RobitTV wrote: »
    Denmark had 73 new cases today and just 3 deaths.

Last week, Denmark entered Phase 2 of its easing, allowing shopping malls to reopen followed by cafes and restaurants this week.

“We now have the coronavirus under control,” said Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen last week.

Health experts now say Denmark is “very unlikely” to be hit by a second wave of the COVID-19 infection.

Tony says no. He says Denmark is on a suicide mission. Like New Zealand and all those countries with no cases.

If you say so.

Well I don't see why you're so skeptical about them

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was infuriating until your man came out and said, nah there is no certainty a 2nd wave, most of europe are not having a 2nd wave. Then they cut him off.

Can imagine. Wouldn’t fit the doom.
    And of course we’d have very little herd immunity. We’ve been locked down for two months doing exactly what the “experts” wanted.
    More of it over with Matt Cooper and another “new normal” monger. No escape from these head bangers is there?

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    Is there a boards.dk, maybe we could send a few of our lot from here over to that site and tell em different.

Danes are too busy living their lives and getting back to normal no doubt.

Seems very distasteful and low brow to distract from an argument you are likely losing.

Nothing like that.
    350 a day only.
    It’s a struggle.

I doubt it with the calibre of his posts.

I earn more than that and I'm not particularily smart. But i do have a scientific qualification even though i do not work in that area,

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Well I don't see why you're so skeptical about them

I’m not skeptical, I just realize that cases and deaths are not the only figures to consider when deciding on restrictions. There is a vast amount of other relevant data to analyze.

road_high wrote: »
    And of course we’d have very little herd immunity. We’ve been locked down for two months found exactly what the “experts” wanted.
    More of it over with Matt Cooper and another “new normal” monger. No escape from these head bangers is there?

Yes Gemma, everyone's a 'monger' and it's all a conspiracy to make everyone's life a misery.

I'll go with illuminati plot :rolleyes:

I doubt it with the calibre of his posts.

People in glasshouses shouldn’t throw mountains.

Yes Gemma, everyone's a 'monger' and it's all a conspiracy to make everyone's life a misery.

“Anyone Who disagrees with me is a Gemma-bot”. As others have already established it’s not an argument and makes you look even sillier (if that’s possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishlad123456

More chance of people getting blown away in this storm than dying of covid, open up the country asap

“Anyone Who disagrees with me is a Gemma-bot”. As others have already established it’s not an argument and makes you look even sillier (if that’s possible).

lol

I'm not the one taking the conspiracy tact here.

I had not watched very much of RTÉ since March until I turned on the tv just there a while back. I understand now why some are so dismissive of what they are being told. It is hyperbolic nonsense which does the case that is being advanced absolutely no good whatsoever. If that was your only source of news you would either be scared ****less, or dismiss good advice due to the hyping in force

Same. I flicked over tonight in the off chance the narrative might have moved onto the reality of impending national bankruptcy. Not a bit of it. The same ole rubbish as two months ago.
    Course they’ll be first in line with the begging bowl to the taxpayer too.

• Advertisement

You'd best go on Twitter and tell Gemma how you feel about her. We're all rooting for you

People in glasshouses shouldn’t throw mountains.
    Spell out what you can spell or else be quiet.

lol

I'm not the one taking the conspiracy tact here.

Good for you. Would you like an award from Tony?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's all getting very silly in here now.

Good for you. Would you like an award from Tony?

No Gemma, I'm fine.

Would you like an award from John Waters?

Spell out what you can spell or else be quiet.

I didn’t utter a word pet.

No Gemma, I'm fine.

Would you like an award from John Waters?

You're seriously letting down any argument you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Representative from IBEC just after being on Virgin media absolutely slated the reopening plan and the caretaker government. Haven't heard anyone from IBEC speaking that strongly before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭prunudo

And of course we’d have very little herd immunity. We’ve been locked down for two months doing exactly what the “experts” wanted.

Where is all the evidence of second waves coming from, its just so called experts throwing their opinion out. A second wave is not a given and if it happens we should worry about it when it comes. All they're doing now is spreading fear and making it sound like things are way worse now than they really are.
    You know its bad when Alan Kelly and Sam McConkey are the ones talking sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

More chance of people getting blown away in this storm than dying of covid, open up the country asap

I was thinking, at least the lockdown saved the lives of some secondary students in Clondalkin who would have been hit by a helicopter door falling from the sky had they been in school.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement