Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Maybe this will help you decide, economy over lives. Maybe you should look at those figures and realise they are completely preventable, and are actual human beings. Maybe that’s more important than money.

Your health is your wealth and all that.

GEORGIA MORTALITY RATE
    4.4%

CURRENTLY W.H.O. MORTALITY RATE
    3.6%

DEATHS IN 7 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 233 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 14 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 475 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 30 DAYS
    2,906 ESTIMATED 1,131 NEW DEATHS

WITH THAT COVID MORTALITY RATE OUR GOVERNMENT OPENS UP WOODIES???

Oh wow. I dont know what baffles me more, your statistics or our government actions with relation to your statistics. No wonder you dont want lockdown to be lifted. I'd be worried too. Except for I wouldnt as those statistics are complete rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

RobitTV wrote: »
    So what should happen now? let's shut down the state once again and screw everyone going back to work and living a life. Just because of a rather insignificant growth rate.

We have to keep social distancing going. We can't keep people locked up inside for eternity for a 1.4% growth rate. Protect the elderly by all means, but get healthy people back to work.

Maybe this will help you decide, economy over lives....

GEORGIA MORTALITY RATE
    4.4%

3.6%

DEATHS IN 7 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 233 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 14 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 475 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 30 DAYS

Oh wow. I dont know what baffles me more, your statistics or our government actions with relation to your statistics. No wonder you dont want lockdown to be lifted. I'd be worried too. Except for I wouldnt as those statistics are complete rubbish.

So you don’t like the figures, they don’t suit you so they are rubbish.

Pity you didn’t look at them long enough to realise they are figures for a different part of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Come on man don't be a misery guts. Tell us how many people recovered. Oh wait.....

He forgot to tell us that less than 2000 people have the virus in Ireland and a huge % aren’t now contagious. You’ll never see that posted on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

196,958 people recovered and were discharged from hospital in Spain.

2% of the current active cases are critical. 98% are mild.

But don't let the facts and positive news get in the way of some doom and gloom and rosary bead holders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    The mountains are probably ravaged by covid after that poster went for a walk yesterday though.

"The hills are alive with the touch of Covid..." :D

So you don’t like the figures, they don’t suit you so they are rubbish.

No, they are rubbish because they are.

If we had a pandemic that had 4.4% mortality or 3.6% mortality, total covid deaths now would easily be 5 million + worldwide.

But they arent, in fact road crashes account for more deaths so far this year than covid.

21,060 people have made a recovery in Ireland. But the "worst is not over"

No, they are rubbish because they are.

If we had a pandemic that had 4.4% mortality or 3.6% mortality, total covid deaths now would easily be 5 million + worldwide.

But they arent, in fact road crashes account for more deaths so far this year than covid.

You should just look at the figures.
    They are for Georgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

road_high wrote: »
    "The hills are alive with the touch of Covid..." :D

You’d want to stay away from the sheep up there you don’t know who’s been shagging them ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah I'm one of the people calling for the lockdown measures to end quicker, but I'm not overly against this quarantine. Why risk importing cases? Can't imagine our tourism industry is going to be booming in the next 2 months regardless, under the current plan it will mostly still be closed. No point encouraging people to leave the country and spend their money elsewhere either..

I’ll spend my money where I want thanks all the same. I don’t fancy being a prisoner on this island indefinitely. Freedom of travel underpins EU policy. Whilst the rest of the EU closes its borders I’ve no problem adopting similar here but once borders reopen across the continent it’s unrealistic to think we should be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Posting in case people missed this

https://youtu.be/uATMbGK__Tg

Korean CDC scientists say reinfection is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

road crashes account for more deaths so far this year than covid.

They are also highly infectious and generate surges that are known for bringing down health systems, typical of road crashes LOL

Maybe this will help you decide, economy over lives. Maybe you should look at those figures and realise they are completely preventable, and are actual human beings. Maybe that’s more important than money.

GEORGIA MORTALITY RATE
    4.4%

3.6%

DEATHS IN 7 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 233 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 14 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 475 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 30 DAYS

Case Fatality rate is not the same as infection fatality rate.

Various serology studies have put infection fatality rate of 0.1-0.4%

You don't have to look any further than our own Health care workers, Over 8.000 confirmed infected and only 7 have died.

Fatality rate among Irish Health care workers is less than 0.1%.

Lets keep the thread relevant to Ireland as you've mentioned yourself earlier that Peru/Brazil figures are unreliable and state of Georgia figures are unreliable. Surely our figures ARE reliable?

Posting in case people missed this

https://youtu.be/uATMbGK__Tg

Korean CDC scientists say reinfection is unlikely.

What!? you must be joking. You must be a Gemma bot or a Trump supporter.

How dare you post this. Who are the Korean CDC anyway? they must be out protesting with Gemma and John Waters.

GEORGIA MORTALITY RATE
    4.4%

3.6%

DEATHS IN 7 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 233 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 14 DAYS
    ESTIMATED 475 NEW DEATHS

DEATHS IN 30 DAYS

You don't have to look any further than our own Health care workers, Over 8.000 confirmed infected and only 7 have died.

Lets keep the thread relevant to Ireland as you've mentioned yourself earlier that Peru/Brazil figures are unreliable and state of Georgia figures are unreliable. Surely our figures ARE reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

What!? you must be joking. You must be a Gemma bot or a Trump supporter.

How dare you post this. Who are the Korean CDC anyway? they must be out protesting with Gemma and John Waters.

Are going to troll the thread all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

silverharp wrote: »

Event was limited to 5000 people. We should down to single figure digits by end of june and then u will see us open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just thinking out loud and nothing to back it up, I reckon though that in US there is more pressure to re-open the economy as quickly as possible, money talks and all that. So maybe they are a bit more open to take the risk that people will get infected and some of them will die. I am not saying that this is right or wrong, just that this could be their approach.

Having said that though, I work for an American multinational and in the latest update they have pretty much hinted that everyone that can work from home will probably continue to do so until October or even the end of the year.

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »

Wow. They clearly didnt hear WHO announcing covid mortality rate of 3.6%.

Or they did and realized WHO also advised against travel bans from China in January. Lol credibility shot.

Your last bit is Epic.

You go on about opening up, that lockdown isn’t necessary and then when actual scientific evidence of lockdown being lifted to early elsewhere shows you that lifting restrictions early can be a big mistake you want to keep this to just Irish figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Also a note on Israel

While Israel has largely emerged from its two-month lockdown, many regulations remain in place, including a ban on gatherings of more than 50 people in open-air settings, according to guidelines posted by police.
    Restaurants, bars, pools and hotels are only slated to open later this month and a ban on concerts and other live events is only set to be rolled back on June 14. Masks are still required in most settings, though that regulation was temporarily suspended this week due to a heat wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

fr336 wrote: »
    HA! Really now? How is that? People can go outside in a watered down lockdown. Unless working in an office is beneficial to the old immune system?

People have less reason to go outside. Going outside for the sake of being outside gets boring and repetitive if you’re just aimlessly walking around a build up area like most of us who live in the cities are doing.

Normal life gives plenty of reasons to be active.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Just thinking out loud and nothing to back it up, I reckon though that in US there is more pressure to re-open the economy as quickly as possible, money talks and all that. So maybe they are a bit more open to take the risk that people will get infected and some of them will die. I am not saying that this is right or wrong, just that this could be their approach.

Having said that though, I work for an American multinational and in the latest update they have pretty much hinted that everyone that can work from home will probably continue to do so until October or even the end of the year.

And do you know why that is? Because we have leaders in this country that care about more than just money.

Trumps business interest are in property and hospitality, two areas that stand to be massively affected by this. His motivations have always been financial.

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    Are going to troll the thread all day?

The only trolls on here are the people spreading fear and hysteria in order to be proven right.

Let's ignore the recoveries and declining cases. We need our egos boosted.

Your last bit is Epic.

You go on about opening up, that lockdown isn’t necessary and then when actual scientific evidence of lockdown being lifted to early elsewhere shows you that lifting restrictions early can be a big mistake you want to keep this to just Irish figures.

What is your opinion of covid mortality in Ireland? Looking at below factual evidence? Or you dont believe our own figures?

The only trolls on here are the people spreading fear and hysteria in order to be proven right.

you are over reacting to other people' opinions, maybe take a break from the board?

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    you are over reacting to other people' opinions, maybe take a break from the board?

I disagree, i accept that people think differently and that's totally fine. I am not here to cause a scene.

But i don't agree with certain users spreading fear stories about people going up mountains and going outdoors :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've as much right to post in this thread as you do. If you don't agree tough. Boards.ie is for everyone.

I asked, "Why?" I didn't say you couldn't.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement