Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The treatment of staff and people in nursing homes was a disaster, on the plus side the lockdown was put in place early compared with America or the UK. The policy was clear and we had good leadership guided by medical experts. Look at the USA, nurse, s are using ppe masks for
    a week, there's a shortage of basic ppe, not much leadership
    from a egotistical stupid idiot who is more interested
    In giving tax breaks and grants to big corporations than
    helping the ordinary people who cannot work because most retail stores are closed.
    It, ll take a year to get a vaccine this lockdown cannot last
    much longer otherwise the economy will be crippled
    The hse seems to have a proper system in place to get ppe to medical staff which was helped by various
    people like mcgregor who ordered ppe directly from china
    I think some UK hospitals are still short of ppe equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭VonLuck

RobitTV wrote: »
    The lockdown merchants have just wet themselves with the thought of further utter misery

Almost as much as a kick as people get out of saying "lockdown merchants".

Ivan Yates was interviewing Dr Gabriel Scally President of Public Health at Royal Society of Medicine about half an hour ago........ he says that they are trying to get the new cases down to zero so we need these new restricitons and quarantines! !!! OMG this is never going to be achievable. Are we to become prisoners on this island until Covid is completely irradicated? The first country in the World to do so. Is that what Tony Holohan wants, because its beginning to sound like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

And here is another round of nonsense to try and belittle actual medical figures because of ones personal agenda.

Good to know you consider 11 dead people meaningless.
    Says a lot about you.

Good to know where you stand on this...stay locked up because people die.
    Do you know the saddest funerals I've attended in the last year are those of parents of young children who have died from cancer...these people who have private health insurance aren't even getting screened at the moment. How many more of these am I going to have to go to thanks to the absolute disgrace of the current situation re cancer screening and private hospitals?
    If you don't understand that we all die at some stage, and a certain number of deaths happen worldwide every day...then I suggest you take a breath and examine life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Cases have gone up a small bit today, and now the rosary beads are out in force and they will be dangling like never before.

The lockdown merchants have just wet themselves with the thought of further utter misery

RIP to the 11 dead today.

The lockdown merchants misery isn’t anything compared to the actual misery felt by the loved ones of eleven people today, but it’s telling that you choose to have a go at people who support the restrictions before you decided to acknowledge the people that have given their life to this virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

And here is another round of nonsense to try and belittle actual medical figures because of ones personal agenda.

Says a lot about you.

C'mon, what's a few dead people compared to 'reopening the economy', an economy which was in great shape pre-COVID? Very surprised the Dáil doesn't resign and let social media experts posting on social media to run our country. They'd surely have the wherewithal to bring back the good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Ivan Yates was interviewing Dr Gabriel Scally President of Public Health at Royal Society of Medicine........ he says that they are trying to get the new cases down to zero so we need these new restricitons and quarantines! !!! OMG this is never going to be achievable. Are we to become prisoners on this island until Covid is completely irradicated? The first country in the World to do so. Is that what Tony Holohan wants, because its beginning to sound like it?

They are so utterly deluded if they think getting the cases down to zero is going to be a realistic goal. This is beyond parody now.

Holohan should not be anywhere near the government and giving them advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

You only have to fill out the form. The actual isolation for 2 weeks isn’t mandatory and neither is it enforceable so I wouldn’t worry about it really.

Are you sure of that?

The way he was talking on the news it came across as if the 14 day isolation is mandatory.

If its not, happy days!

Ivan Yates was interviewing Dr Gabriel Scally President of Public Health at Royal Society of Medicine about half an hour ago........ he says that they are trying to get the new cases down to zero so we need these new restricitons and quarantines! !!! OMG this is never going to be achievable. Are we to become prisoners on this island until Covid is completely irradicated? The first country in the World to do so. Is that what Tony Holohan wants, because its beginning to sound like it?

What would you do if you had a positive test?

The lockdown merchants misery isn’t anything compared to the actual misery felt by the loved ones of eleven people today, but it’s telling that you choose to have a go at people who support the restrictions before you decided to acknowledge the people that have given their life to this virus.

How many times do i have to repeat myself? keep older and
    vulnerable people inside because they NEED to be protected.

Let the rest of society such as young, healthy people get outside and get back to work instead of being locked at home for no good reason.

Take your fingers out of your ears and listen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

FrStone wrote: »
    Are you sure of that?

The way he was talking on the news it came across as if the 14 day isolation is mandatory.

If its not, happy days!

The reporter that was on straight after his conference (can’t remember her name) said as much. So the guards can check up on you all they want but there’s not a thing they can do if you’re not at home. Sure how would you feed yourself? Complete unenforceable

FrStone wrote: »
    Are you sure of that?

If its not, happy days!

It's at your discretion. Stay at home, isolated in your room away from family, food left oilutside and collected from your door. If your symptoms deteriorate call for an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Says a lot about you.

A hell of a lot more than 11 people died in Ireland today. Ireland's daily death rate was 122 average for 2019. I guess if they didn't die of Covid they don't matter though.

Good to know where you stand on this...stay locked up because people die.
    Do you know the saddest funerals I've attended in the last year are those of parents of young children who have died from cancer...these people who have private health insurance aren't even getting screened at the moment. How many more of these am I going to have to go to thanks to the absolute disgrace of the current situation re cancer screening and private hospitals?
    If you don't understand that we all die at some stage, and a certain number of deaths happen worldwide every day...then I suggest you take a breath and examine life.

For the moment yes.

Should our healthcare system be better equipped to handle necessary medical testing for serious diseases? Yes absolutely, but that’s a lot different to the type
    Of restriction lifting that’s being peddled by the minority here.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

The reporter that was on straight after his conference (can’t remember her name) said as much. So the guards can check up on you all they want but there’s not a thing they can do if you’re not at home. Sure how would you feed yourself? Complete unenforceable

That's the job!!

How many times do i have to repeat myself? keep older and
    vulnerable people inside because they NEED to be protected.

Let the rest of society such as young, healthy people get outside and get back to work instead of being locked at home for no good reason.

Take your fingers out of your ears and listen.

You don't know they're healthy until they've been tested negative. Any age group could be asymptotic and carry the virus and infect others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

C'mon, what's a few dead people compared to 'reopening the economy', an economy which was in great shape pre-COVID? Very surprised the Dáil doesn't resign and let social media experts posting on social media to run our country. They'd surely have the wherewithal to bring back the good times.

You're right, when we reach a certain age, we don't die. We've eternal life. Anymore I suggest everytime someone dies in Ireland, we close up the whole country indefinitely. It's totally workable.

They are so utterly deluded if they think getting the cases down to zero is going to be a realistic goal. This is beyond parody now.

Holohan should not be anywhere near the government and giving them advice.

You should get your CV ready and send it in.

Tell them all about the coke and mentos experiment you did recently.

Stark wrote: »
    A hell of a lot more than 11 people died in Ireland today. Ireland's daily death rate was 122 average for 2019. I guess if they didn't die of Covid they don't matter though.

The other 111 can't catch cancer or have heart attack symptoms from sitting in the company of someone with cancer or having heart issues.

You're right, when we reach a certain age, we don't die. We've eternal life. Anymore I suggest everytime someone dies in Ireland, we close up the whole country indefinitely. It's totally workable.

If this disease is so irrelevant then why don’t you take yourself off to the closest nursing home and sing a few songs for the residents? They could do with the entertainment.

• Advertisement

You don't know they're healthy until they've been tested negative. Any age group could be asymptotic and carry the virus and infect others.

We need to maintain social distancing at all times. Younger people aren't going to suffer from this nearly as much as older and sick people.

Also the virus is no longer in transmission within the community. So we are now locked down sitting here because of something that is no longer spreading amongst the public.

You should get your CV ready and send it in.

Tell them all about the coke and mentos experiment you did recently.

I have a feeling you have beat me to it a VERY long time ago... :pac::pac:

My wife is a carer in a HSE care home. Her and 36 colleagues tested positive. 4 residents died from COVID. It's an infectious disease that someone with no clear symptoms can pass on. There are worse things than a few more days of lockdown. Much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

The other 111 can't catch cancer or have heart attack symptoms from sitting in the company of someone with cancer or having heart issues.

Well there’s solutions for that isn’t there? You’d prefer not to acknowledge that though because you appear to be a lockdown merchant who’s pining for the good old times of the last 10 weeks and wants it to remain indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

What’s 11 people vs millions?

We need to maintain social distancing at all times. Younger people aren't going to suffer from this nearly as much as older and sick people.

Also the virus is no longer in transmission within the community. So we are now locked down sitting here because of something that is no longer spreading amongst the public.

It's no longer spreading because of the measures being implemented. So they have to assess re and post any lockdown phase change and do things slowly. Like the plan for children in preschools to be collected from cars so parents don't mix. It's headwrecking having children home all the time, for them and us, but we'll gé there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

92% of deaths happening over the age of 65 and people think this is a reason to keep young, healthy people locked away?

17 under 44 have died

If we have antibody levels of 5%, figures they are saying

Its 0.01% death rate/99.99% survival for that group

Like death by driving a car or being eaten by a shark

I still wouldnt like to get it but id take those odds.

Would be interested in hospitalisation stats for that young age group ( under 44 )

Deaths is a pretty crap stat if alot need to be in hospital

We need to know how busy hospitals have been

Anyone have those stats?

What’s 11 people vs millions?

Would you think like that if one of them was your mother or father and it could be prevented?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭boring accountant

Oh Jesus. Should they get a state funeral?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

My wife is a carer in a HSE care home. Her and 36 colleagues tested positive. 4 residents died from COVID. It's an infectious disease that someone with no clear symptoms can pass on. There are worse things than a few more days of lockdown. Much worse.

Yeah like having mass unemployment and mountains of national debt. Thank God we've avoided that completely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement