Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I’d say it’s the media that has beaten it into the lockdown merchants. You couldn’t really blame anyone for thinking this is the worst thing imaginable as that’s what is being broadcast 24/7. My mam listens to LMFM and it’s just non stop Covid “news”. A constant stream of terror telling people you can’t see your family or the virus will get you and reminders every 10 minutes about how great nurses are.

Just to add also, it has never been in the restrictions that you can visit a vulnerable loved one. You can and should.

Spot on - you’d swear this was some flesh eating Ebola level virus compared to what it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

RobitTV wrote: »
    Certain poster on here, who has been attacking workers all week and who only cares about his personal agenda. Very sad to see someome so dismissive of a very sad story.

No shame.

No need to beat around the bust. Have the courage of your convictions and name the poster and their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

"Government advice
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said the Government advice is to wear facemasks or coverings “on busy public transport”, advice that has been reiterated by the National Transport Transport Authority, on its consumer portal Transport For Ireland.

However both the NBRU and commercial bus owners have asked for clarity on what is “busy public transport”, given that if buses are obeying current social distancing measures they are not “busy”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/nbru-and-bus-operators-call-for-clarity-on-how-workers-will-travel-1.4260079

What is this I dont even know... can we get anything right?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Spot on - you’d swear this was some flesh eating Ebola level virus compared to what it actually is.

And what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

No need to beat around the bust. Have the courage of your convictions and name the poster and their agenda.

Oh yes, i mean it's ever so hard to even begin to guess this one :pac:

• Advertisement

Because social distancing is bull**** bollixolgy when it comes to family units who live apart - if my parents haven’t had symptoms in the 2 months and neither I have, why the **** should I stand 2 meters away from them when I get to visit? This insidious bull**** is collapsing fast, a rocket launcher to crack a walnut scenario that no amount of media scare mongering will cover up for much longer.

I was fairly sure that people at this stage understood what The terms asymptomatic and Incubation period Mean. Alas it appears a few don’t understand them yet.

pjohnson wrote: »
    And what is it?

A hell of a lot less serious than the panic that ensued in March when they shut the whole country down. Back then you’d swear this virus would tear your face off and **** your mother while wearing it as a mask - hysterical bollixolgy that is only now becoming apparent. If you can’t see that, place yourself in the lockdown merchant bucket over there —>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

And what is it?

Well ebola has an 80-90% fatality rate so you're comparing kitten to an 8 foot lion in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Clearly you’ve lost the plot.

You're right. It's not imprisonment, it's 'cocooning' / 'shielding', house bound, stay at home forever. What word would you use to describe someone who can't leave thier home except for 2km exercise per day and no shop visit or travel whatsoever?

I was fairly sure that people at this stage understood what The terms asymptomatic and Incubation period Mean. Alas it appears a few don’t understand them yet.

Oh give it a rest - do you lock yourself in to your house and avoid everyone when you get a flu? If you don’t you are nothing but a hypocrite.

• Advertisement

Oh yes, i mean it's ever so hard to even begin to guess this one :pac:

Grow a pair and name them and their agenda, this thread has been civil and hasn’t needed Much moderation so far, keep it polite and I’m sure it will be fine.

Who you talking about?

A hell of a lot less serious than the panic that ensued in March when they shut the whole country down. Back then you’d swear this virus would tear your face off and **** your mother while wearing it as a mask - hysterical bollixolgy that is only now becoming apparent. If you can’t see that, place yourself in the lockdown merchant bucket over there —>

I was expecting a simple "flu" but you are at peak hysteria at the mo so that was so much better :pac:

Thanks!

Oh give it a rest - do you lock yourself in to your house and avoid everyone when you get a flu? If you don’t you are nothing but a hypocrite.

Oh there it is!

"Flu"

Thatsa BINGO

Grow a pair and name them and their agenda, this thread has been civil and hasn’t needed Much moderation so far, keep it polite and I’m sure it will be fine.

Who you talking about?

Why do you care so much? Is it someone you know?

You're right. It's not imprisonment, it's 'cocooning' / 'shielding', house bound, stay at home forever. What word would you use to describe someone who can't leave thier home except for 2km exercise per day and no shop visit or travel whatsoever?

I have no word for someone who can only go 2km, and can’t visit shops or travel.

Haven’t needed one either because the words used here are in 5km limits for exercise and travel to shops or food is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It's been 2.5 months, bit of perspective... And what do you suggest as an alternative then to cocooning the elderly? Everyone just mix with elderly in normal social settings like there is nothing going on here, and who TF is to blame then when they start dying en masse?Who's head is on the chopping block for allowing that mess? How do you think the public will react to the government for not enforcing any distancing to have even attempted to stop that from happening? I seriously dont get what the end goal of all the aggressive anti social distancing ramblings on the thread are here , like what other way is there? It's sad and sucks for everyone but it will stop thousands of people dying

I was expecting a simple "flu" but you are at peak hysteria at the mo so that was so much better :pac:

Thanks!

How is it hysterical when he's saying it's not as deadly as believed in March? It's the polar opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Breezin

Another rule on which we are soon going to be on the wrong side... From the Guardian
    Britain’s physical distancing advice to stay 2 metres from other people is a “precautionary approach” and could change to allow closer contact, top officials from Public Health England have said.

The guidance is out of line with advice in most other countries and with recommendations from the World Health Organization, which says people should stay just one metre apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Well why else would someone go for a walk other than to enjoy it? You're taking the definition of the word selfish to breaking point with this logic. I had cornflakes for breakfast this morning, for my own pleasure. Was that selfish?

I didn't make up the definition of the word.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

How is it hysterical when he's saying it's not as deadly as believed in March? It's the polar opposite.

Lockdown forever!!! We can’t have people going about as normal when someone might just catch the sniffles off someone else and it would kills them dead!!!1!!!! Stay at home, stay scared and think about how you could kill your granny you selfish bastard

Hes saying that at some point it was "Back then you’d swear this virus would tear your face off and **** your mother while wearing it as a mask"

I missed that being reported tbh.

• Advertisement

The last time I was sick, last November I stayed away from the 3 people I live with for 4 days and only used one Dedicated toilet. Those 3 have compromised immune systems and have spent numerous weeks of their lives in hospital.

None of them got what I had, or at least to any noticeable degree.

What does that make me?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    It's been 2.5 months. And what do you suggest as an alternative then? Everyone just mix with elderly like there is nothing going on here, and who TF is to blame then when they start dying en masse?Who's head is on the chopping block for allowing that mess? How do you think the public will react to the government for not enforcing any distancing to have even attempted to stop that from happening? I seriously dont get what the end goal is here , like what other way is there? It's sad and sucks for everyone but it will stop thousands of people dying

No one's saying act like nothings happening, just speed up reopening the economy in line with the rest of the continent and drop the two weeks isolation for visitors manure before it pisses off the EU.

Who you talking about?

Lawrence i'm done at this stage. This debate has always been civil up until you made ignorant remarks. But we understand, it's hard for some people to get over ignorance. That's why nobody has ever backed you up during this entire discussion. You are the lone ranger.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine. But you are really overall on here to cause problems. That's my opinion and i am entitled to that view.

End of story.

Hes saying that at some point it was "Back then you’d swear this virus would tear your face off and **** your mother while wearing it as a mask"

As great as it would to be to hear that line being read on the 6 o'clock news, you know as well as I do it wasn't meant literally.

Lawrence i'm done at this stage. This debate has always been civil up until you made ignorant remarks. But we understand, it's hard for some people to get over ignorance. That's why nobody has ever backed you up during this entire discussion. You are the lone ranger.

We can agree to disagree and that's fine. But you are really overall on here to cause problems. That's my opinion and i am entitled to that view.

End of story.

What ignorant remarks are your referring to? Is this about the old dead guy with the heart attack on the radio?

I didn’t actually say anything about him before you jumped all over something I said with your faux outrage.

Did you yeah? Did the closure of the country and all services shops etc not give you a picture that this was some illness that was gonna kill everything in its path? The 2m distancing in shops in case god forbid you came in close contact with another breathing human? And where are we now? - 26k~ infections out of 4.8 million. Continue ****ting yourself if you want, the illusion has reached game over for everyone else.

What ignorant remarks are your referring to? Is this about the old dead guy with the heart attack on the radio?

I didn’t actually say anything about him before you jumped all over something I said with your faux outrage.

"The old dead guy with the heart attack on the radio"

I don't need to even say anymore. Thanks Lawrence! :pac::pac:

I notice the ginger and lime poster is gone fierce quiet since his priorities of a piss up in Spain have come to the fore as his motivations for ending the lockdown.

Penfailed wrote: »
    I didn't make up the definition of the word.

No you're just stretching the arse out of the meaning of the word in order to berate someone for going on a walk. If she lived 5km would that make it magically okay?

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Everyone just mix with elderly in normal social settings like there is nothing going on here, and who TF is to blame then when they start dying en masse?Who's head is on the chopping block for allowing that mess?

A few hours ago it was the HSE for how they handled nursing homes. But now everyone should visit their parents and distancing is "bollìx".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement