Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Absolutely. So remind me why are we waiting until August for most of our.”roadmap”?

Because apparently Ireland is a complete outlier compared to the rest of Europe so we've to wait until August to open up right in time for a second wave come Autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    Because apparently Ireland is a complete outlier compared to the rest of Europe so we've to wait until August to open up right in time for a second wave come Autumn.

Na our government are like the dogs of Europe - “I’m the good boy, look at me, look at me LOOOK AT ME and what I’m doing NOW , IM THE GOOD BOY RUB ME NOW”.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

10,000 actual current cases is probably a reasonable estimate, all things considered.

The point being that it represents about 0.2% of the population. So the chances of the woman passing it to her father were miniscule and of him dying from it even more miniscule.

yes, at the moment. lift restrictions (or more people start ignoring them) and R_0 goes up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭prunudo

What worries me about today's announcement is that any hope about the fast forwarding of phases or sections of the roadmap have gone out the window.
    I don't see any appetite from the 3 amigos to open up the country or economy anytime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭hopalongcass

yes, at the moment. lift restrictions (or more people start ignoring them) and R_0 goes up...

Belarus wants to have a word with you.

• Advertisement

prunudo wrote: »
    What worries me about today's announcement is that any hope about the fast forwarding of phases or sections of the roadmap have gone out the window.
    I don't see any appetite from the 3 amigos to open up the country or economy anytime soon.

The clock is already ticking, early June and they will have no choice but to start getting some semblance of an economy back up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Blaze420 wrote: »
    The clock is already ticking, early June and they will have no choice but to start getting some semblance of an economy back up and running

What does 'no choice' look like? I don't share your optimism but I'd like to

cian68 wrote: »

Whats mad about all this is we have already decimated our economy for what exactly? and continuing to do so while Belarus are playing football away with only a handful of deaths.

All across Asia hardly any deaths by now,strangely enough most poor countries that can't afford the WHO bill aren't getting any 1st waves or 2nd waves coincidence i spose that that the countries with no money for the WHO have the lowest deaths.

I just hope when this is all over somebody is gonna answer for this farce and what it has done to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Penfailed

road_high wrote: »
    Guys sone of you mentioned earlier you had written to express your views to tds.
    I want to do this too, have you got a template of what you sent them perhaps?
    I think the more people that speak up now about this bankrupting horse****e the better.

You require a template?! Surely the amount of stuff you've posted on here, cut and pasted would suffice?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

No choice looks like “I didn’t get my 350 from the gubbermint today what the ****” “ how am I supposed to feed the Childers and myself when I didn’t get my payment today” “gubbermint robbin me blind lads swer to goth no moneh in today or my covid payment”. When.the money runs out it runs out - not much point borrowing anything to cover it in June if your roadmap doesn’t finish until some stage in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

"But we still think it's the right framework based on our current understanding of the virus. We are still a few short months into an experience of a transmissible illness.

"We're still experiencing very low levels of infection, all the indicators that we looked at, which gave us reason to recommend to government last Friday that now is the time to ease those restrictions, we haven't seen any worrying trend in relation to those, but it is too early to say."

Dr Holohan said that large gatherings of people as seen in the early parts of this week were "unfortunate" and said the recent rain and wind were welcome.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/cmo-too-early-to-say-if-road-map-to-reopening-society-should-be-moved-forward-1001247.html

Our politics are getting into some sort of voodoo. praying for bad weather to try to keep people indoors. Talk about getting silly. Also, few short months? tell that to social welfare dept which is running out of money by end of next month.

The good Dr has lost the plot. Laughing and joking that the rain was welcome. Unbelievable stuff really and same last week by government regarding homeware and hardware.

I don’t see any big joke that these so called experts are laughing about.

They are turning into an absolute disgrace and a total disaster for this country and it’s a huge slap in the face to the public who rebuilt our country over the last 10 years after the last almighty mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HSE Operations report for tonight.

As of 8pm there were 49 people in ICU with confirmed covid, down from 52 yesterday, unfortunately 1 death in ICU in the last 24hrs.

Likewise as of 8pm 298 patients in acute hospitals with confirmed covid.

In the last 24hrs there have been 11 cases confirmed in Irish hospitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

This is nuts:

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0522/1140111-cabinet-politics/

The leader of our country is arranging for 7 cabinet Ministers who advocate applying World Health Organisation Guidelines to speak to Tony Holohan on whether the Government could apply these guidelines.

This is nuts:

The leader of our country is arranging for 7 cabinet Ministers who advocate applying World Health Organisation Guidelines to speak to Tony Holohan on whether the Government could apply these guidelines.

Crazy really.

The leader of the country should be telling Dr Tony we are implementing this with immediate effect not looking for approval for this.

Tail is wagging the dog and it’s time for that to be stopped.

This is nuts:

"We must be led by the public health advice on this, and if the CMO, after consultation with the NPHET, believes that one metre is now acceptable, then we should implement that with all haste."

I don't think Tony will be for turning... wonder is Leo hoping a lecture from Dr. Houlihan will get these ministers to toe the line

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

prunudo wrote: »

The weeks are just passing by and nothing’s happening anyhow (bar billions down the swanny and more job losses. We’ll be past the latest ridiculous milestone long before these idiots do a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Hertz is filing for bankruptcy, probably the largest scalp thus far as a result of the crisis. Another lockdown just can't happen due to the economic risk; that is comforting in our painfully slow easing plan.

The good Dr has lost the plot. Laughing and joking that the rain was welcome. Unbelievable stuff really and same last week by government regarding homeware and hardware.

I don’t see any big joke that these so called experts are laughing about.

They are turning into an absolute disgrace and a total disaster for this country and it’s a huge slap in the face to the public who rebuilt our country over the last 10 years after the last almighty mess.

Its beyond a joke at this stage i think the whole population is drunk 24/7 and that's why they are continuing to go along with this madness.Leos warnings of payback are getting starker and starker is everyone just pissed drunk at this point and doesn't give a **** about whats coming?

Sweden no lockdown a couple k deaths,Belarus continued everything couple hundred deaths,all across Asia minimal deaths,Britain lockdown like us high deaths.

At this point the evidence clearly shows that there is no evidence of lockdown having any major effect either way,but yet on it goes free wages for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

There won't be a widely distributed vaccine for at least 2 years.

The idea that people can't visit or have a cup of tea with their parents for 2 years is just a non runner and the result of scaremongering peddled by our government and others.

The risks are minimal, as I said 0.002% of it causing a death and likely a lot less than that.

Time to get back to normality.

This is nuts:

It’s like arranging an audience with the pope. I wonder when lord Tony shall be holding court?

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    You require a template?! Surely the amount of stuff you've posted on here, cut and pasted would suffice?

Fcuk all to do with you, I wasn’t asking you or your ilk thanks.

No choice looks like when Interest rates climb on borrowings and you are locked out of money markets. The way things are even small increases could have a massive effect.
    Make no mistake, the markets are watching Ireland and making judgements on our economic future. They’re looking at the continuous dithering and reticence to reopen and will be making decisions accordingly. We are burning through cash at a rate of knots with little sign of that slowing down for months.

Hertz is filing for bankruptcy, probably the largest scalp thus far as a result of the crisis. Another lockdown just can't happen due to the economic risk; that is comforting in our painfully slow easing plan.

They employ a good few in Ireland too don’t they. If I’m sure mr Harris no degree will have plenty of pearls of wisdom for the newly unemployed staff

The risks are minimal, as I said 0.002% of it causing a death and likely a lot less than that..

and as I said, lift restrictions and R_0 goes up...

R_0 goes up, number of infected goes up, chances of having it and passing it on goes up. So the risks will be higher than you've stated. as long as we all follow the rules most of the time the risks shouldn't be too high, I don't think its time to get back to normal just yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭vid36

No country in Europe operates the WHO guidelines except you know who. Some are 2m like ourselves. Others such as Germany, France and Belgium are 1.5m. There is no chance of us moving to a less restrictive standard than Germany or France.If Tony moves, it will be to 1.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

?

Sweden no lockdown a couple k deaths,Belarus continued everything couple hundred deaths,all across Asia minimal deaths,Britain lockdown like us high deaths.

Sweden now has the highest number of deaths per capita in the world-higher than UK, USA, Italy and Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

road_high wrote: »
    They employ a good few in Ireland too don’t they. If I’m sure mr Harris no degree will have plenty of pearls of wisdom for the newly unemployed staff

Does he really have no degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Just after spotting this in the Irish mirror, not seeing any other outlets with the quotes so pinch of salt of course but regardless , Simon does love getting rid of any optimism people have, while also destroying multiple industries. But if theres flights running theres nothing to stop anyone actually going on holidays in say July.
    Leo gives some optimism suggesting schools could go back or flights to resume, then simon or the cmo come along and say the opposite.

The Health Minister told the Irish Mirror trips to the sun before September are “highly unlikely for public health reasons”.

Simon Harris added “it won’t be today or tomorrow” before we can look forward to heading away again

and as I said, lift restrictions and R_0 goes up...

R_0 goes up, number of infected goes up, chances of having it and passing it on goes up. So the risks will be higher than you've stated. as long as we all follow the rules most of the time the risks shouldn't be too high, I don't think its time to get back to normal just yet though

It’s long overdue that we get back to normal.

The risk is still going to be the same if we open up tomorrow/next week,next month and so on.

People need to accept this and this message needs to be explained to people and less of the secondwave bullsh1t were listening to for the last two weeks.

The virus is not just going to decide on 10 August that it won’t infect anybody new.

The only reason to be waiting for a date is if you can be 100% certain that there is zero cases and with this virus that can’t be even near guaranteed

How people don’t understand this is the scary thing.

• Advertisement

vid36 wrote: »
    No country in Europe operates the WHO guidelines except you know who. Some are 2m like ourselves. Others such as Germany, France and Belgium are 1.5m. There is no chance of us moving to a less restrictive standard than Germany or France.If Tony moves, it will be to 1.5m

What do you think, Father Crilly?

Sorry, what?

Do you think a close relationship with the community is desirable, or should a certain distance be maintained?

Yes, er, good question.
    Well, you know, I think we should involve the community but keep them at a distance.

How much of a distance?

Couple of metres?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement