Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Oh god, that looney professor from UCC is on with Matt Cooper on Virgin again. Masked up. And there he is fiddling away with the mask with his hands. Loon.

Why the fcuk is he still getting air time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

xtal191 wrote: »
    Lidl Belgard road were selling boxes of them at the tills, 50 masks for around €43 maybe other Lidls have them too, loads of them there on Friday.

Individually wrapped?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Why the fcuk is he still getting air time

Eccentric people can be good for ratings. Be good to see him back in say October/November and see what he has to say then.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

the kelt wrote: »

But at the same time it’s a fact that the powers that be have absolutely scared the sh1te out of half the population to the stage they dont want to go back to schools, offices etc. and what’s worse they continue to do so. I mean dr Tony was only a few days ago literally saying positivity is not a good thing, Harris continues to warn all and sundry every chance he gets.

Any hint of positivity is shot down by Dr Cervical check and Harris in particular, to be fair to Leo I think he’s a little bit more aware of the need to wind back the fear.

I couldn’t believe it while watching the RTE news at 6 today. One of their reporters was actually reading out a survey saying that “thankfully” over 60% of the population think we are not over the worst and are now expecting a second wave compared to just 40% last week. He was very proud in stating this too.
    It’s like they constantly have to wipe out any little glimmer of optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭plodder

Arghus wrote: »
    They're actually very informative. And there's a lot of questions every day: it's not all one way cheerleading for the DOH and the HSE. Plenty of questions today regarding the social distancing guidelines and the further easing of restrictions.

I think if more regular posters in the thread watched them they might be a bit more informed.
    I watched it today for the first time. The questioning is kind of formal and deferential. The journalist asks the question, and TH answers, but no follow-up or real hard questioning like politicians would get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭plodder

helpful wrote: »
    The constant touching of the mask is just making him look ridiculous
    I saw that - not a great ad for mask wearing in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Come on the TV and be smug because he wears a mask and obviously the first time he ever did as he has made a right arse of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Retro.

It was too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

plodder wrote: »
    I watched it today for the first time. The questioning is kind of formal and deferential. The journalist asks the question, and TH answers, but no follow-up or real hard questioning like politicians would get.

Agree 100% very going through the motions style

Journalists playing it safe for now....TH getting it all too easy IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The mood was a bit more upbeat today, no deaths took the edge off. Journalists were a bit more relaxed. But generally speaking Paul Cullen from The Irish Times and David Quinn - who is a bit of an ejit - from the Sunday Times seem to always want to get under Tony's skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I saw that - not a great ad for mask wearing in general.

The mask doesn’t fit him - everytime he speaks, it rides up his face and his chin sticks out underneath :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

CorkFenian wrote: »
    Agree 100% very going through the motions style

Journalists playing it safe for now....TH getting it all too easy IMHO

Agree and TH has batted away questions without follow ups. Critical questions like what is the R rate when we exclude the clusters in meat plants and nursing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yes! They called him out on touching the mask - he’s talking crap now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

leahyl wrote: »
    The mask doesn’t fit him - everytime he speaks, it rides up his face and his chin sticks out underneath :-P

He looked completely idiotic and if he was trying to get people on board with his ideas he didn’t do a very good job. An irritating level of smug off him that the mask couldn’t hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

They're sitting much closer together on Claire Byrne than on Tonight Show.

Edit: could be camera zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

YFlyer wrote: »
    They're sitting much closer together on Claire Byrne than on Tonight Show.

Edit: could be camera zoom.

Has Ben Dunne suggested tax discrepancies by multinationals or have I been smoking something potent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

That scientist on Virgin with the mask on and fiddling around with it is some fruitcake.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

RobitTV wrote: »
    That scientist on Virgin with the mask on and fiddling around with it is some fruitcake.

Have seen many people like him out in public lol. Saw a guy in Dunnes pull down his mask to put his debit card in his mouth after paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Have seen many people like him out in public lol. Saw a guy in Dunnes pull down his mask to put his debit card in his mouth after paying.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JoeA3 wrote: »
    He looked completely idiotic and if he was trying to get people on board with his ideas he didn’t do a very good job. An irritating level of smug off him that the mask couldn’t hide.

These fruit loops have a vested interest in keeping all this going. None of us ever heard of these lot pre covid or wanted to. It means more pay cheque and funding for them and their peers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

You actually couldn't make it up :pac::pac::pac: hahah

If i see one more person driving a car while wearing a mask and having the window closed i'm going to give up on humanity.

Kileen gunning for Covid free status. Must be a few bob in it for the Irish virology research community in this- Ireland a poster child worldwide= greater standing for them

Poor aul Kingston Mills looks like death warmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭prunudo

RobitTV wrote: »

Just watching it on +1 now. Absolutely comical, besides the fact wearing a mask with a beard will reduce its effectiveness straight away.
    Prof Killeen should head back to Tanzania and worry about Malaria and ebola.

Just curious, do theses 'experts' get paid for their appearances on tv or radio shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Gael23 wrote: »
    I think it will all unravel in phase 3. Any pub that serves food will be open in June 29th under the guise of a restaurant. That’s going to open the floodgates

Could crisps on a plate pass as food?

prunudo wrote: »
    Just watching it on +1 now. Absolutely comical, besides the fact wearing a mask with a beard will reduce its effectiveness straight away.

Me too. Why didn’t Killeen stay in Tanzania? Fcukin hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Agree and TH has batted away questions without follow ups. Critical questions like what is the R rate when we exclude the clusters in meat plants and nursing homes.

I only catch them occasionally but I think (?) I saw that one asked & answered a few days ago by someone on one of those press conferences. Said it was the same in community and in those settings. Can't prove this for you though/don't have a "link" so take it as you will.

...Also just a comment on "why don't the journalists really attack them hard + be awkward" sentiment, don't think it would be very useful. It is not a political debate show provided for our "infotainment" and they are not politicians.

Doubt they would cope with it well (which I'm sure most here would love). The information content would suffer. I think most posting regularly here couldn't give a crap of course - they would just enjoy watching a journalist putting the boot in/doing a Jeremy Paxman type job on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

road_high wrote: »
    These fruit loops have a vested interest in keeping all this going. None of us ever heard of these lot pre covid or wanted to. It means more pay cheque and funding for them and their peers

That be like what a climate change denier would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

These people need to make a name for themselves before everyone gets bored

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    That be like what a climate change denier what say.

Where did I say the virus didn’t exist? Feel free to disagree with me but please don't make up ridiculous analogies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement