Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Channel hopped to RTE1 there, positive as usual, second wave is in the post..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    These people need to make a name for themselves before everyone gets bored

Funding is the name of the game sir

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

[PHP][/PHP]
    hamburgham wrote: »
    Could crisps on a plate pass as food?

between two slices of white bread no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Gael23 wrote: »
    I think it will all unravel in phase 3. Any pub that serves food will be open in June 29th under the guise of a restaurant. That’s going to open the floodgates

The important thing is that if you HAVE to get it, at least keep your dose of the virus small. That is a crucial point. The larger the dose of the virus you're exposed to together the worse it seems to be. That's why so many health practitioners, often even ones that are young and healthy, are dying from it.

The worst thing would be to be really assiduous for a while and then all of a suddenly to go out and go to the barbers and in trains and everywhere you will be exposed to people who might have it and a new dose every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Give me strength honestly. The extreme scaremongering is disgusting. What a fruitcake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

RobitTV wrote: »
    You actually couldn't make it up :pac::pac::pac: hahah

If i see one more person driving a car while wearing a mask and having the window closed i'm going to give up on humanity.

Afair, you are not meant to fiddle with it after you put it on and you are meant to wash your hands after you take it off (...that sentence is a bit carry on film-ish :pac:)

So if you put it on to go shopping, you probably would end up driving home with it still on (+ taking it off when you get home) if following these directions.

Give me strength honestly. The extreme scaremongering is disgusting. What a fruitcake.

Reminds me of the UCD science department years ago. There’s honestly a lot of crazy stereotypical science types going around- often on the spectrum with desperate social skills. Really ignorant and blunt as a young 1st year was a little bit of a shock. Killeen would be no different. Belligerent and full of his own self importance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

road_high wrote: »
    Where did I say the virus didn’t exist? Feel free to disagree with me but please don't make up ridiculous analogies

Didn't say you are denying the virus exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HSE Operations report released. Stats as of 8pm. Hosptial numbers continue the recent downward trend.

48 covid confirmed patients currently in ICU.

288 covid confirmed cases across the acute hospital system.

14 cases diagnosed in hospitals in the last 24hrs, 6 of which were reported from Mullingar.

975 vacant beds across the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The comments there are hilarious. Send him back to Africa. lol.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Didn't say you are denying the virus exist.

You compared me to a climate change denier in the context of covid19. So it amounts to the same thing. Else your post makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

That gob****e is actually a disgrace. From the way he is sitting with his elbows propped up like that, the cheap polo shirt and the smug pauses before he answers like he is some kind of oracle.
    Was there at least some kind of challenge from Cooper as to his justification for his smug 'predictions'?

That's without even mentioning the embarrassing fiddling with the mask. What's he trying to prove by being the only person going on national TV with (an ineffective) mask? Such an attention seeking look-at-me move.

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The comments there are hilarious. Send him back to Africa. lol.

Why did he come back? Travel is very “risky”, Surely if he was so fcukin worried he wouldn’t be rushing back here? Son or not

That gob****e is actually a disgrace. From the way he is sitting with his elbows propped up like that, the cheap polo shirt and the smug pauses before he answers like he is some kind of oracle.
    Was there at least some kind of challenge from Cooper as to his justification for his smug 'predictions'?

That's without even mentioning the embarrassing fiddling with the mask. What's he trying to prove by being the only person going on national TV with (an ineffective) mask? Such an attention seeking look-at-me move.

Cooper was afraid to challenge him. Where the fcuk is Ivan?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I think they do every second night. Pity indeed that it wasn’t Ivan.

Still, even with Matt at the helm, it’s not as bad as the travesty of a Claire Byrne show.

You compared me to a climate change denier in the context of covid19. So it amounts to the same thing. Else your post makes no sense

Scientists worth their salt give information according to known facts.

He did ask him.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Scientists worth their salt give information according to known facts.

And again, Who said they didn’t? You’re like Nphet, moving the goalposts- just admit you’re wrong and move on like a good grown up

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

That's why so many health practitioners, often even ones that are young and healthy, are dying from it.

This is patently untrue. There are no reports, that I am aware of, of "so many" young and healthy health care professionals dying from this here. Can you please provide some evidence for this claim

• Advertisement

And again, Who said they didn’t? You’re like Nphet, moving the goalposts- just admit you’re wrong and move on like a good grown up

It's not just for funding. He said he was making a statement given reference to Singapore. Did admit he was not perfect in handling the mask.

redved wrote: »
    This is patently untrue. There are no reports, that I am aware of, of "so many" young and healthy health care professionals dying from this here. Can you please provide some evidence for this claim

They tend to get a larger load of the virus and the body can't cope with the inevitable cytokine storm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

You actually couldn't make it up :pac::pac::pac: hahah

If i see one more person driving a car while wearing a mask and having the window closed i'm going to give up on humanity.

In Dunnes in thurles today.woman wearing mask around her neck.project fear running amoak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

boggerman1 wrote: »
    In Dunnes in thurles today.woman wearing mask around her neck.project fear running amoak.

F*** sake, this is what the hysterical media stories have done to some people :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

This reminds me of the time the BBC accidentally interviewed Guy Coma about an Apple lawsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

If Ireland and countries like Ireland are reopening it means that the original strategy has failed. We are lifting restrictions because we simply can't sustain them any longer either economically or otherwise and not because they have "worked".

They can only be considered to have worked if either the virus has been eradicated (it has not), a vaccine has become available (it has not), or drugs have been developed that render the illness due to covid-19 relatively harmless (they have not).

Had any of these things happened, the restrictions could have been justified on the basis that we were holding out until they happened. Since we don't know when these things will happen, all we can really say is that we have brought things back to an earlier stage of the outbreak, but nothing yet has really been solved. At the moment we are just rolling back on an earlier overreaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Shame on Virgin Media for giving this loon airtime. First day in months with no deaths and this is what they put on our screens? Give people a break ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Travelled 7km yesterday in the car to walk 15 mins up a hill in the countryside. I watched an amazing sunset and it felt good.... Really good.
    First time I have broken the perimeter apart from to go shopping.
    I'll be doing more of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Travelled 7km yesterday in the car to walk 15 mins up a hill in the countryside. I watched an amazing sunset and it felt good.... Really good.
    First time I have broken the perimeter apart from to go shopping.
    I'll be doing more of that.

Thats how it starts.;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Detailed breakdown of the public opinion survey from today and the ones from before that too:

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/6b4401-view-the-amarach-public-opinion-survey/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement