Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Will there still be diving and rolling around even with no crowd?

Watched some old WC games from the 80's and it was amazing how much better soccer was without the modern play acting. Can't watch the modern game.

Think I will lie in the garden and listen to some nice music and watch the birds flying around.

It's definitely worse now, but, Jürgen Klinsmann invented modern play acting in the 80's. WC Final v Argies in 90 his pièce de résistance. Claudio '10x rolls' Caniggia v Cameroon another highlight from the same Finals too.

Irl v USSR from 74(? Don Givens hat-trick) was on TV the other evening. Packed Dalymount. Wonderful. Red card for Terry Mancini for fisticuffs and blood with Soviet. The Soviet was defo making the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Fair play to Germany showing us the way forward. They really are the only competent nation in the EU.

I am surprised France is acting like the slowest kid in the class in comparison. I expected better from Macaroni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Fully agreed. All the places that can seat people outdoors SHOULD seat people outdoors and serve food & drinks.

So many studies coming out saying you are 18 times more likely to get covid from indoors than outdoors.

Some Japan or China study came out with 299 out of 300 infections sampled were infected from indoor setting.

Weather we are having this week will be un real 20 degrees + every day. Sunny. This is it. As one poster said "carnage"

The biggest risk is sunburn. Factor 30 folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

We should use this Saturday's great weather as our own form of protest like they did in Spain.

Everyone who is healthy and while maintaining social distancing should travel and go enjoy themselves in the hot weather and ignore the hysterical curtain twitchers who will be out in force that day like the CIA.

If a great mass of people enjoy the outdoors on Saturday, the pressure will build on the government and we will be one step closer to ending this nonsense.

When closed businesses see the amount customers they are missing. They will speak out and there will be uproar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

I am surprised France is acting like the slowest kid in the class in comparison. I expected better from Macaroni

Schools opened yesterday.

But he is not strong politically so probably more cautious than he needs to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I've already arranged a BBQ for the Saturday and invited some friends and family around.

Time to start getting the country back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I've already arranged a BBQ for the Saturday and invited some friends and family around.

Time to start getting the country back to normal.

Pull the other one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Really great view on this Gran Canaria webcam. I hope this might cheer some people up. Spain is getting back to normal and they have the weather hotting up now.

Webcam

RobitTV wrote: »
    Really great view on this Gran Canaria webcam. I hope this might cheer some people up. Spain is getting back to normal and they have the weather hotting up now.

Webcam

OMG WOW. that looks awesome.

That made up my mind - gonna go to German beer gardens in mid July. Germans deserve our tourism for their courageous opening of their country and EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

OMG WOW. that looks awesome.

That made up my mind - gonna go to German beer gardens in mid July. Germans deserve our tourism for their courageous opening of their country and EU.
    Just ................ don't mention the war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Webcam

Excellent. We should have been there a couple of weeks ago :(:(
    Will be keeping an eye on somewhere for July maybes - if the 14 day quarantine is lifted here that is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,302 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Now, now - Mammy Harris, doesn't want anyone going on holiday this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I've driven near on 2000km since last Monday and I haven't met a single checkpoint.

The main routes around Cork are very busy now. The N40 is running at ~60% of usual traffic volumes. It's noticeably quieter in the evenings though - no travel to Mahon Point or any leisure trips.

It'll be interesting to see what they plan for the BH weekend.

If it goes to 20km next week enforcement will be non existent if this is the enforcement of 5km. It'll effectively be guidance rather than a rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Nice weekend coming, BBQ, lake swim, craic and few beers after, fun YES!. Irrational fear and misery NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Now, now - Mammy Harris, doesn't want anyone going on holiday this year.

Well I have news for Mammy Harris :cool:

Kivaro wrote: »
    Just ................ don't mention the war.

Yes, Luftwaffe is my favourite German word. I ll need to bite my tongue :pac: (because it reminds me of waffles)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Germany finalise 9 billion deal with Lufthansa, taking 20% of the company, and immediately demand travel all over Europe is opened up. No coincidence here at all, no sir.

The German government is normally very conservative so don't understand the eagerness to lift travel restrictions, when Europe is far from out of the woods yet. Comes across as a bit arrogant by the Germans, we want to go on holiday abroad and no-one will stop us. This could blow up in their faces with a lot of imported cases. Air travel is the highest risk category for spreading covid 19. But with the right conditions and protocols they might be able to minimise infections.

Have you not answered your own question there? They've been spot on in their approach to the vast majority of aspects so far

• Registered Users Posts: 19,409 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Really is sad to see that the weather is going to be cracking for the next few days and over the weekend and all the shops are going to be closed and not making any sales.

Especially in coastal towns where business could be thriving in this hot weather. It really feels pointless at this stage to keep strangling the economy.

People are going to go to the beach and that's the end of it. Just open the small cafes and shops and let them earn a living.

The season is so short and crap in Ireland that these good times are their lifeline. But alas no, nanny state says no. You might lick a 99 and kill yourself or granny

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dovies wrote: »
    Excellent. We should have been there a couple of weeks ago :(:(
    Will be keeping an eye on somewhere for July maybes - if the 14 day quarantine is lifted here that is

There is no 14 day quarantine here. Its law to fill in the form that's it , the rest is guidance

marno21 wrote: »
    I've driven near on 2000km since last Monday and I haven't met a single checkpoint.

The main routes around Cork are very busy now. The N40 is running at ~60% of usual traffic volumes. It's noticeably quieter in the evenings though - no travel to Mahon Point or any leisure trips.

It'll be interesting to see what they plan for the BH weekend.

If it goes to 20km next week enforcement will be non existent if this is the enforcement of 5km. It'll effectively be guidance rather than a rule.

Good to all.

• Advertisement

Webcam

I love the canaries! Soon as Aer Lingus get running again I must look into booking

Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio on Tuesday called for a joint relaunch of European tourism in mid-June, referring to the day that borders open again as being a new "D-Day."

"Let's work together so that on June 15 Europe can start anew. June 15, is a day for tourism, a little bit like European D-Day," Di Maio said in a television interview, referring to Germany's draft paper to lift the worldwide travel warning.

"Germany is looking at a deadline of June 15 to reopen. We are working with Austria and we will work with other European countries," he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tony must have his rosary beads worn down to a nub praying for rain this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

It's definitely worse now, but, Jürgen Klinsmann invented modern play acting in the 80's. WC Final v Argies in 90 his pièce de résistance. Claudio '10x rolls' Caniggia v Cameroon another highlight from the same Finals too.

Irl v USSR from 74(? Don Givens hat-trick) was on TV the other evening. Packed Dalymount. Wonderful. Red card for Terry Mancini for fisticuffs and blood with Soviet. The Soviet was defo making the most of it.

But the actual football now is so much better.
    That goes for most sports.

The diving is a problem because it isn't punished. Italian football is nigh on unwatchable because of it.

Spain also calling for an EU wide opening of borders when the time comes.

"Gonzalez Laya said that EU member states should agree to a common approach when opening borders and reestablishing freedom of travel within the EU's Schengen Area. Restarting cross-border travel should be decided collectively, even if countries are phasing out lockdowns at different dates, she told Cadena SER radio.

"We have to start working with our European partners to retake the freedom of movement in European territories,"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Spain also calling for an EU wide opening of borders when the time comes.

"Gonzalez Laya said that EU member states should agree to a common approach when opening borders and reestablishing freedom of travel within the EU's Schengen Area. Restarting cross-border travel should be decided collectively, even if countries are phasing out lockdowns at different dates, she told Cadena SER radio.

"We have to start working with our European partners to retake the freedom of movement in European territories,"

Mr Tony won't like to hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio on Tuesday called for a joint relaunch of European tourism in mid-June, referring to the day that borders open again as being a new "D-Day."

"Let's work together so that on June 15 Europe can start anew. June 15, is a day for tourism, a little bit like European D-Day," Di Maio said in a television interview, referring to Germany's draft paper to lift the worldwide travel warning.

"Germany is looking at a deadline of June 15 to reopen. We are working with Austria and we will work with other European countries," he said.

June 15 should be a European bank holiday

Mr Tony won't like to hear this

How dare elected EU politicians speak above St Tonys head?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

Professor Karol Sikora (@ProfKarolSikora) Tweeted:
    Really encouraging to read Dr María Neira, the WHO Director for Public Health, say their models are showing a second wave being increasingly ruled out.

Caution required, but she thinks that the virus will have a hard time surviving.

The most optimistic the WHO have been!

Bit of positivity

• Advertisement

Good news from Italy with cases still on the downwards trend

Italy reports 397 new cases and 78 deaths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement