Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Leo and his mates want us to be good Europeans when it suits their cause .
    This time around he wants us to act on our own regarding opening the country .
    We are either part of the European club or not .
    August 10th is way to late to be fully reopening .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Professor Karol Sikora (@ProfKarolSikora) Tweeted:
    Really encouraging to read Dr María Neira, the WHO Director for Public Health, say their models are showing a second wave being increasingly ruled out.

Caution required, but she thinks that the virus will have a hard time surviving.

The most optimistic the WHO have been!

Bit of positivity

Now now. Have these people not heard of Dr Killeen?
    The WHO need to start watching Virgin one of a night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Leo and his mates want us to be good Europeans when it suits their cause .
    This time around he wants us to act on our own regarding opening the country .
    We are either part of the European club or not .
    August 10th is way to late to be fully reopening .

Even worse he wants us to be aligned with the U.K.

Now, now - Mammy Harris, doesn't want anyone going on holiday this year.

Mammy Harris Lol. He’s more non binary self identifying parent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Professor Karol Sikora (@ProfKarolSikora) Tweeted:
    Really encouraging to read Dr María Neira, the WHO Director for Public Health, say their models are showing a second wave being increasingly ruled out.

Caution required, but she thinks that the virus will have a hard time surviving.

The most optimistic the WHO have been!

Bit of positivity

Just after reading the full article, an optimistic read. They seem to be coming around to the theory that it's just dying out, most countries regardless of how tough the restrictions were seem to have hit peak in roughly the same timeframe.

There hasn't been a resurgence of note where restrictions have been lifted, small numbers of cases yes but nothing resembling a surge or 2nd wave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

The news is now getting so bad for Tony Holohan and the misery merchants they are calling for an emergency rosary bead service to be held at 8pm tonight to pray for rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I've already arranged a BBQ for the Saturday and invited some friends and family around.

Time to start getting the country back to normal.

Wow, some really brave people on here. Stuff it to them, man.

Like the brave lads that went to Cheltenham. Fair play to them.

Like everyone else I hope it's over, but I'm not convinced. Wait until all the brave lads get out and about there getting the country back to normal. That should be good. What are your plans for the second surge lads? I suppose once you've had your Summer barbeque and all that, sure who cares. Don't forget to do plenty of shouting while you're at it, they say that really helps. Especially Granny, as she's a bit hard of hearing.

Fair play to ye all the same, takes some guts to stand up to the nanny state, and the grannies. Ye're some men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

There is a huge pharmaceutical plant near here.
    Fully operational throughout this crisis.
    Over 700 staff working shifts.
    Not one has been infected.
    Presumably those staff interact with hundreds more everytime they leave the site.
    Yet they have zero infections.

This site is not unique.
    Around the country similar businesses considered vital continue .

Defense Force barracks and Navy ships are further examples. A local Non For Profit Home Help company ploughs on and all their staff remain covid free thankfully.

And yet the staff in these situations arent falling like ten pins . Good hygiene, distancing where possible and proper cough etiquette - common sense measures have kept them safe.

If the above is not confirmation that well intentioned lockdown measures turned out to over the top , then I dont think anything. Is.

RobitTV wrote: »
    The news is now getting so bad for Tony Holohan and the misery merchants they are calling for an emergency rosary bead service to be held at 8pm tonight to pray for rain.

All whilst social distancing I hope?

Like everyone else I hope it's over, but I'm not convinced. Wait until all the brave lads get out and about there getting the country back to normal. That should be good. What are your plans for the second surge lads? I suppose once you've had your Summer barbeque and all that, sure who cares. Don't forget to do plenty of shouting while you're at it, they say that really helps. Especially Granny, as she's a bit hard of hearing.

Fair play to ye all the same, takes some guts to stand up to the nanny state, and the grannies. Ye're some men.

Clutches at straws...

• Advertisement

No deaths today in Northern Ireland. Yay ! Virus is definitely slowing down , very very positive news

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

So the entire European continent is wrong, but only Ireland figured it all out? We're so much more informed than all of Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

This whole accusing everyone of being a granny killer thing is getting really predictable and really old.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    This whole accusing everyone of being a granny killer thing is getting really predictable and really old.

Yes we’re all granny killers- that’s a given for anyone that wants sanity to return!

Anyone who even thinks about going outside is clearly a mass murderer and a granny killer....yawn....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

road_high wrote: »
    Yes we’re all granny killers- that’s a given for anyone that wants sanity to return!

It’s a boring, over dramatic and lazy argument. There must surely be other valid reasons why people want restrictions eased more quickly.
    We can’t all just be hell bent on wiping out the elderly for the lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Same can be said for labeling anyone who thinks the restrictions are being lifted at the right pace as curtain twitchers etc.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    It’s a boring, over dramatic and lazy argument. There must surely be other valid reasons why people want restrictions eased more quickly.
    We can’t all just be hell bent on wiping out the elderly for the lols.

To be honest I see a pattern on Social media - overweight, not very healthy or well educated women are the ones you hear and see most likely to be screaming the death card. Course I know it’s completely non politically correct to say any of this, but it’s very much my observation. No correlation between personal responsibility and ones health going on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Same can be said for labeling anyone who thinks the restrictions are being lifted at the right pace as curtain twitchers etc.

Or claiming people want a permanent lockdown

Or claiming people want a permanent lockdown

Many do - what else does a shutdown until “we eradicate this virus” mean? and I regularly see that sentiment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Many do - what else does a shutdown until “we eradicate this virus” mean? and I regularly see that sentiment

That's every bit as much a reductive and tedious argument as saying many people want the elderly to die because they're saying "open up now". You know fine well it's more nuanced than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

To be honest I see a pattern on Social media - overweight, not very healthy or well educated women are the ones you hear and see most likely to be screaming the death card. Course I know it’s completely non politically correct to say any of this, but it’s very much my observation. No correlation between personal responsibility and ones health going on

Ive noticed this too across social media i always look at the comments when anything slightly positive is put up,yesterday it was the Irish hairdresser federation looking to open early and today its going from 2m to 1m ,majority of comments are from "stay at home mums" etc ,the number one thing is "people are dying dont do anything",i seen one comment were a woman said "the virus is just taking a nap we need to stick with the lockdown incase it wakes up again" :confused:

I can't stop watching this fantastic video. Spain is awake!

Madrid protests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

It's the same on this site. Gradually over the past month or so those in favour of lockdown have revealed themselves to have skin in the game, either personally or through a relative.

Ive noticed this too across social media i always look at the comments when anything slightly positive is put up,yesterday it was the Irish hairdresser federation looking to open early and today its going from 2m to 1m ,majority of comments are from "stay at home mums" etc ,the number one thing is "people are dying dont do anything",i seen one comment were a woman said "the virus is just taking a nap we need to stick with the lockdown incase it wakes up again" :confused:

Yep it’s a fact. These people’s main experience of the “economy “ is the trip to the post office to hand in a social welfare card and go to Tesco to spend it.
    It’s irrelevant to them how or why that money appears as successive governments never questioned this carry on or dared threaten it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

polesheep wrote: »
    It's the same on this site. Gradually over the past month or so those in favour of lockdown have revealed themselves to have skin in the game, either personally or through a relative.

That isn't true. It's like a lot of the made up fairy stories you read on this thread.

Yep it’s a fact. These people’s main experience of the “economy “ is the trip to the post office to hand in a social welfare card and go to Tesco to spend it.
    It’s irrelevant to them how or why that money appears as successive governments never questioned this carry on or dared threaten it

1000% true (+1000) to this post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Arghus wrote: »
    That isn't true. It's like a lot of the made up fairy stories you read on this thread.

Correct. Apologies, I should have said some.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

That's every bit as much a reductive and tedious argument as saying many people want the elderly to die because they're saying "open up now".You know fine well it's more nuanced than that.

You see, the thing is, I don't think he does.

• Advertisement

Breaking:

37 new confirmed cases

9 further Covid19 related deaths in Ireland

(37 new cases of covid is the lowest daily total since March 13th)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement