Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭growleaves

"It is, of course, terrible that we have such a higher death toll at our elderly care homes, and there are lessons to be learned for those who work in these institutions."

Deaths in nursing homes. I think you'll find that Norway, Denmark, Finland didn't have a huge number of nursing home deaths. Case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    No one gives a **** about Ron Paul. Please stop dragging him up

You keep dragging it up, it was hours ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

Hurrache wrote: »
    It wasn't, you knew what you were at, pathetic.

We crossed swords plenty of times and you didn't try once to call me lovie, 'generally', once. What a joke to claim otherwise, a shambles to use it, nevermind try explain its use away.

And what about you calling me plank and inferring someone else was a Nazi? Get off your high horse and look at your own posts. It's overemotional tosh.

Goldengirl wrote: »

I will keep dragging it up. More than glad to bring up your ridiculous posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭vafankillar

anyone know if any places in town with decent stationary sections are open? is there any office supply shop open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

And what about you calling me plank and inferring someone else was a Nazi? Get off your high horse and look at your own posts. It's overemotional tosh.

Second example in quick succession of you being blatantly wrong, on top of the ones from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

ZX7R wrote: »
    Interestingly in the dail today when leo was questioned about the covid payment been adjusted,he replied that will be for the new government to decide.
    Even the two meters thing is to go before cabinet on Friday I would not be surprised to see it changed as it has very little support in government and opposition.
    Looking at the time scale of our road map to open up it, you would have to wonder if it had in some way been enacted to give time for a new government to be formed.

Yeah ultimately the 2m thing is for cabinet, the CMO has been saying the last few days it's not a hard rule just a guidance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Why does it feel like some are energised by more people dying?

Second example in quick succession of you being blatantly wrong, on top of the ones from today.

Sorry got you mixed up with someone else. My mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Arghus wrote: »
    Even Sam McConkey mentions that 100 000 figure in terms of it being an absolute worst case nightmare, but probably unlikely figure.

In that article Harris doesn't say he agrees that's a possible death toll.

He gives his tacit agreement by mentioning them and the "possiblity is very real" comment.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

No lads, because 100,000 didn’t die, the lockdown was pointless and achieved nothing.

Knowing what we know now worst case would have been 30,000, best case 10,000 without restrictions. With distancing only , best case would have been something like where Sweden are heading at 500 deaths per week.

We did not know that in early March though. And even so, the swedes are now protesting to go onto lockdown
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1287304/sweden-protests-coronavirus-death-toll-herd-immunity-Europe-covid19-news

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Why does it feel like some are energised by more people dying?
    They're not, this is known.

Because we looked down, ya shower of virus deniers !

Ah, a plea to emotion, love it.
    What exactly is a virus denier?

Cool down a bit lovie. You accused him of getting news from neo Nazi sources which is essentially the same thing. Please don't backtrack especially when you have several outbursts to your name already

Don't call me that .
    As I said he quoted from a source who is less than reputable , and that publication is what we were discussing, not him personally.
    You row in afterwards with no reason except to stir up a subject you had no part in , and accuse me of calling him a nazi !
    If anyone should be apologising it is you , for your address,and for your inaccurate posts .

JRant wrote: »
    Ah, a plea to emotion, love it.
    What exactly is a virus denier?

It's par for the course for him/her I was called a plank and another poster was called a Nazi.

Who wouldn't have seen such an impotent response to someone with a user name implying the person is a woman.

I guarantee you wouldn't try that sexist **** with someone with a different user name, nor a woman outside of the internet. An absolute pathetic person to use such a phrase.

Coming to something when women are belittled on this thread ,just because they disagree with the poster .
    Do I have to change my user name ?

He gives his tacit agreement by mentioning them and the "possiblity is very real" comment.

Possibility is real =/= going to happen

Coming to something when women are belittled on this thread ,just because they disagree with the poster .
    Do I have to change my user name ?

It's a bit rich you getting offended when you've called people Nazis and myself a plank. Or does it only matter when your precious feelings are hurt. Really it's sexist of ye to assume lovie is meant for a woman.

growleaves wrote: »
    Deaths in nursing homes. I think you'll find that Norway, Denmark, Finland didn't have a huge number of nursing home deaths. Case closed.

Sweden does and rising..

• Advertisement

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

“Lads there is this new virus that looks like it’s killing 2% of those infected, what do we do”

“Do you have clear evidence for this 2%”

“Well it’s an evolving situation, might be lower or higher”

“Nonsense, I dismiss thee as you have no evidence, come back to me if 100,000 people die to prove your theory”

It's a bit rich you getting offended when you've called people Nazis and myself a plank. Or does it only matter when your precious feelings are hurt. Really it's sexist of ye to assume lovie is meant for a woman.

So you go around calling everyone lovie?
    Good luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Arghus wrote: »
    One person mentioned that figure as his absolute worst case scenario. I don't accept that was a widely predicted likely figure at time - you think differently, fine.

We disagree.

73 cases today. But the danger is how quickly it spreads and how little immunity there is and that it is many times more dangerous than regular flu.

You called me out on it - twice - as if I just made up the number - thats what a frightened Irish public was told - it is playing out like a bad flu - the death rate is not 2% , nevermind the 20% or 10% I have seen quoted on boards , some experts believe it could even be under .1% and that is on par with flu.

Sorry got you mixed up with someone else. My mistake

Now who is gettingall emotional, lol!

So you go around calling everyone lovie?
    Good luck with that!

Do you go around calling everyone a plank or a Nazi? Good luck! If you can't take it don't dish it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

HSE operations report for today just released.

A mixed bag really but overall still quite steady.

As of 8pm 233 confirmed cases in acute hospitals, up from 218 yesterday, but still a major drop from Monday when it was at 288.

As of 18:30 48 confirmed cases in ICU, which is the same as yesterday. Was expecting this to be higher after the CMOs comments earlier.

Only 5 cases confirmed in Irish hospitals in the last 24hrs

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Alright keep hyperventilating in your little corner so I really couldn't care less.
    I suppose you struggle with numbers when you can't realize 30 deaths out of every grocery worker in America is absolutely non existent so maybe keep the petty digs at a minimum like a good lad.
    Cool down a bit lovie. You accused him of getting news from neo Nazi sources which is essentially the same thing. Please don't backtrack especially when you have several outbursts to your name already
    Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,505 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

thebaz wrote: »
    You called me out on it - twice - as if I just made up the number - thats what a frightened Irish public was told - it is playing out like a bad flu - the death rate is not 2% , nevermind the 20% or 10% I have seen quoted on boards , some experts believe it could even be under .1% and that is on par with flu.

It's far worse than flu.

I'll link to this again:

https://euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

If you look at their graph measuring excess mortality across all ages. It measures excess mortality for 2018, 2019 and what we have had so far for 2020. These people measure death rates from flu across Europe.

The line on the graph representing 2020 is absolutely huge compared to the two previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It’s gone a bit mad in here tonight

• Advertisement

“Lads there is this new virus that looks like it’s killing 2% of those infected, what do we do”

“Do you have clear evidence for this 2%”

“Well it’s an evolving situation, might be lower or higher”

“Nonsense, I dismiss thee as you have no evidence, come back to me if 100,000 people die to prove your theory”

The initial lockdown was the right call as we just didn't know enough about this virus at the time. That was months ago and since then we know a hell of a lot more. We even have data from countries who went different routes to analyze.

What we shouldn't do know is bury our heads in the sand and keep the country under severe restrictions for another 2.5 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement