Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

While I did post earlier about public places (the Lough etc.) being mobbed I have to say in all the local supermarkets everybody seems to really be doing their best re distancing. Waiting patiently till someone moves on instead of ducking in for stuff, 2m rule, hand sanitising at the door where it is available.

This is true for Aldi, Lidl and Supervalu in my experience.

IMO things are looking good and they should chop the 3 week gap between phases to 2. Time will tell. At my place of work consistant since the beginning of the pandemic c.150 employees 1 positive recovered. 1 suspect tested negative.

Hand sanitising is the norm now but by the nature of the work distancing is pretty much impossible for a lot of employees.

My ex-wife lives in Madrid and tomorrow night she is going out to meet friends on a terraced bar/restaurant for a pizza and a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Also, shopping is meant to be a solo thing these days, are either yourself or your housemate unable to shop alone?

They both get separation anxiety and they have a note from the doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Because it's not possible for him to say that and be honest. If corona is still active - which it more than likley will be in some unpredictable form - he's either going to seen as a reckless idiot putting lives at risk or he's a liar who went back on his word.

Why wouldnt the schools be in open in September?! September! Are the other countries all wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

Heckler wrote: »
    IMO things are looking good and they should chop the 3 week gap between phases to 2. Time will tell.

There is zero chance the phases will be moved forward soon - this is a big show for Leo and he won't exit stage.

showpony1 wrote: »
    It was an accident as she was stopped right in front of us as we were walking in. I am sure you've 100% watched where you are going every second in your entire life.

The chances of her getting Corona there were zero but she flipped - shows the fear in people now & how difficult it will be to go back to to the way things were. this is something that kills 80 year olds.

so i can't go to shop with my house mate with whom i'm constantly in close proximity nearly all day when he is driving us there? its very sad to see this attitude from people.

the guidance is clear......... https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/shopping_during_covid19.html

"Avoid shopping in groups "

"Keep a safe physical distance of 2 metres from all other shoppers and staff – this includes routes into and out of the store. "

Do you need to be told to watch where you are going also?
    growleaves wrote: »

Lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Why wouldnt the schools be in open in September?! September! Are the other countries all wrong?

Didn't you hear, Irish people are far more contagious than other Europeans. its a well known fact.

Myself and my house mate went to Supervalu yesterday about 6pm. There was no queue as we were walking towards the door so we weren't really paying attention (looking at phones etc) but the "doorman" stopped a woman right in front of us who we didn't notice so kept walking as if we were just following behind her into the shop. She was about 30 or so same age was us.

But what was happening was she had been stopped and kept inching forward to stay the full 2m away from us but as we weren't looking we kept also moving - she turned around with a look of utter disgust/contempt and said FFS.

This is a person with zero chance of getting the virus on a nice summer evening from two lads who don't have the virus - it seems difficult to see a flip switching on this mindset now ingrained in a lot of people - sad to see.

She wants to take zero risks? Then let her shop online. What's she doing out and about? The big bad workd of supervalu is such a dangerous place for a thirty year old... dont mind idiots like her, ice seen a lot of this bs while in q's. The pathetic idiots should be wearing t shirts warning of a breakdown if you come within less than two meters. It'll be great if the likes of these fools stay home after the lockdown is lifted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Is part of the whole "we're not there yet" and going slow with lifting restrictions shtick to do with new government? So when the new government takes over we'll all be "wow these guys are nothing like the old guys [even though they're made up of about 50% of the old guys]. They're actually listening and making decisions"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

She wants to take zero risks? Then let her shop online. What's she doing out and about? The big bad workd of supervalu is such a dangerous place for a thirty year old... dont mind idiots like her, ice seen a lot of this bs while in q's. The pathetic idiots should be wearing t shirts warning of a breakdown if you come within less than two meters. It'll be great if the likes of these fools stay home after the lockdown is lifted...

Unfortunately a lot if those kind have already laid eggs, not good for the benefit of a healthy future for mankind

I'd say you're not far away from a breakdown yourself, folk are entitled to expect others to stay 2m away from them and not be wandering around doing synchronised screen staring while entering a shop.
    Social distancing is likely one of the keys to keeping control on this thing and exiting lockdown........ play along please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Having a barbecue today. 8 or 9 close friends out the back and we’ll go inside in the evening to continue. Restrictions are lifted in my mind. Anyone that doesn’t want to go out can stay in and **** themselves all they want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

growleaves wrote: »

Not that they have to explain themselves. I loathe this element watching everyone and tuttutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Having a barbecue today. 8 or 9 close friends out the back and we’ll go inside in the evening to continue. Restrictions are lifted in my mind. Anyone that doesn’t want to go out can stay in and **** themselves all they want

Ok Ill go then, have you beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd say you're not far away from a breakdown yourself, folk are entitled to expect others to stay 2m away from them and not be wandering around doing synchronised screen staring while entering a shop.
    Social distancing is likely one of the keys to keeping control on this thing and exiting lockdown........ play along please.
    This virus simply isn't spreading from people brushing past eachother in the supermarket. The paranoia is mental

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Tough buachaill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I see Varadkar flying the flag for changing the 2m rule down to 1m.

That would be a bad decision in my mind, one made for business reasons rather than health and safety reasons.

Do me a favour, give a toast to the supreme leaders varadkar and holohan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭showpony1

Augeo wrote: »
    the guidance is clear......... https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/shopping_during_covid19.html

"Avoid shopping in groups "

"Keep a safe physical distance of 2 metres from all other shoppers and staff – this includes routes into and out of the store. "

Do you need to be told to watch where you are going also?

Very Sad to see this attitude & aggressive tone - it is clear the "pandemic" is pretty much over in Ireland now.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I see Varadkar flying the flag for changing the 2m rule down to 1m.

That would be a bad decision in my mind, one made for business reasons rather than health and safety reasons.

The vast majority of businesses, you can still keep more than a meter distance, this would make big difference for the hospitality industry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Thinking of doing the same myself. The missus has a few of her mates coming over later for a coffee and a fag in the garden so ill probably light the bbq.
    Hope you have a great day

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Looks like there is talk of a second wave in Canada. Trying to find specifics but a Canadian friend of mine in the healthcare sector mentioned it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Ok Ill go then, have you beer?

Heineken Light only. I’m on a post lockdown diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,524 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Tough buachaill

He's a negativecreep don't you know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

faceman wrote: »
    Looks like there is talk of a second wave in Canada. Trying to find specifics but a Canadian friend of mine in the healthcare sector mentioned it

Don’t we constantly have talk of second waves in Ireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

TheCitizen wrote: »
    He's a negativecreep don't you know :pac:

How does he have so many close friends? Username doesn’t fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There is zero chance the phases will be moved forward soon - this is a big show for Leo and he won't exit stage.
    Well, he will in about a week or so.

Thinking of doing the same myself. The missus has a few of her mates coming over later for a coffee and a fag in the garden so ill probably light the bbq.
    Hope you have a great day

'A coffee and a feg' :pac: 'Mon the 80's. make sure to keep the feg away from the barbeque, can't be too careful these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Myself and my house mate went to Supervalu yesterday about 6pm. There was no queue as we were walking towards the door so we weren't really paying attention (looking at phones etc) but the "doorman" stopped a woman right in front of us who we didn't notice so kept walking as if we were just following behind her into the shop. She was about 30 or so same age was us.

But what was happening was she had been stopped and kept inching forward to stay the full 2m away from us but as we weren't looking we kept also moving - she turned around with a look of utter disgust/contempt and said FFS.

This is a person with zero chance of getting the virus on a nice summer evening from two lads who don't have the virus - it seems difficult to see a flip switching on this mindset now ingrained in a lot of people - sad to see.

i was in dunnes yest about 18.30 in swords , the fear and panic ingrained on people's faces is bizarre. Glaring at others with masks rammed on their faces. That's the real pandemic

How does he have so many close friends? Username doesn’t fit.

A negative creep that drinks Heinekin Light :pac:. Needs to lighten up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Don’t we constantly have talk of second waves in Ireland too.

It's been under way since last week according to this guy, you just can't see it ;)https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1265031670970941440?s=19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement