Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

How does he have so many close friends? Username doesn’t fit.

A negative creep that drinks Heinekin Light :pac:. Needs to lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Don’t we constantly have talk of second waves in Ireland too.

It's been under way since last week according to this guy, you just can't see it ;)https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1265031670970941440?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Stark wrote: »
    It's been under way since last week according to this guy, you just can't see it ;)https://twitter.com/TonightVMTV/status/1265031670970941440?s=19
    Think his plan is to keep everyone at home in masks until January 2021. He does get a lot of attention, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

faceman wrote: »
    Looks like there is talk of a second wave in Canada. Trying to find specifics but a Canadian friend of mine in the healthcare sector mentioned it

The only second wave we are likely to see is one in Rosses point

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

growleaves wrote: »
    Not clear if we're on the zeroeth wave, the first wave or the second wave.

I hope the third wave doesn't interfere with my plans to throw a Halloween party.

What about the 4th wave, seeing Santa is over 70 he’d have to cocoon again come xmas and no prezzies .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Looks like there is talk of a second wave in Canada. Trying to find specifics but a Canadian friend of mine in the healthcare sector mentioned it

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/canada/

New cases in Canada have been stable over the last month or so, dropping slightly if anything.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

What about the 4th wave, seeing Santa is over 70 he’d have to cocoon again come xmas and no prezzies .

Wait until you see the Mexican wave - that'l wipe everything out!

I feel a Sting song coming on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Stark wrote: »

What a clown, supposedly an expert yet he adjusts his improperly fitted pound shop face-mask every two seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

If you did a simple google search you’d see that there’s no second wave in Canada. The province of Nova Scotia is opening gyms hairdressers pubs and restaurants on the 5th of June. New Brunswick has had 120 cases and 0 deaths.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    But yet schools are back everywhere else with “active virus”...

They're back everywehre else because everywhere else has a health system that can cope with a rise in infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

He shouldn't be going down chimneys making multiple non-essential visits to households anyway. The North Pole is perfect for quarantining.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

SusieBlue wrote: »
    If they reported the amount of people diagnosed with various cancers, heart disease etc or the amount of people suffering stokes every day the way they report covid-19 cases, no one would ever get up out of bed again.
    Same goes for those who pass away, if we included the numbers of people who died each day from other causes in our daily news bulletin there would be such a fear that no one would ever want to ever leave the house again.

It’s just pure and utter scaremongering now. Coronavirus isn’t the only thing that you can suffer from or die of.

You can’t catch cancer, strokes or even injuries from many people so you have no need to avoid them for those reasons.
    You’re the one scaremongering now.
    I’m no expert on Covid-19 so I rely on the experts for my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

paw patrol wrote: »
    i was in dunnes yest about 18.30 in swords , the fear and panic ingrained on people's faces is bizarre. Glaring at others with masks rammed on their faces. That's the real pandemic

Oh I got a dose of it today.

It’s my daughters birthday and there’s a local garden and cafe that have started up again doing takeaway food etc and a great line of takeaway smoothies.

So as treat I brought my two daughters this morning around 11 or so for a smoothie whilst mammy finishes the birthday cake and to give her a bit of peace.

So as I que for the smoothie an atypical Karen or a stfah Sharon from Facebook as I refer to them turns to me as I stand with my kids and she’s fully kitted out with mask gloves and the lot, looks me up and down and with a scowl asks “should they really be out with you?”

So a bit taken aback I said excuse me, she grunts and said “at the very least they should be wearing masks even though it’s is school time and I suppose no school as you’re down for the weekend anyway as she nods at my car”

Of course it’s then I realise my reg is a 192 D reg car as she nods to it.

So I said told both of my girls that maybe they should wait by the picnic bench that was in the shade rather than standing in the sun with me and I let Karen/Sharon have it with both barrels.

Told her she would be better off minding her own business to begin with and if she had any kind of wit or brains she could plainly see the sticker on the car and where it’s actually bought and do I sound like I’m from Dublin albeit probably not as diplomatically as that to be fair.

This results in Karen actually asking for the owner/manager I sh1t you not, of course when he comes we actually know each other well so he greets me says hello and she tells him it’s not right that me and my kids are allowed in here with others with no masks and when she asked me about it I abused her and told her to mind my own business. She queries whether I’m even within my 5k

The manager again looks at me, I tell him the story and he informs Karen that there’s no rules in regarding to masks or bringing kids and what’s more he knows me and knows I’m well within the 5k limit etc.

The funny thing is after queuing Karen turns on her heels, storms out and me and the manager look at each other trying to figure out who the hell she is.

They’re everywhere, the whole lockdown has actually given them a reason to exist.

I see the gards threathening fines if the 5km is broken . What happened to the educate, advise and fines as a last resort BS?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I see the gards threathening fines if the 5km is broken . What happened to the educate, advise and fines as a last resort BS?

Because the Irish attitude is I'll get a warning, then I'll get another one, and then he'll give me a chance, and then he will give me one last warning, and then I'll be able to get out of a fine because my cousin's nephew's friend's neighbour is a Garda.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Because the Irish attitude is I'll get a warning, then I'll get another one, and then he'll give me a chance, and then he will give me one last warning, and then I'll be able to get out of a fine because my cousin's nephew's friend's neighbour is a Garda.
    Well the government shouldn’t tell lies then.

Well the government shouldn’t tell lies then.

And people should obey the law.

It's a BH! They tend to get more vocal and aggressive around them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,247 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Damn you beat me to it.

F YESSSS F YESSSS

"Private hospitals ‘takeover’ by State will not be extended past June
    Deal came under fire over its cost and the lack of use of much private hospital capacity"

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/private-hospitals-takeover-by-state-will-not-be-extended-past-june-1.4265777

Step in a right direction, and a one that will save 115m + per month of taxpayers money starting 1 July onwards.

PS seems like they either have no money (which is true) or that they dont envisage a 2nd wave (which is also probably true, except Tony)

Well If they didn’t tell lies in the first place maybe people would more likely obey that law rather than thinking they’ll get a warning.

Well If they didn’t tell lies in the first place maybe people would more likely obey that law rather than thinking they’ll get a warning.

Most Gardai would give you a warning if you weren't acting the boll1x.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

The Most Important Coronavirus Statistic: 42% Of U.S. Deaths Are From 0.6% Of The Population
    Nursing homes and assisted living facilities: The #1 COVID problem

2.1 million Americans, representing 0.62% of the U.S. population, reside in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. (Nursing homes are residences for seniors needing help with activities of daily living, such as taking a shower or getting dressed, who also require 24/7 medical supervision; assisted living facilities are designed for seniors who need help with activities of daily living, but don’t require full-time on-site medical supervision.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Like all those feral knackers running rampant in certain areas that are allowed to do as they please racking up hundreds of convictions?
    Yep, they should

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Where did you see that? Many gardaí have been making it up as they go along from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

growleaves wrote: »
    He shouldn't be going down chimneys making multiple non-essential visits to households anyway. The North Pole is perfect for quarantining.

Nobody has asked whether poor santy has diabetes or gets carbon monoxide poisoning every Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

And it’s a law I break proudly. I have to travel 15kms to see my kids. If I get fined I’ll rip it up. Not one cent of a fine would I pay for my parental responsibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

South Korea closed 100s of schools, museums restaurants as second wave hits after easing of restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Sean 18

If they can't relax the rules in the summer we haven't a hope when the winter comes they'll be telling us to stay inside from September to next May or June

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement