Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

In a letter sent to the Taoiseach and other senior cabinet members today, seen by RTÉ News, chief executive Danny McCoy said the organisation is seeking the "safe return of the majority of businesses before the end of June".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

the kelt wrote: »
    There is an unease in Europe of handing money over to countries who aren’t willing to help themselves.

Why should german citizens contribute to pay people in Ireland to sit at home on 350 a week because the government is afraid to make a decision.

Think about it, if the roles were reversed and say Greece decided to sit on their holes for half the summer would you be happy working away ? The eu will help countries who at least attempt to help themselves

If those Greeks took a 5 month lockdown approach and were sitting on their ars* collecting 350 a week i wouldnt even vote to give them 1 euro.

Lazy greeks. Lol afraid of a virus. Well no such thing as free money.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

foxy_j wrote: »
    We were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc. Thoughts?

Bring your own cutlery, plates and glass. Also, for your loo needs, look no further, I have sourced some adult nappies for you, you might need to get them expedited by special courier though: https://mikefran1.wixsite.com/adult-nappies

hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Benimar wrote: »
    I know many here will tell you to ‘live your life’ but it’s not that straightforward. If there are only 4 of you outdoors and it’s within 5km you aren’t breaking any restriction.

You aren’t supposed to enter someone’s house though.

Personally, I wouldn’t go if you will have to enter the house but I’m sure others have different views.

Ya I mean I think if it was for a quick social drink or something it'd probably be alright but if we're eating and drinking I'll have to go into the house.

I also should mention the person who's house it is is a nurse who was on a covid ward but is now moved back to the diabetes ward. So less of a risk but still 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭hamburgham

A lot of the same minority seem incapable of forming orderly queues outside shops as well. I’ve lost count at how many times I’ve seen them get out of their car, pass the queue of shoppers waiting and waltz right through into the shop with no hesitation from security guard. And I highly doubt they are essential workers. One rule for them and another for mugs like the rest of us.
    I don’t blame them, it’s ridiculous.I wish I’d the nerve.The only reason it’s working at all is because the weather is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

JL555 wrote: »
    Bring your own cutlery, plates and glass. Also, for your loo needs, look no further, I have sourced some adult nappies for you, you might need to get them expedited by special courier though: https://mikefran1.wixsite.com/adult-nappies

hope this helps.

Great idea 🤣 wonder do they do xxl for my husband?!! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

foxy_j wrote: »
    Great idea 🤣 wonder do they do xxl for my husband?!! 😅

Lol, sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Update:

- 6 deaths RIP
    - 39 new cases

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

RobitTV wrote: »
    Update:

- 6 deaths RIP
    - 39 new cases

Dropping again nicely, rip to the 6 that have died though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Ibec speaking out today is a huge blow to the government and the phased plan.

Ibec is the largest business group and largest lobbying organisation in Ireland. It represents business of all sizes spanning every sector of the economy, together employing 70% of the private sector workforce in Ireland.

Yes we know who IBEC are. Why is it a "blow" to the phased plan. The phased plan is flexible and dependant on the progress in relation to Covid and can be fast tracked. Schools, the rest of the health services, all these factors come into play. We're not waiting on IBEC for a green light.

I wonder about the politics of the whingers that make up the vast majority of "comment" on this thread. I bet they're all Irish National Party types or Gemma Doherty/John Waters types and have next to fck all representation in real Irish politics and society. They've done a great job taking over this thread, sitting indoors with their laptops whining about not being allowed outside :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

I wonder about the politics of the whingers that make up the vast majority of "comment" on this thread.

I'm a Fine Gael-Communist-Medical Advisoryist. My type is the ascendancy now. Long may it last!

growleaves wrote: »
    I'm a Fine Gael-Communist-Medical Advisoryist. My type is the ascendancy now. Long may it last!

Fine Gael Communist :pac:

Fruitcakes.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Yes we know who IBEC are. Why is it a "blow" to the phased plan. The phased plan is flexible and dependant on the progress in relation to Covid and can be fast tracked. Schools, the rest of the health services, all these factors come into play. We're not waiting on IBEC for a green light.

I wonder about the politics of the whingers that make up the vast majority of "comment" on this thread. I bet they're all Irish National Party types or Gemma Doherty/John Waters types and have next to fck all representation in real Irish politics and society. They've done a great job taking over this thread, sitting indoors with their laptops whining about not being allowed outside :pac:

Ibec must be a 'Gemma/John Waters' supporter. Bet they send staff members to Irish National Party meetings! :eek:

Honestly nobody on this forum wants anything to do with those two people. Why do posters come on here and launch attacks and not debate with those they disagree with?

We want a sensible acceleration of the phased plan, just like Ibec now wants as it happens. They are clearly on the fringes of society :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

39 new cases - remind me again why we plan to wait until ****ing August to open the country up??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

hamburgham wrote: »
    Even Richard Boyd Barrett was making sense this morning, he was saying that he’s been trying without success for two months to get minutes of NPHET meetings.
    Always a fan of Michael though, won’t hear a word said against him!

That sounds like a fib. They are available publicly up to 22 May now.

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/691330-national-public-health-emergency-team-covid-19-coronavirus/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wow I’ve never heard this insult being hurled ever before on this thread.

Bet you thought you were so original typing that.

You know you have the lost the argument when you start off with the usual Gemma bot and John Waters nonsense. Irish National Party is a new buzzword for the misery merchants to throw around.

Wow I’ve never heard this insult being hurled ever before on this thread.

Bet you thought you were so original typing that.

It's hardly an insult, not to you anyway; that is what you are yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭prunudo

Blaze420 wrote: »
    39 new cases - remind me again why we plan to wait until ****ing August to open the country up??

But more importantly, where are these cases? If as suspected the majority are in the health care settings then the public are being punished for the their failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Blaze420 wrote: »

Could you imagine the country being shut down because 39 people got the flu? Just incredible. On the list of dangerous infectious diseases, this coronavirus is a mere pussycat and is being treated like the Black Death. Each day I think to myself how this warped alternative reality will magically dissolve and I’ll appear back in the real world where the phrase “new normal” doesn’t exist and people don’t run for cover when you walk the dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

There ye go, there’s some lateral thought for ye.

If you disagree with the approach of the government over something you must be like someone else who disagreed with the government over something.

I mean there couldn’t be any other logical conclusion to come to!

Simple minds simplify as best they can.

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Could you imagine the country being shut down because 39 people got the flu? Just incredible. On the list of dangerous infectious diseases, this coronavirus is a mere pussycat and is being treated like the Black Death. Each day I think to myself how this warped alternative reality will magically dissolve and I’ll appear back in the real world where the phrase “new normal” doesn’t exist and people don’t run for cover when you walk the dog.

Brilliant :D:D:D

Be careful though, if you start comparing covid to flu you will be called Gemma Waters. In fact if you want barbers to reopen before 20th of July you will also be called Gemma Waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Jayesdiem wrote: »

Absolutely but the media are to blame for most of this as well - reporting on these numbers like it’s the end of the world and convieniently forgetting those figures are out of 4.9 million. Time to cut the **** and for Leo to come out next week and accelerate the whole lot - if he doesn’t, then there is every chance the public will go to stage 5 on their own. This isn’t warranted any longer and being overly cautious to the extent of paralysing the economy is off the table now / open the ****in place up and let us get back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,974 ✭✭✭✭Stark

is_that_so wrote: »
    That sounds like a fib. They are available publicly up to 22 May now.

https://www.gov.ie/en/collection/691330-national-public-health-emergency-team-covid-19-coronavirus/

Last minutes are from 8th of May. The thing from the 22nd is just a "hope this finds you well" letter.

Ibec must be a 'Gemma/John Waters' supporter. Bet they send staff members to Irish National Party meetings! :eek:

Honestly nobody on this forum wants anything to do with those two people. Why do posters come on here and launch attacks and not debate with those they disagree with?

We want a sensible acceleration of the phased plan, just like Ibec now wants as it happens. They are clearly on the fringes of society :pac:

There is built in flexibility in the plan. There is already built in flexibility in the 1 to 2 metre distancing. The flexibility can now be utilised due to the success of the plan up till now. The panic merchants that have taken over this thread sound like Doherty/Waters types and some of them no doubt are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Stark wrote: »
    Last minutes are from 8th of May. The thing from the 22nd is just a "hope this finds you well" letter.
    But nowhere near his dramatic "2 months".

There is built in flexibility in the plan. There is already built in flexibility in the 1 to 2 metre distancing. The flexibility can now be utilised due to the success of the plan up till now. The panic merchants that have taken over this thread sound like Doherty/Waters types and some of them no doubt are.

How do you keep calling people names here and get away with it I ll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

There is built in flexibility in the plan.

I've been pointing that out from day one. In fact the framework document says that the plan can be accelerated purely on the basis of economic considerations.
    The panic merchants that have taken over this thread sound like Doherty/Waters types and some of them no doubt are.

No one on this thread has floated any conspiracy theories or been obnoxious to guards, which are what O'Doherty is known for. This guilt by association tactic is very tired. If I knew more about you I could connect you to some obnoxious or crazed person who shares your political tendency, no doubt.

the kelt wrote: »
    There ye go, there’s some lateral thought for ye.

If you disagree with the approach of the government over something you must be like someone else who disagreed with the government over something.

I mean there couldn’t be any other logical conclusion to come to!

Simple minds simplify as best they can.

I voted SF in the last election. I'm not talking about disagreeing with the government; I'm talking about the shrill nature of the increasing majority of comment on this thread with posters acting the hard threatening to ignore the restrictions and have barbeques going out of their way to ignore the restrictions while drinking Heiniken Light :pac: They sound Like Irish National Party types.

• Advertisement

Dr Tony Holohan says he is ‘not surprised’ that Ryanair's Michael O’Leary has a concern about quarantine measures for people arriving in Ireland. The CMO says he believes normal airline travel will not return ‘in the near term’.

See you in court Holohan. O'Leary isn't going to back down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement