Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

Media reporting numbers everyday doom and gloom. Flip it over and report that those people are now immune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Strumms wrote: »
    Or is he. What you can’t see on this photo of part of a document is that it’s not from an Irish citizen, a concerned citizen concerned for the economy..it’s Ryanair headed paper, it’s a correspondence from the Ryanair CEO, he is acting and corresponding in that capacity. Every word and utterance is not with the health, wellbeing, happiness and safety of the citizens of this country in mind, it’s with the health and wellbeing of his airline in mind, the ability of them to make money.... he is another who would see no negativity in there being human casualties in order to facilitate this, in fact he is advocating it. Fück him, I’ve travelled Ryanair more then any other airline due to them having great competitive fares but he’s seen the last of my cash... Aer Lingus and whoever else all the way from here on in...

Yes, I’m sure extremely successful businessman Michael O’Leary hasn’t the foresight to see how bad a resurrection of the virus from his company would be for his and all airlines. He hasn’t thought about the impact on air travel if a second European wave was to arrive and prompt another EU wide lockdown. He’d probably prefer to get a months money and lockdown for another three months, than get an entire years money now that the virus has subsided. He just wants some more money.

He’s probably so successful by luck sure anyway, eh??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

We already are.

Lol MOL "We are not endangering lives, we are just following some idiotic science that exists only in Ireland"

You think for someone who runs an airline company, he'd be aware most European countries still have quarantines in place, and will do for a decent period of time for Irish people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.euronews.com/amp/2020/05/28/which-european-countries-have-opened-their-borders-ahead-of-the-summer-holiday-season

• Registered Users Posts: 15,286 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

RobitTV wrote: »
    Dr Tony Holohan says he is ‘not surprised’ that Ryanair's Michael O’Leary has a concern about quarantine measures for people arriving in Ireland. The CMO says he believes normal airline travel will not return ‘in the near term’.

See you in court Holohan. O'Leary isn't going to back down.

Dont know about courts but ultimately this isn't going to be down to the CMO. When the rest of Europe gets moving there'll be sweet fcuk all he can do to stop it here. A proper government with a proper minister for transport and tourism knows it as well.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1266420602409234434?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Leo on the news saying we need to cut community spread further and further reduce the strength of the virus before 2m being reduced to 1.5m

What community spread? I thought they said it was zero literally a month ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Dont know about courts but ultimately this isn't going to be down to the CMO. When the rest of Europe gets moving there'll be sweet fcuk all he can do to stop it here. A proper government with a proper minister for transport and tourism knows it as well.

At this stage Tony is like an old dog, keeps doing some crappy tricks to attract attention but knows his time is running out.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

How will Tony try to spin the low numbers every day into continued fear?

foxy_j wrote: »
    We were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc. Thoughts?

Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

growleaves wrote: »
    I've been pointing that out from day one. In fact the framework document says that the plan can be accelerated purely on the basis of economic considerations.

That's what I said. Son now that the results are good we'll hopefully see that.
    growleaves wrote: »
    No one on this thread has floated any conspiracy theories or been obnoxious to guards, which are what O'Doherty is known for. This guilt by association tactic is very tired. If I knew more about you I could connect you to some obnoxious or crazed person who shares your political tendency, no doubt.

Really? Selective reading on your part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Plenty of Europe isn't moving though. As it is, Norway are allowing Danish visitors from June 15 but everyone else is still August 20th. That's just one more example, there are plenty more only allowing visitors from some countries and a lot of those are from mid June or July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

mloc123 wrote: »
    They'll be going to twice a week, probably in Phase 2, so after 8 June.

RobitTV wrote: »
    Dr Tony Holohan says he is ‘not surprised’ that Ryanair's Michael O’Leary has a concern about quarantine measures for people arriving in Ireland. The CMO says he believes normal airline travel will not return ‘in the near term’.

See you in court Holohan. O'Leary isn't going to back down.

I can see a Ryanair as campaign stating that the “quarantine” is in no way, shape or form legally binding in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

mloc123 wrote: »

“We have 3 new cases today but the numbers aren’t where we want to be yet - stay at home and save lives until I decide that the figure is good enough to open stuff up”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Blaze420 wrote: »
    “We have 3 new cases today but the numbers aren’t where we want to be yet - stay at home and save lives until I decide that the figure is good enough to open stuff up”.

The numbers still aren't where we want them to be... we are not going to say where we want them to be, because then people could hold us to account on that in a weeks time... when they are at that level.

At this stage Tony is like an old dog, keeps doing some crappy tricks to attract attention but knows his time is running out.

Good riddance.

I think Tony is worried about this ending and the inevitable inquest into how we did. He’s not gonna come out looking good. He brazened it out over the cervical scandal, this will be the end of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

titan18 wrote: »
    Plenty of Europe isn't moving though. As it is, Norway are allowing Danish visitors from June 15 but everyone else is still August 20th. That's just one more example, there are plenty more only allowing visitors from some countries and a lot of those are from mid June or July.

The lads won't want to know that, they'll only compare with other countries that suit them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It's hardly an insult, not to you anyway; that is what you are yes?

If you need to resort to throwing out petty, passive aggressive insults to make your point, you don’t have much of a point to begin with.

If you can quote where retro:electro said she is a supporter of Gemma O’Doherty please share, or give over with your completely unfounded assumptions. It’s just getting boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

foxy_j wrote: »
    We were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc. Thoughts?
    Your an adult for Gods sake,make up your own mind rather than asking anonymous internet posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

"Dr Holohan said he could not identify anything today that would lead to advice that restrictions be eased earlier, but issues relating to children may be added to advice next week."

Worrying

This is phase one to two

God knows what he will be like as the phases get more challenging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "Dr Holohan said he could not identify anything today that would lead to advice that restrictions be eased earlier, but issues relating to children may be added to advice next week."

Worrying

This is phase one to two

getting ridiclous and frustrating now tbh

Laughing stock of Europe

• Advertisement

SusieBlue wrote: »
    If you need to resort to throwing out petty, passive aggressive insults to make your point, you don’t have much of a point to begin with.

If you can quote where retro:electro said she is a supporter of Gemma O’Doherty please share, or give over with your completely unfounded assumptions. It’s just getting boring now.
    Irony dripping off this post. I'm sure the poster can answer for his/herself, but that's the way this thread has gone. Groupthink has taken over with shrill keyboard warrior aggression the other of the day.

gEmMa o'dOhErTy AnD jOhN wAtErS.

I think Tony is worried about this ending and the inevitable inquest into how we did. He’s not gonna come out looking good. He brazened it out over the cervical scandal, this will be the end of him.

If you know anything about this country you'll know that no matter what the performance guys like him are shielded. I doubt he's worried. Regardless he's saying there's flexibility with the plan, it's up to the politicians to utilise that and they're going to play this to their benefit. I "anticipate" that the plan will be fast tracked as the future Taoiseach MM said today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Worrying

This is phase one to two

Indeed, there's **** all extra in phase 2 other than a slight increase in the 5km distance limit which most people are ignoring at this point anyway. What are they so worried about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's hardly an insult, not to you anyway; that is what you are yes?

So we’ve resorted to the “I know you are but what am I”, level of debating. Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

the kelt wrote: »
    Again no one has answered the simple question, what makes our situation so different?

Why is our medical opinion and experts opinion so vastly different to the rest of Europe when it comes to opening up?

I wonder if it is related to the private hospitals getting free money from the state for not opening to general patient treatments?
    Basically we pay budget money to hospital owners to stay close, and the longer they stay closed the more money they get for doing nothing.

So we’ve resorted to the “I know you are but what am I”, level of debating. Cool.

Aye, retro cool even :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

gEmMa o'dOhErTy AnD jOhN wAtErS.

Need to get your keyboard looked at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Irony dripping off this post. I'm sure the poster can answer for his/herself, but that's the way this thread has gone. Groupthink has taken over with shrill keyboard warrior aggression the other of the day.

Nah, no groupthink, I just know for a fact that retro isn’t a Gemma O’Doherty supporter and find it quite amusing that you keep insisting otherwise, despite having zero evidence.
    Please continue though. You are only weakening your own argument even further.

• Advertisement

Worrying

This is phase one to two

Potential policy changes are not going to be flagged in a press conference. Stop expecting it and you won’t be disappointed when continue to hear noncommittal answers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement