Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

TheCitizen wrote: »
    It's hardly an insult, not to you anyway; that is what you are yes?
    How many times do I need to remind everyone to remain civil?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I can understand the frustration of waiting for lift off. But seriously what is the problem with waiting now? Monday week we can go 20k great, but I suspect there will be always be those who NEED to go further than that to possibly infect their families and so on.

Time flies. Think about early March, and here we are in a flash nearly in June.

Patience and acceptance are sadly lacking. It's not as if we are in prison. Far from it. But typically some will always want to push out the boundaries.

Enjoy the BH weekend everyone, weather looks fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I can understand the frustration of waiting for lift off. But seriously what is the problem with waiting now? Monday week we can go 20k great, but I suspect there will be always be those who NEED to go further than that to possibly infect their families and so on.

Patience and acceptance are sadly lacking. It's not as if we are in prison. Far from it. But typically some will always want to push out the boundaries.

Hilarious post - people need to go further to possibly infect their family being a particularly awesome effort.

batman_oh wrote: »
    Hilarious post - people need to go further to possibly infect their family being a particularly awesome effort.

Glad you enjoyed it :p

Any counter argument at all? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Glad you enjoyed it :p

Any counter argument at all? lol

What's the point like!

• Advertisement

batman_oh wrote: »
    What's the point like!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

https://twitter.com/idahocafe/status/1266243289511981059?s=20

https://twitter.com/idahocafe/status/1266269155608551425?s=20

Proprietor of one twice rated best café (one of the busiest anyway!) in Ireland not too happy about his business right now. Another Cork based entrepreneur Pat Phelan has similar worries.

My mental health is taking a dive right now and the thought of opening up to an empty Cork City does not sound too fun.

I was a late teenager in the middle of the last financial crisis and the sight of a nearly empty Grand Parade didn't bother me as much but if I see it in August I'll cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

Stark wrote: »
    Indeed, there's **** all extra in phase 2 other than a slight increase in the 5km distance limit which most people are ignoring at this point anyway. What are they so worried about?

I believe we can also officially enter other peoples home in stage 2.This will be fantastic for partners who don't live together but I suspect most have already broken this by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

20k is simply nothing compared to what should be open. The virus has been extinguished in general population while other countries that were worse off are restarting sports, opening pubs, and opening lots of other businesses. Do you think we should be grateful to Tony & Leo for dragging the bollix out of Ireland reopening or scornful that they think they preside over a population of children who need to be fed with breadcrumbs to August in case something happens? Enough is enough, Leo better come out next week and accelerate the whole lot or the choice will be taken out of his hands by the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

foxy_j wrote: »
    We were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc. Thoughts?

If it was me, I wouldn't. I'd say I'm in the minority on this particular thread though being a law abiding rule following citizen.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

50/50 on that feels an age since this all started but some weeks have flown

didnt imagine it would go on as long and sadly still a long road ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

RugbyLad11 wrote: »
    I believe we can also officially enter other peoples home in stage 2.This will be fantastic for partners who don't live together but I suspect most have already broken this by now

As one of a partnership who hasn't broken this guideline, I'm looking forward to welcoming OH back to my home. Phase 2 says no longer than 15 mins though!

gipi wrote: »
    As one of a partnership who hasn't broken this guideline, I'm looking forward to welcoming OH back to my home. Phase 2 says no longer than 15 mins though!

Leave at 14 minutes and go back in :pac:

Blaze420 wrote: »
    20k is simply nothing compared to what should be open. The virus has been extinguished in general population while other countries that were worse off are restarting sports, opening pubs, and opening lots of other businesses. Do you think we should be grateful to Tony & Leo for dragging the bollix out of Ireland reopening or scornful that they think they preside over a population of children who need to be fed with breadcrumbs to August in case something happens? Enough is enough, Leo better come out next week and accelerate the whole lot or the choice will be taken out of his hands by the public.

As I said, there will always be frustrated rebels trying to buck the system. OK off you go.

Many (according to surveys) are quite happy to go along with the softly softly approach to opening up.

This place is a little bubble of angst filled people who think they know everything and want to buck the trend. Fine.

But I doubt it is representative of many out there though.

Anyway, my view is, let Spain, Italy and France open up quickly and if it works out for them, then we follow accordingly. We are lucky that we can wait a few weeks to see what happens elsewhere really aren't we?

Business owners can't just keep the head down and wait it out. Their businesses are in real danger.

gipi wrote: »

Here’s a helpful tip - I visited my parents 2 weeks ago, neither household had any symptoms during the lockdown or any interaction with those who have it. We talked, we cried and we hugged as lovingly as we always have - and guess what? It’s 2 weeks on and nobody has coronavirus :rolleyes:

**** the social distancing and use common sense when it comes to those you love - they are not leper’s and 2 meters is not necessary in the slightest if both groups have been symptom free.

Leo better come out next week and accelerate the whole lot or the choice will be taken out of his hands by the public.

*'some' of the public. Most Irish people are compliant by nature. That will continue.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Here’s a helpful tip - I visited my parents 2 weeks ago, neither household had any symptoms during the lockdown or any interaction with those who have it. We talked, we cried and we hugged as lovingly as we always have - and guess what? It’s 2 weeks on and nobody has coronavirus :rolleyes:

**** the social distancing and use common sense when it comes to those you love - they are not leper’s and 2 meters is not necessary in the slightest if both groups have been symptom free.

Visited my partner and we did the same. Both of us stayed in for weeks, no chance of infection. Neither of us or her parents are sick.

One of her parents works too, has been all throughout this, and he's not after infecting myself or them.

The social distancing and hand washing measures worked thankfully. We've flattened the curve. We're not heartless bastards, full of angst or Gemmaroids for wishing our lives could carry on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭xtal191

Penfailed wrote: »
    *'some' of the public. Most Irish people are compliant by nature. That will continue.

Baaaaa

• Advertisement

Baaaaa

Mature thoughtful retort. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Supermarkets shoppers seen to have given up social distancing altogether at this stage. Besides the notices and screens at the tills, it felt like a 'back to normal' shopping experience in Aldi for me this evening.

Mature thoughtful retort. Nice one.

No point putting any thought in to a response to a sheep is there?

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Business owners can't just keep the head down and wait it out. Their businesses are in real danger.

TBH Sh!t happens. But I know what you mean. Getting things opened up will happen, but not right now I fear, apart from some shops I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

This place is a little bubble of angst filled people who think they know everything and want to buck the trend. Fine.

Sounds a lot like Ireland compared to the rest of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I saw a cafe open today - tables outside filled with happy people. Great to see! The city centre cafes should take over the streets and spread tables out in the sunshine.

No point putting any thought in to a response to a sheep is there?

Why did you even go to the effort in that case? Just because I have a different outlook to you means that I'm a 'sheep'? Alrighty then.

Multipass wrote: »
    I saw a cafe open today - tables outside filled with happy people. Great to see! The city centre cafes should take over the streets and spread tables out in the sunshine.

A café in Cork tried that yesterday but the guards came along and told them to pack up their tables and chairs because of COVID guidelines. They emailed the HSE and they said they were just "guidelines" so the tables and chairs were out again today.

But I totally agree. Streets are for people and the state of some cities at the moment with cars, vans and HGVs strewn all over the place is very upsetting.

Why did you even go to the effort in that case? Just because I have a different outlook to you means that I'm a 'sheep'? Alrighty then.

Because your outlook is a month out of date and doesn’t reflect the reality that the country could open tomorrow without any side effects. Let’s play it safe though and keep the economy paralysed for the next 3 months when there is zero evidence to do so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If it was me, I wouldn't. I'd say I'm in the minority on this particular thread though being a law abiding rule following citizen.

In the minority you say?

I'd suggest all the posters on the thread are decent law abiding citizens.

Wanting to enjoy life a bit is hardly a criminal offence!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement