Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Cervical check & smear services are suspended.
    My colposcopy appointments have been cancelled until further notice, I usually have one every few months, due to the presence of pre-cancerous cells that I’ve had for the last few years. It’s to keep an eye on them to ensure they haven’t mutated into cancer.
    As I don’t actually have cancer my screening appointments are not considered urgent enough so they have been cancelled.
    I know a lady who actually does have cervical cancer whose treatment has been significantly delayed due to new social distancing measures in operation in the clinic.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

In relation to your issues, hopefully, we can get sorted out in next month or two and get on top of smears etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Some endoscopy are elective, also an endoscopy is an aerosol producing activity so high risk for spreading of COVID-19 hence why elecitve ones have been cancelled.

However, there has been no delay in emergency endoscopies/colonoscopies. I have had two of my patient's have endoscopies today.

You talk a lot about "facts" when really you are pandering misinformation.

I stated the fact that endoscopy units are closed. It is a fact. I have never pandered misinformation. If you can prove that I have I will take it back, otherwise it is you who should take back that accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mike3287 wrote: »

Travellers running around in every town with no regard for the law

Both pre and post lockdown.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Apparently 10 different counties in Ireland had 0 new cases the day before yesterday.
    Hard to justify such restrictive conditions when that many counties are experiencing 0/extremely low numbers of new cases.

Its why it high time there was not a 'one size fits all' lockdown.

Large urban centres surely should have different restrictions to the many people who live rurally in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

And our hospitals

100 new cases from health care workers yesterday

What's the story with that?

Lack of PPE, not using them properly, N95 masks not good enough, N100 needed?

And this is the reason why we could remain locked down for 100 years and never get on top of this disease.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Stheno wrote: »
    The rate of positive cases amongst travellers tested is 48%

Virus might put manners on some of them

The rate of positive cases amongst travellers tested is 48% so in theory up to half the people at that funeral could be positive

But sure it'll be someone else's fault, it always is.

Perhaps its a form of natural selection then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

And this is the reason we could remain locked down for 100 years and never get on top of this disease.

Yep

Were screwed

Nursing homes, hospitals, travellers

No one can fix that mess

Virus might put manners on some of them

If the government published and informed them how many Travellers were infected, ended up in hospital, ICU and died, you'd soon see an end to these type funerals.

It seems they are oblivious and the government are unwilling to tell them.

The government are scared sh*tless of Travellers, that's obvious, probably scared of being labelled racist, so will let them away with anything.

Political correctness gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The way we report the figures is very suspicious to me. If you removed the nursing home figures and recorded those separately, we’d probably have very low daily cases and a tiny amount of deaths. Maybe even 0 deaths a lot of days.

Let's be honest, if they removed the nursing home deaths, end of life deaths, i.e. those people in their late 80 and 90's or those with multiple chronic illnesses, there would be fcuk all death attributable to the virus.

We've used a sledgehammer to crack a nut and destroyed the economy for hundreds of thousands in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yep

Were screwed

No one can fix that mess

Meat plants

Almost six hundred cases there

Another couple of hundred in direct provision centres

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

NIMAN wrote: »
    But sure it'll be someone else's fault, it always is.

Perhaps its a form of natural selection then?
    No one likes saying that.

There seems to be a very gregarious couple in their forties, in good health and who regularly exercised, who were hospitalised with Covid 19. Why gregarious? Because half of the posters here seem to know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

Meat plants

Any in supermarkets? Because they've been open throughout, and of their nature have been visited regularly by someone from pretty much every household.

Should we not have had a few dozen Lidls, Aldus, Tescos and Supervalus with clusters by now?

Meat plants

Another couple of hundred in direct provision centres

I wonder will we ever see a complete breakdown of numbers like that when all this is over, to see just how badly each part of society was affected by the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Yep

Were screwed

No one can fix that mess

I know this post will prompt a vigorous response but should we not just accept covid will be with us for years to come and stand up and face the music?

I dont think that most of Europe that is opening up now are waiting or relying on vaccine. Especially when you consider that vaccines work 80% of the time anyways (from that logic we do our magic numbers and multiply our elderly numbers by 20% and can still continue lockdowns even with vaccine)

Very good article. 100% worth a read for everyone on this thread.

What an eye opener below huh

“No infections were detected in either survey in 234 tested children ranging from 0 to 10 years, despite some of them living in the same household as infected people.”

Be careful or you might be tole that you are 'pandering misinformation' whatever that means.

These are in no way emergency or essential services. Nobody is going to die because their scan/screen was delayed a couple of weeks.

polesheep wrote: »
    Be careful or you might be tole that you are 'pandering misinformation' whatever that means.

I'm not the one who is saying that some endoscopy units have closed down. It's laughable that you think a hospital can just close down their endoscopy unit and to hell with the people needing an emergency endoscopy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

These are in no way emergency or essential services. Nobody is going to die because their scan/screen was delayed a couple of weeks.

I think they are both due to resume as part of phase 1

It was mentioned in one of the briefings last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I wonder does Tony H ever get the feeling of deja vu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Very good article. 100% worth a read for everyone on this thread.

What an eye opener below huh

“No infections were detected in either survey in 234 tested children ranging from 0 to 10 years, despite some of them living in the same household as infected people.”

I think that's wrong for the record. I work with a guy whose family contracted covid and the kids were the first to get sick with high fevers, after which the parents became sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

On a separate issue, why don't we have testicle and prostate check?

I'm not the one who is saying that some endoscopy units have closed down. It's laughable that you think a hospital can just close down their endoscopy unit and to hell with the people needing an emergency endoscopy. :rolleyes:

The people needing an emergency endoscopy were not sent to Hell, they were sent to an alternative facility. It's part of the reason that a deal was struck with the private hospitals. I struggle to believe that you are a pharmacist, but I'm certain that you are not a senior HSE manager with a knowledge of the status of every unit.

On a separate issue, why don't we have testicle and prostate check?

Easy to do testicle self check and GPs do prostate checks.

A couple means two not more than two. And can you demonstrate that you have the authority and qualifications to state that nobody is going to die as a result?

I actually read this twice, couldnt believe you wrote this rubbish.

"It is estimated that 42,690 deaths (42,170 women and 520 men) from breast cancer will occur this year 2020.

Breast cancer is the second most common cause of death from cancer in women in the United States, after lung cancer. However, the number of women who have died of breast cancer has decreased by 40% from 1989 to 2007 thanks to early detection and treatment improvements."

You need to change your post. ASAP. The rubbish you posted is the sort of thing Tony H believed back in the day.

I'd love to believe what he says is true (must as I would have loved to believe that speculation around BCG vaccine protection was true). I don't want to set my hopes up for disappointment again though. Any third party reliable sources that can back-up/refute his claims? Went searching over the weekend but couldn't find any commentary on it.

• Advertisement

Stark wrote: »
    I think that's wrong for the record. I work with a guy whose family contracted covid and the kids were the first to get sick with high fevers, after which the parents became sick.

And we have had 730 confirmed cases in children aged from 0-19

https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/covid-19-latest-ireland-twenty-18223516

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement