Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nermal wrote: »
    Lord Sumption, a voice of sanity. Worth your time.

https://youtu.be/86P7EEJeNKM

'This is the worst interference with personal liberty in our history, for what is by historical standards, not a very serious pandemic'

Words that a former justice of the UK Supreme Court would not speak lightly.

Indeed. And it’s just brushed aside like it was some minor inconvenience- it’s gone on for months on end ffs.
    Disturbing how so many people blindly follow something out of sheer panic and fear. A huge majority out there will do, they’d willingly report others to the authorities. I find the whole thing chilling. Covid 19 lockdown has had religious devotion level following among the populace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

So those links say that that the seasonal flu and covid -19 have similar fatality rates??

Just admit you made it up because it was a nice sound bite for your agenda.

You can see the excess fatality rates since 2015 here - https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

You can see the spikes for flu season on them all by country. Covid19 has passed them out now, but in some countries by not that much. And we really need to wait to get the annual death rate to make valid comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

People need this to be worse than it is to justify what has been done to rest of our lives, and the utter screw up on the generation absent from school indefinitely.
    People use self justification all the time after making a mistake, its a coping mechanism.
    Screw up kids chances at a fair education? Ah sure we had to save lives though, thats the important thing.

Yeah, perish the government who would try to do such a thing.

In the US, Dr Fauci was asked by Senator Rand a question on this very topic and he said that contrary to the widespread belief, there are children displaying worrying symptoms related to Covid-19 and we still don't know exactly how it affects them.

You can see the excess fatality rates since 2015 here - https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/

You can see the spikes for flu season on them all by country. Covid19 has passed them out now, but in some countries by not that much. And we really need to wait to get the annual death rate to make valid comparison.

Was just about to post the CDC version. I didn't realise that Europe had collated the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Yeah, perish the government who would try to do such a thing.

In the US, Dr Fauci was asked by Senator Rand a question on this very topic and he said that contrary to the widespread belief, there are children displaying worrying symptoms related to Covid-19 and we still don't know exactly how it affects them.

Amazing it only seems to be US children though. I havent heard of any German or Danish or Swedish children having worrying symptoms related to covid. Ahhhh Mr Fauci, BS ing as hard as Tony himself.

What a bunch of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

there are children displaying worrying symptoms related to Covid-19 and we still don't know exactly how it affects them.

Worrying symptoms? Anxiety I imagine at being surrounded by idiots who should know better than to keep them off school for no reason

Worrying symptoms? Anxiety I imagine at being surrounded by idiots who should know better than to keep them off school for no reason

So you think Kawasaki disease is caused by anxiety? Absolute spoofer.

Amazing it only seems to be US children though. I havent heard of any German or Danish or Swedish children having worrying symptoms related to covid. Ahhhh Mr Fauci, BS ing as hard as Tony himself.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/04/coronavirus-what-is-kawasaki-disease-and-its-possible-link-with-covid-19-in-children

UK, France, Italy and Spain have reported it as well.

First reported by the nhs in England actually, that I was aware of.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/04/coronavirus-what-is-kawasaki-disease-and-its-possible-link-with-covid-19-in-children

I stand correct, Swedish, Danish and German children must have some superior genetics do they?

What a load of rubbish

"A rare syndrome affecting children that could be linked to COVID-19 has been reported in several European countries"

At this stage cancer will be linked to COVID19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I stand correct, Swedish, Danish and German children must have some superior genetics do they?

What a load of rubbish

"A rare syndrome affecting children that could be linked to COVID-19 has been reported in several European countries"

What is your qualification in epidemiology and virology?

What a load of rubbish

I think it's a bit sad that you are trivialising children's deaths for your.... reasons.

What is your qualification in epidemiology and virology?

How many times have you read "covid19" in the same sentence as "could" "may be" "potentially linked" "might"

Just think about.

In the meantime China, Russia, Brazil, half of US states, UK, Germany etc are all back working and clearly dont have time to entertain the "could" and the "may be"

Speaking of Fauci.

"Fauci tells Congress: ‘There’s no guarantee that the vaccine is actually going to be effective’

He also warned there’s a potential for a vaccine to make the course of the disease even stronger."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/fauci-tells-congress-no-guarantee-the-coronavirus-vaccine-will-be-effective.html

How many times have you read "covid19" in the same sentence as "could" "may be" "potentially linked" "might"

Just think about.

In the meantime China, Russia, Brazil, half of US states, UK, Germany etc are all back working and clearly dont have time to entertain the "could" and the "may be"

Yes but i'm asking you, since you have no time for experts, what your qualifications are in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ce he sin

Just think about.

Watch this space....

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lyle

Those long term affects are only in people who develop severe cases. Stop scaremongering, many people see through such antics now.

Honestly not trying to scaremonger, this is just the way I'm making myself look at it, getting this disease is a lottery in terms of what your symptoms will be and how badly they'll impact you and your future self. I'm erring on the side of assuming this will impact me long term if I get it so as to further my efforts to not get it in the first place. Plus, I was responding to someone who was saying there is no lasting effects and there are, and could be more as we increase our understanding.

How can we know cases won't get more severe in the second wave? Can you be 100% certain that every single new mutation of this virus will be something you can foresee symptoms for? Or that lasting effects will only limited to severe patients? It's a novel virus, nothing is sacred with this thing. It doesn't have to abide by prefabricated narratives of virology, nor does it give a high flying f*ck what it does to humanity. This thing could be like AIDS for all we know in what it does to the immune system. In a few years some mildly symptomatic people now could develop interstitial lung issues or who knows what. A few weeks ago we hadn't really heard about Covid toes, or the people losing limbs, or the 30/40 year olds having strokes like they're 70/80, or kids with Kawasaki syndrome, or the conjunctivitis with virus presence in the tears. The list goes on, and could continue to throw up new symptoms as we move forward. Why not mentally prep for the absolute worst at the start to be stronger going forward, and indeed plan based around that worst case scenario? Then things can only be better.

Hopefully I'm wrong but literally right now we are all ignorant as f*ck as to what this does to people. To assume the worst is to protect yourself the best. My two cents anyway, sorry if I scared you.

In the meantime China, Russia, Brazil, half of US states, UK, Germany etc are all back working

No they are not.

You need to get your facts straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Jaysus Michelle O’Neill is painting a gloomy picture.

“People in Northern Ireland will have to abide by social distancing measures for a number of years “

“We will be socially distancing for a number of years, we will be staying apart even in gatherings for a number of years i believe “ “Until a vaccine is available we’ll have to live with some restrictions”

Just think about.

The UK have just announced continuing furlough until October....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Micky 32 wrote: »

“People in Northern Ireland will have to abide by social distancing measures for a number of years “

Dreamworld. Neither she nor anyone is going to be abolishing human contact for "a number of years."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

“We will be socially distancing for a number of years, we will be staying apart even in gatherings for a number of years i believe “ “Until a vaccine is available we’ll have to live with some restrictions”

In all fairness she’s not the brightest spark. Nice girl but not exactly Einstein.
    Anyone that thinks a vaccine is a panacea ...

growleaves wrote: »
    Dreamworld. Neither she nor anyone is going to be abolishing human contact for "a number of years."

She must be a control freak.

Mentioning the dumpster fire that is Brazil is amazing as well.

The same Brazil with the lunatic in charge, desperate mayors calling for international intervention and mass graves being dug in the Amazon.

road_high wrote: »
    In all fairness she’s not the brightest spark. Nice girl but not exactly Einstein.
    Anyone that thinks a vaccine is a panacea ...

So you don't think an effective vaccine would be a panacea? What's the solution then, chief?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

growleaves wrote: »

As soon as young lads and young ones get near a pub or any gathering with alcohol, goodnight Irene to social distancing.
    On second thoughts they may need to get a flight to Italy or France 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Well, it was announced at around 1pm.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

so no night clubs, no picking up random strangers, no social interactions of any kind...well that worked out well for priests!!! mental!! never happen, barely hanging on as it is. this would really be the stuff of 1984!!

rusty cole wrote: »
    so no night clubs, no picking up random strangers, no social interactions of any kind...well that worked out well for priests!!! mental!! never happen, barely hanging on as it is. this would really be the stuff of 1984!!

If immunity is ever proven for this awful disease i’d rather go get it and isolate myself until i’d hopefully recover than face that prospect of a future.

• Advertisement

Some people just love talking about misery. She is talking nonsense. We will collectively have given up social distancing way before then.

“staying apart even in gatherings”. Jesus. How can she even think that we would do that. She can’t be that smart and her comments are not exact helpful in encouraging our behaviour today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement