Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dunmur wrote: »
    Interesting to see how bouncy castle operators manage to fall into phase one.. All local operators open for business on Monday and happy to deliver to 30k..essential service or pure profiteering
    They are allowed as outside ticks the box on that. One would imagine there is more than a handful of parents who will be delighted to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

rusty cole wrote: »
    Can I just ask, did anyone NOT get the famous leaflet via POST?
    Neither I nor my neighbours saw one of them, what's the story there? another HSE lie?

I got it weeks after it was announced and in Irish only. My friend around the corner also only got Irish and she’s polish so that was a waste of paper. I’d say they ran out of them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

rusty cole wrote: »
    Can I just ask, did anyone NOT get the famous leaflet via POST?
    Neither I nor my neighbours saw one of them, what's the story there? another HSE lie?

Got the leaflet twice. But I know lots of areas didn't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are allowed as outside ticks the box on that. One would imagine there is more than a handful of parents who will be delighted to hear that!

Strictly inessential bouncing - not merely vertical but in some instances horizontal. Is this 'castle' an essential fortified structure?

The microbes are laughing at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I went from 250ish in mocks to 540 points in the real thing.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think we can write off tourism for 2020, I think few people will want to travel here as tourists. there will be restrictions on travel probably til September. After September 11th attack it took 2 years for American tourists travel no to return to normal
    . Right now many cafes are open in America. The no of
    customers is 20 to 30 per cent of the average before the
    crisis. Imagine getting on a plane now. At least one or 2 passengers will probably have the virus unless they start
    checking people's temperate before they get on the
    Flight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Penfailed wrote: »
    The golf clubs certainly won't. It was on the news this morning. It's not up to them to enforce it.

Im sure they wouldn't mind a garda checkpoint outside the gate then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

On what basis might it be madness? They seem on par with the Danes and they are doing just fine.

Well...we won't know until if/when it happens obviously. They aren't opening indoor events up to 500 for a couple of weeks yet.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

So following other countries who went into lockdown and doing the same is not madness. But following other countries who are opening up could be madness?

I could lose my mind trying to comprehend this :eek:

That's patently obvious.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yeah they could find themselves in a tricky spot based on the EU plan.
    Though the EU plan is non binding

So is Tony's plan for holiday travel. It's only advisory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Biscuitus

The silence from the roads was nice while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Police round-up 'sunbathers' breaking rules in Edinburgh park after lockdown split causes confusion
    Officers patrolling Edinburgh have been forced to move on people caught "sunbathing" in a local park amid lockdown confusion.

On Sunday, Boris Johnson announced an ease to some lockdown restrictons for people in England, which included rules around enjoying the outdoors.

The Prime Minister gave the green light for unlimited exercise and allowed people to "sit in the sun", play sports with members of their households and even drive to destinations like national parks and beaches.

However, this does not apply to Scotland.

Rodin wrote: »

I'm sure that is outside their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So is Tony's plan for holiday travel. It's only advisory.

Yeah no I understand that.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN22P1H9?__twitter_impression=true

Anyway Germany aiming for free travel in the EU from mid June, Spain expected to open borders in July also according to Reuters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Nermal

Pictures show trains and buses rammed as millions urged to return to work

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/13/pictures-show-trains-buses-rammed-millions-urged-return-work-12694839/

A pointless failure that your grandchildren will be paying interest on.

Don't accept the revisionism: that's not speaking with hindsight, we knew that at the beginning. That's not caused by the virus, it's our response to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Could not think of something more ridiculous than planting Gardai outside golf clubs. Though their checking of car boots for shopping etc comes close.
    Think even the Gardai are now abandoning the hysteria, took them a while though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Considering you're likely to find more members of the Gardaí INSIDE the actual golf course down this neck o' the woods, I don't think this is an issue which will be high on the priority list.
    FORE!

Well...we won't know until if/when it happens obviously. They aren't opening indoor events up to 500 for a couple of weeks yet.
    Lots of ifs have turned into nots at this stage, the predicted second wave being one of them and some that remain are also looking less likely.

Lots of ifs have turned into nots at this stage, the predicted second wave being one of them and some that remain are are also looking less likely.

How would a second wave happen if the first wave hasn't ended yet?
    You also asked about how the Czech Republic decision could be madness when it's a complete unknown, as they haven't acted on the decision yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

road_high wrote: »
    Could not think of something more ridiculous than planting Gardai outside golf clubs. Though their checking of car boots for shopping etc comes close.
    Think even the Gardai are now abandoning the hysteria, took them a while though

They never enforced the distance restrictions anyway.
    That's why people have been moving around at will

Some idiot on Dermot and Dave one of the mornings suggested that our lockdown was like being in Auschwitz...

People really haven't a clue about genuine hardship.

• Advertisement

How would a second wave happen if the first wave hasn't ended yet?
    You also asked about how the Czech Republic decision could be madness when it's a complete unknown, as they haven't acted on the decision yet.
    At this point it looks more like speculation. Main Danish guy has suggested it's very unlikely. Where is it actually going to come from? Remember our promised surge never happened.

Remember our promised surge never happened.

Due to the lockdown restrictions perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

At this point it looks more like speculation. Main Danish guy has suggested it's very unlikely. Where is it actually going to come from? Remember our promised surge never happened.
    Mother of God :rolleyes: :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What in the gods name is going on. Even with 14 day quarantine imposed by Gardai, Tony is still unhappy for people to live life. July is over 6 weeks away for crying out

"People should not book summer trips abroad this July despite plans by airlines to resume some flight schedules, chief medical officer Dr Tony Holohan warned.

He put a dampener on any non-essential summer getaways and said the country is not ready to go on holiday.

He replied he would not comment on Ryanair, but said: "We are advising against all non-essential travel.

"We don't want to see people coming here for non-essential reasons and leaving for non-essential reasons," he added.

This is the sort of thing North Korea preach. "we dont want people coming here" - without giving any timelines until when.

Can he destroy Irish tourism all by himself?

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/holohan-warns-against-booking-holidays-despite-move-by-airlines-39202539.html

Meanwhile the EU saying tourist season will go on :D

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Mother of God :rolleyes: :eek:
    Qué?

Meanwhile the EU saying tourist season will go on :D

Europeans will not forego their August Holiday. Expect another lockdown before Christmas so numbers are low to allow the winter ski holidays to go ahead

Maybe but that unknown at the time. It never happened despite evidence from other countries suggesting it was definitely coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Qué?

In some people's minds we're living through a surge.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

To be fair, economically, the COVID-19 has been great for me financially. 70 euro/hr locums and unlimited overtime. So I don't really have an issue with people.going back to work in a safe and controlled manner.

What job do you have?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

And perhaps not. Time will tell. Restrictions may have only been necessary for the vulnerable, including nursing and care homes. The vulnerable aside, it's looking like this virus was not nearly as dangerous as some predicted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement