Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

This is so frustrating. The headlines now are 426 new cases. When it’s actually 140

It's absolutely farcical. Hardly anyone will read the small print.

If anyone pays any heed to ****ing Tony's bingo numbers after this needs their head checked.

But yeah here we are waiting for our bloody genius "government" to let the country out of this increasingly ridiculous vice grip.

If anyone pays any heed to ****ing Tony's bingo numbers after this needs their head checked.

But yeah here we are waiting for our bloody genius "government" to let the country out of this increasingly ridiculous vice grip.

Anyone who looks at the numbers with any sort of critical thinking ignores the daily anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Where are those geniuses reporting German R number?

Where is death and destruction in Germany? Where is the 2nd wave?

God how can we justify keeping our country locked till 10th of June, let alone 10th of August....

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,924 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have a feeling while phase 1 will be largely unchanged as a test phase things will get moved to other phases and we will have less then 5 phases by the end. The only thing to stay long term is social distancing, no large groups and work from home if possible

Wow.

"A 113-year-old woman believed to be the oldest person living in Spain has survived after contracting Covid-19. "

Fintan, what is this? Tony H must be fuming, disease is clearly getting weaker by the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I get social distancing is here for a right while yet but is there scope, for say, 10/15 people going away together to a house down the country. Seen nothing in the plan for small groups like that congregating.

Wow.

"A 113-year-old woman believed to be the oldest person living in Spain has survived after contracting Covid-19. "

Fintan, what is this? Tony H must be fuming, disease is clearly getting weaker by the day

Absolutely livid. Sure everyone knows he wants nothing more than the lockdown to last forever and everyone to die

Where are those geniuses reporting German R number?

Where is death and destruction in Germany? Where is the 2nd wave?

God how can we justify keeping our country locked till 10th of June, let alone 10th of August....

:mad:

Well given that most countries who are leaving lockdown have only done in the last week number would not been known for at least a week if not 2. Only last week when they lifted them some were wondering if they lifted some 2 early.

Germans are also a whole lot more likely to follow stuff then we are. Once phase 1 is done and the numbers remain at a stable level you will see phases been pushed together or moved.

If things go well I see us out of lockdown bar social distancing rules, working from home and clubs and concerts closed a lot sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I feel really frustrated and anxious now after that fiasco of the new cases today
    I want to scream at Tony that be it intentional or not he is playing with peoples heads .
    All he had to say was we have 140 news cases today and we have 300 cases we have been informed off which are not new cases for today .
    People are on the edge and many anxious and needing their family and we get this shoite with a huge increase in numbers causing stress and upset

Wow.

Absolutely livid. Sure everyone knows he wants nothing more than the lockdown to last forever and everyone to die

I think Tony H has been a lot more positive this week then the last time. Look we all want to get out an about and 1 person is not a pattern make.

• Advertisement

Well given that most countries who are leaving lockdown have only done in the last week number would not been known for at least a week if not 2. Only last week when they lifted them some were wondering if they lifted some 2 early.

Germans are also a whole lot more likely to follow stuff then we are. Once phase 1 is done and the numbers remain at a stable level you will see phases been pushed together or moved.

If things go well I see us out of lockdown bar social distancing rules, working from home and clubs and concerts closed a lot sooner

Yes and no.

Danes have opened schools back on 15th of April. Its baffling they are so speedy with re opening. Almost getting angry that either they are that quick or we are that slow. :(

"DENMARK HAS BEGUN to reopen schools after a month-long closure over the novel coronavirus, becoming the first country in Europe to do so.

Nurseries, kindergartens and primary schools were reopening after they were closed on 12 March in an effort to curb the COVID-19 epidemic."

https://www.thejournal.ie/schools-reopen-in-denmark-covid19-5074621-Apr2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

There are currently 4 inpatients in CUH in Cork with covid-19, with one of those 4 in ICU. There were also no reported new cases in the hospital in the previous 24hr period.
    This does not justify locking down the city & county, let alone the whole country.
    If Cork has the third highest number of cases & community transmission, then surely many of the smaller counties must be reporting 0, day after day.
    Why are we not being given a clearer breakdown?

A half empty hospital & compromised, dangerous health service for the sake of 4 patients. It’s farcical.
    I am so angry after seeing this this.
    How anyone can still argue in favour of our suicide mission of easing restrictions with a straight face is beyond me.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I feel really frustrated and anxious now after that fiasco of the new cases today
    I want to scream at Tony that be it intentional or not he is playing with peoples heads .
    All he had to say was we have 140 news cases today and we have 300 cases we have been informed off which are not new cases for today .
    People are on the edge and many anxious and needing their family and we get this shoite with a huge increase in numbers causing stress and upset

So what your saying is he should have kept those cases quiet. He let people know what those cases are if you don't listen or read what is he meant to do. The desperation for people to find things to hit Tony with a stick with is getting embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Everyone that's saying that "the people have had enough" or something similar, where exactly are these people? I know that my circle of friends, work colleagues and family are generally accepting of the current measures. They may not be happy with them, but are putting up with it. I also don't see much dissent on other social media platforms or from journalists, for the most part.

Is the general public actually that annoyed with the restrictions or is this just some sort of bubble within boards?

Blame the papers then, Tony clearly stated where does numbers came from. He can't make people listen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So what your saying is he should have kept those cases quiet. He let people know what those cases are if you don't listen or read what is he meant to do. The desperation for people to find things to hit Tony with a stick with is getting embarrassing

Did i say he should have kept them quiet ? Read my post again . No need to lob them in with todays numbers
    Look at the Journals headlines
    426 news cases today
    That is what people will see and read , not everyone had time to see the briefing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

VonLuck wrote: »
    Everyone that's saying that "the people have had enough" or something similar, where exactly are these people? I know that my circle of friends, work colleagues and family are generally accepting of the current measures. They may not be happy with them, but are putting up with it. I also don't see much dissent on other social media platforms or from journalists, for the most part.

Is the general public actually that annoyed with the restrictions or is this just some sort of bubble within boards?

Nobody is slating Tony, he has done a great job but the figure today (without seperation of historic v live cases) gives them all the ammo they need to turn around tomorrow and extend restrictions. I sincerely hope they push on with the plan but if not, then serious questions need to be asked of the figures today and why they included historic figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

You obviously aren't affected by covid 19 restrictions because it you were your tune would be different i can assure you.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

SusieBlue wrote: »
    There are currently 4 inpatients in CUH in Cork with covid-19, with one of those 4 in ICU. There were also no reported new cases in the hospital in the previous 24hr period.
    This does not justify locking down the city & county, let alone the whole country.
    If Cork has the third highest number of cases & community transmission, then surely many of the smaller counties must be reporting 0, day after day.
    Why are we not being given a clearer breakdown?

A half empty hospital & compromised, dangerous health service for the sake of 4 patients. It’s farcical.
    I am so angry after seeing this this.
    How anyone can still argue in favour of our suicide mission of easing restrictions with a straight face is beyond me.

That is brilliant. Where'd you get that from? :o

I am angry too. They've made such a balls of things :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Open de pubs and de bookies or der’ll be murder. Who does that Holohan think he is. Knows nuttin.

• Advertisement

Yes and no.

Danes have opened schools back on 15th of April. Its baffling they are so speedy with re opening. Almost getting angry that either they are that quick or we are that slow. :(

"DENMARK HAS BEGUN to reopen schools after a month-long closure over the novel coronavirus, becoming the first country in Europe to do so.

Nurseries, kindergartens and primary schools were reopening after they were closed on 12 March in an effort to curb the COVID-19 epidemic."

https://www.thejournal.ie/schools-reopen-in-denmark-covid19-5074621-Apr2020/

Again we a different to most European countries. We are more a tight social gathering then other countries. Who cares about schools they were nearlly finished anyway. The only 2 I cared a bout were the leaving cert which should have went ahead and now everyone who were pressuring for it not to go ahead are lossing there rag as they never thought what the alternative meant. The other class or the 6th class in primary as it is a big deal leaving primary school. They should have there last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Allinall

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Nobody is slating Tony, he has done a great job but the figure today (without seperation of historic v live cases) gives them all the ammo they need to turn around tomorrow and extend restrictions. I sincerely hope they push on with the plan but if not, then serious questions need to be asked of the figures today and why they included historic figures.

You’re just making stuff up now.

Maybe head over to the CT forum.

Colibri wrote: »
    That is brilliant. Where'd you get that from? :o

I am angry too. They've made such a balls of things :mad:

Jesus, our 2nd biggest city has 1 covid case on ventilator and pubs gotta wait till 10th of August to reopen. that is 3 months away from today. 3 months.....

This shambles gets more shambolic by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Same here. I’d say it’s mostly people who spend all day on Facebook and YouTube ‘researching’ and ‘joining the dots’.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Just back from a walk in the local woods which has playing pitches and a playground beside it. Plenty of people out with thier kids enjoying the dry sunny evening.

Then along comes the cops to pontificate and move people on. Pathetic stuff.

This lockdown is a disgrace and the guards are a disgrace for enforcing the rule of an unelected totalitarian regime lead by chairman Holohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I don’t think anyone is saying they should have been kept quiet. It just seems a little strategic to land them on us today when we’ve had a clear run of good figures. Especially when they place so much emphasis on this week and how we are doing in terms of lifting any restrictions come Monday. All he had to do was specify the majority were historical

People are certainly more out which can be down to a few things more shops are now doing click and collect, the weather, people realising what they can actually do was a lot more then they thought and those who do whatever they want.

There is a number and it is growing who are just doing as they wish but the mast majority are blowing off there anger but as you say are sticking with it. You see it in other sites and radio shows also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Allinall

Point out what I’m wrong about or shut your mouth.

Take a chill pill.

I never said you were wrong. Just making stuff up.

It’s in your post.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did i say he should have kept them quiet ? Read my post again . No need to lob them in with todays numbers
    Look at the Journals headlines
    426 news cases today
    That is what people will see and read , not everyone had time to see the briefing

So where should he have said them. You can't blame Tony for headlines and if you are that is just reaching to try and beat him with another stick and its embarrassing low

• Advertisement

They did he even stated it himself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement