Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭skelly22

SusieBlue wrote: »
    There are currently 4 inpatients in CUH in Cork with covid-19, with one of those 4 in ICU. There were also no reported new cases in the hospital in the previous 24hr period.
    This does not justify locking down the city & county, let alone the whole country.
    If Cork has the third highest number of cases & community transmission, then surely many of the smaller counties must be reporting 0, day after day.
    Why are we not being given a clearer breakdown?

A half empty hospital & compromised, dangerous health service for the sake of 4 patients. It’s farcical.
    I am so angry after seeing this this.
    How anyone can still argue in favour of our suicide mission of easing restrictions with a straight face is beyond me.

Begs the question alright - Why?? Hardly surprising there are so many sceptics with so many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Another hair cut for me by my husband is on the cards ! Never thought I would write those words

Cases not deaths. Still some manager losing their job if it was the private sector

Sorry yes i meant cases

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

So should we wait until July 20th to get a haircut?

Why wait? I got mine cut last week. Clippers are a handy job. I'll save money in the future as I'll only have to get my hair cut properly every third time or so.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Penfailed wrote: »
    Why wait? I got mine cut last week. Clippers are a handy job. I'll save money in the future as I'll only have to get my hair cut properly every third time or so.

Went to my barbers shed last week, feeling great since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Think of all the blonde women, lads.*
    Myself and @retro:electro are badly stuck, we need to see our hairdressers.
    By the 20th of July I’ll be a sandy brown colour all over with white blonde ends. Not a good look. I urgently need the attention of a professional.
    It’s a critical issue of utmost importance.

*this is in jest, before I get accused of wiping out the elderly for a fresh cut & highlights :pac:

By the 20th of July I’ll be a sandy brown colour all over with white blonde ends. Not a good look. I urgently need the attention of a professional.

*this is in jest, before I get accused of wiping out the elderly for a fresh cut & highlights :pac:

Can you knock on my door and bring me with you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Typical attitude on this thread.

Send granny to an early grave in the name of covering up a few grey hairs!!

Wife was ready to kill Leo two weeks ago when she realised there would be no hairdressers till July.
    “No dear, you can’t notice the grey at all, really”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Speaking of grannies, a 113 year old woman in Spain ( i think) beat Covid-19.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I must have missed the love blossoming between you and retro: electro on these forums.

We’ve been pals both on Boards and off it, for years :)

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Speaking of grannies, a 113 year old woman in Spain ( i think) beat Covid-19.

Seen that. Meanwhile in Ireland people are suggesting no school in September without a vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Nobody is slating Tony, he has done a great job but the figure today (without seperation of historic v live cases) gives them all the ammo they need to turn around tomorrow and extend restrictions. I sincerely hope they push on with the plan but if not, then serious questions need to be asked of the figures today and why they included historic figures.

I think that question needs to be asked of the hospital which had not reported figures going back to March. It also needs to be asked how it was not noticed by those collating the hospital figures that nothing was being reported by this hospital.

I am a granny and still want a haircut !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In all seriousness, my hairdresser who is one of my dearest friends has been ready to open for weeks now. She has spent the last few weeks locating PPE for her workers and her clients. She’s fully stocked on hand sanitiser and has taken an online course on sanitation and disinfection practices in order to up skill and instill confidence in her clientele. She started this business from nothing and has built it up and is now one of the most popular and well established salons in our area. She’s absolutely devastated that she can’t open until July, and has stated that opening in July could mean she won’t be opening at all. Her line of thinking is she mostly sees the backs of people’s heads, and if people wear masks and gloves she isn’t putting them at risk nor them her. She is genuinely upset because she fits wigs and hair pieces to people who suffer from alopecia and those undergoing chemo.

These pieces cannot be removed by the client and can only be removed by a professional so these people risk even further hair loss or severe damage to any regrowth because they have to remove them themselves as they grow out. It’s all good and well thinking Mary down the road needs her blue rinse and yes it would be lovely to get my colour done; but realistically hairdressers provide a service far beyond what most of us will ever access. It’s a form of therapy for some people and it shouldn’t be scoffed at or seen as non essential. I don’t care what people think of that. People should be let take the risk for themselves. Wear the mask, sanitise the hands, and a no chat rule because there’ll be nothing to chat about with the hairdressers anymore because nobody has any holidays to go on lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

Seen that. Meanwhile in Ireland people are suggesting no school in September without a vaccine

The tough GAA men have said they are not playing either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Wow.

"A 113-year-old woman believed to be the oldest person living in Spain has survived after contracting Covid-19. "

Fintan, what is this? Tony H must be fuming, disease is clearly getting weaker by the day

A fundemental and deliberate complete misrepresentation of the mechanics of Covid 19.

And childish to boot.

In all seriousness, my hairdresser who is one of my dearest friends has been ready to open for weeks now. She has spent the last few weeks locating PPE for her workers and her clients. She’s fully stocked on hand sanitiser and has taken an online course on sanitation and disinfection practices in order to up skill and instill confidence in her clientele. She started this business from nothing and has built it up and is now one of the most popular and well established salons in our area. She’s absolutely devastated that she can’t open until July, and has stated that opening in July could mean she won’t be opening at all. Her line of thinking is she mostly sees the backs of people’s heads, and if people wear masks and gloves she isn’t putting them at risk nor them her. She is genuinely upset because she fits wigs and hair pieces to people who suffer from alopecia and those undergoing chemo.

These pieces cannot be removed by the client and can only be removed by a professional so these people risk even further hair loss or severe damage to any regrowth because they to remove them themselves as they grow out. It’s all good and well thinking Mary down the road needs her blue rinse and yes it would be lovely to get my colour done; but realistically hairdressers provide a service far beyond what most of us will ever access. It’s a form of therapy for some people and it shouldn’t be scoffed at or seen as non essential. I don’t care what people think of that. People should be let take the risk for themselves. Wear the mask, sanitise the hands, and a no chat rule because there’ll be nothing to chat about with the hairdressers anymore because nobody has any holidays to go on.

Surely for someone with an underlying condition requiring fitting of a wig or similar could easily be classed as essential service

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    A fundemental and deliberate complete misrepresentation of the mechanics of Covid 19.

And childish to boot.

Can you explain what you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭MrDavid1976

These pieces cannot be removed by the client and can only be removed by a professional so these people risk even further hair loss or severe damage to any regrowth because they to remove them themselves as they grow out. It’s all good and well thinking Mary down the road needs her blue rinse and yes it would be lovely to get my colour done; but realistically hairdressers provide a service far beyond what most of us will ever access. It’s a form of therapy for some people and it shouldn’t be scoffed at or seen as non essential. I don’t care what people think of that. People should be let take the risk for themselves. Wear the mask, sanitise the hands, and a no chat rule because there’ll be nothing to chat about with the hairdressers anymore because nobody has any holidays to go on lol

The rules are nuts. No logic. No understanding for any human dimension. The “plan” was written by people who do not have a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am a granny and still want a haircut !!

I heard they opened up the hairdressers in New Zealand and they all started queuing up around midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

I wonder how many ministers are breaking the lockdown rules.. :pac:

The thing that’s upsetting me most is them bloody fckuing stupid 5km rule. Like we’re meant to thank Tony and Leo for this ?

No point is saying I can visit 3 friends on Monday , they all live more than 5km away , in fact more than 20km away. To think I can’t see anyone in my family and my friends till 20 July is beyond depressing at this stage.

8 weeks of this , and then a further 2.5 months till 20 th July !! Why??
    My sister and my daughter both in UK are free to go anywhere already.

The thing that’s upsetting me most is them bloody fckuing stupid 5km rule. Like we’re meant to thank Tony and Leo for this ?

No point is saying I can visit 3 friends on Monday , they all live more than 5km away , in fact more than 20km away. To think I can’t see anyone in my family and my friends till 20 July is beyond depressing at this stage.

The continuation of the 5k or 20k as restrictions lift are the most ill thought out requirements. These will create inequalities between people simply based on where people live and risks the credibility of the overall plan

It is the restriction that is really bugging people. Its nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I can usually go a couple of months without seeing my friends and be ok but I would love to see them at the moment, haven't seen 1 of them since early March. Id say people who normally who see their friends a lot are finding this tough to say the least. all my friends live at least an hour away, and cant even see my football mates as we aren't allowed play that until August. fcuk this lockdown. I wish I lived in Sweden.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I wish I lived in Sweden.

Or any other European country. Nearly all are less restrictive by now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The continuation of the 5k or 20k as restrictions lift are the most ill thought out requirements. These will create inequalities between people simply based on where people live and risks the credibility of the overall plan

Yep.
    We are all in this together.

Nah. The IT lad from Dublin working from home, with most of his family members living within 5KM is not really in the same boat as the now unemployed construction worker from Mayo living in Dublin with most of his family still in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The survey was done when children were still in school .
    What survey was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Just caught the end of Prime Time, there was someone on from the U.K. giving very interesting stats. The forecast GDP for the U.K. in 2020 if they were to ‘stay the course’ as they say was a whopping 23% + fall. Coupled with that he said the net loss of life from non Covid related issues related to the restrictions in the U.K. from 2020 - 2023 would be 675,000. Does anyone know who he was exactly? All I can find it the stupid #notmytaoiseach on twitter relating to prime time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement