Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part III - **Read OP for Mod Warnings**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

That involved taking over an an orthopaedic hospital that is only been used for transplant surgery. The HSE obviously isn't as well organised as the NHS. But it currently isn't feasible to complete transplant surgeries in hospital such as the mater/Vincents due to risk of picking up COVID-19. NHS system is more centralised and more efficient. I used to work in renal back in the NHS.

Could they not set aside just ONE of those private hospitals that are currently empty to do the same?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Penfailed wrote: »
    Could they not set aside just ONE of those private hospitals that are currently empty to do the same?
    On Monday next, like? Stuff like that takes time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

you dont complete a return to work form unless you have been off work sick. In this case you bring a "return to work" cert from your doctor and complete "return to work" form (its usually an online form) when you are back in the office, not at home.

https://dbei.gov.ie/en/Publications/Publication-files/Return-to-Work-Safely-Protocol.pdf

Bottom of page 7 :
    Employers must:
    • establish and issue a pre-return to work form for workers to complete at least 3 days in advance of the return to work.
    This form should seek confirmation that the worker, to the best of their knowledge, has no symptoms of COVID-19 and also confirm that the worker is not self-isolating or awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Terrible here in Westport at the moment. Locked down in this weather. Walking empty beaches. Blue skies free of contrails. Strolling with the locals out the Quay. Fishing off the pier. I yearn for the day all the tourists return.

I know Westport very well. I spend a considerable amount of time in the large pharmaceutical on the outskirts of the town.

I get from the tone of your post that tourists are a scourge perhap's?

Without tourism and foreign investment places like Westport loose the romantic appeal rather quickly, I see very little indigenous industry in Westport so tourism is important to such a town.

Be careful what you wish for

I'm not involved in transplant in Irleland. You would need HDU/ICU stepdown short term post-transplant. Not sure if private hospitals have these facilities/ trained staff.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    On Monday next, like? Stuff like that takes time.

Ah c'mon. It should have been in the planning weeks ago.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

This is the funniest thing I read on boards.

Anyways, you all need to donate your masks to HSE. You need to clap for HSE staff. While they concentrate their efforts on 1 individual in Cork who is on a ventilator.

They are flat out, so much so that they post here and keep us updated on how busy they "are".

This !! If "The Dazzler" is indeed working in the HSE how do they have time to be on Boards all day long complaining ?? If they're off work they should be exhausted and needing to sleep surely :confused:

I know Westport very well. I spend a considerable amount of time in the large pharmaceutical on the outskirts of the town.

Without tourism and foreign investment places like Westport loose the romantic appeal rather quickly, I see very little indigenous industry in Westport so tourism is important to such a town.

I'm thinking the post was tongue in cheek. Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

and how do you know there is no cleaning being done in advance if your friend has not been in the office for 8 weeks??? Its also hard to practice social distancing if you're not at work! Wait until Monday at work to see if there is something to complain about.
    My job didn't email us with all their new measures but when we went back into the office (5 days after the Covid outbreak in March) we had hand sanitizers, desks far apart, deep cleaning every day and the option to wear gloves and masks. The rest is up to the employees. People themselves need to take on the responsibility of social distancing!

The boss rang her yesterday asking to go back on Monday. She knows from long experience that he isn't taking any of this seriously and only closed because he had to. They work in basically an industrial unit with an office in part of it. It's not setup for what's needed and his only concern is getting his paperwork done.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

cheers, thanks for that , you learn something new............;)

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »
    I know a 32 year old over 6ft fit no illness and it killed him.

A guy from my local town tested positive and is ok again now.

Very little over 5"8

I'm thinking the post was tongue in cheek. Could be wrong though.

I took it completely out of context if that was the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

A faster lifting of restrictions has to be considered

"THE NUMBER OF people that a person with Covid-19 is infecting in Ireland has reduced further, the Dáil heard today.

The reproductive rate of the virus refers to how many other people a confirmed case goes on to infect.

Speaking in the Dáil this afternoon, Health Minister Simon Harris said Ireland’s reproductive rate has now fallen to between 0.4-0.6."

https://www.thejournal.ie/reproductive-rate-5098993-May2020/

A faster lifting of restrictions has to be on the hands

"THE NUMBER OF people that a person with Covid-19 is infecting in Ireland has reduced further, the Dáil heard today.

The reproductive rate of the virus refers to how many other people a confirmed case goes on to infect.

Speaking in the Dáil this afternoon, Health Minister Simon Harris said Ireland’s reproductive rate has now fallen to between 0.4-0.6."

https://www.thejournal.ie/reproductive-rate-5098993-May2020/

I do love a good mixed metaphor:p

I do love a good mixed metaphor:p

Its early :P

On a more serious note, plenty of EU countries have began lifting restrictions as early as mid April. There is clearly no 2nd wave in sight or death spikes for any countries. With every day passing by we get proof of this. Facts.

Surely NPHET has to consider this?

Meanwhile BBC is reduced to reporting below.

"Dr David Nabarro, the World Health Organization's special envoy for Covid-19, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that the UK needs to be "very careful" in opening up from lockdown as it still has "a lot of virus around".

"As soon as movement does restart all over the country there could well be many, many outbreaks," he said.

WHO tries so hard to stay relevant...

This !! If "The Dazzler" is indeed working in the HSE how do they have time to be on Boards all day long complaining ?? If they're off work they should be exhausted and needing to sleep surely :confused:

I'm off on AL today. Just cooked a lovely eggs benedict. I was going to locum but the rates weren't great today. Thanks for your concern, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I agree. Its like some of the shopkeepers in Spain who hate tourists and look at you like you are scum for some reason. They are probably crying out for tourists now.

I'm off on AL today. Just cooked a lovely eggs benedict. I was going to locum but the rates weren't great today. Thanks for your concern, comrade.

Thats the thing about saving lives, the money just isn't in it anymore

Why such begrudgery? I Locumming would have been in a community pharmacy so it might not have been saving lives. Glad that you hold my job in such high esteem that you think I'm always "saving lives".

Sure all I do is put tablets in boxes and spot when you are lying. Any 12 year old could figure those out easily enough!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭LiquidZeb

It's nice to know the thread has its resident Walter Mitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

LiquidZeb wrote: »
    It's nice to know the thread has its resident Walter Mitty.

How in any way am I a Walter Mitty? Are suggesting I'm not a pharmacist? That I don't work for the HSE?

Ah c'mon. It should have been in the planning weeks ago.
    In a time of crisis management where the outcome was unknown and it was one of a myriad of issues to monitor?

In a time of crisis management where the outcome was unknown?

If only there had been some hype management along with the crisis management.

The statement that cases will rise 30% every day ('This is inevitable. This cannot be stopped' - Leo V) was proved false right away yet that didn't seem to matter to anyone.

growleaves wrote: »
    Or how I made a big bunch of numbers from very different circumstances fit my blog post.

Or how I made a big bunch of numbers from very different circumstances fit my blog post.

The "very different circumstances" is the point, and what early opponents of lockdown like Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi were trying patiently to explain to people eight weeks ago.

If only there had been some hype management along with the crisis management.

The statement that cases will rise 30% every day ('This is inevitable. This cannot be stopped' - Leo V) was proved false right away yet that didn't seem to matter to anyone.

As the evidence changes I change my opinion.... Everyone was wrong and that 30% didn't last very long. But those blunt models did give an absolute worst case scenario to prevent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do all these idiots not realise that the lockdown is the reason we didn't see scenes like Italy and Spain? Has everyone just forgot what happened there?

• Advertisement

The "very different circumstances" is the point, and what early opponents of lockdown like Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi were trying patiently to explain to people eight weeks ago.
    Countries were following each other with what seemed to be working. We'll see soon enough when the data is analysed which things may work best and that I suspect is unlikely to be one size fits all. One thing it all has exposed is a range of systemic issues in many areas, which is a good thing into the future. Never heard of that guy but please don't link to a bloody YouTube video.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement