Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Either way still only 2.

DUZ and EAV must be due new paint soon enough though ?

GAJ and GCF will probably be the last to see the new livery given their age. DUO might see the new livery at some stage but it'll be interesting to see if DAA and GEY do, though unlikely if I was betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

GEY was only delivered in April 2018, fresh in the old livery, so isn’t likely to need a repaint for another few years by which time it may well be gone anyway.

Id be interested to see if any of the A332s ever get the new livery, the space between the forward doors is much smaller than on the A333 so the titles will either have to shrink (they’re already too small) or end up being broken up by the outline of the second door, it could look quite messy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Perhaps we’ll see one in a special livery, an alliance one perhaps…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Given how heavily used the A330s are in the summer season, heavy maintenance is the priority, I'd say. Repaints seem not to be a very high priority for some carriers whose liveries have been changed - LH, SN and SK are amongst those others where repaints are very much happening on a gradual basis.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

You have been a contributor to the EI fleet thread far too long to be so optimistic..........

• Advertisement

Another 2 A320neo ordered from Airbus in November according to the orders and delivery list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LimaBravoTango

There were rumours that one of the NEOs would receive a retro scheme. Hopefully we will see this on one of the next few aircraft to be delivered.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Registered Users Posts: 34,847 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭The Macho Man

Yesterday I noticed there was an Aer Lingus flight to Kallitta in Finland. EIN49EC on Flightradar, but its no longer searchable in Flightradar. This is not a regular serivce so just wondering if anyone knew was it a special flight?

• Advertisement

Lapland charters for kids. Quite regularly from late November onwards. Used to keep the old A321s busy in an otherwise quiet period for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,780 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Noticed loads of Christmas jumpers and Sunway branded santa hats when heading to my own flight yesterday morning - so presumably Sunway charter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI intend to overnight an aircraft in Rome from Q2. Schedule TBC. Will allow connections to early TA wave ex-DUB. Some frequency increases planned ex DUB on euro network.

Still an intention to keep ORK at 3x aircraft for S24 - EI very cautious of protecting yields, with its major competitor still finalising and where scale is less - means late schedule changes would imagine after June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Sounds positive development - good to see they are willing to change where opportunities arise. Must be great connections ex FCO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

The FCO overnights is just for 8 weeks (for now). It’s related to a contract with a few holiday companies to carry cruise traffic to/from the US and the timing of cruise schedules arriving into Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brennansb

That’s correct. And ironically management asked HR to introduce the term « some European layovers » on their cabin crew recruitment powerpoints (for those who pass the first step) and have amended their recruitment website FAQ, as they hope the « layover crewlife » will enrich recruitment. Funny enough, over 100 cabin crew resigned and left to other operators this year alone. Mostly non-Irish crew. I’d believe Aer Lingus will focus on hiring more Irish nationals for 2024 to avoid unnecessary walk outs. At the end of the day, it’s not an experience like Emirates or Virgin Atlantic when you only have layovers in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I would think that you would want to be fairly clueless if you didn't already know where Aer Lingus flies to before you went to work for them? Medium/Long haul has always been North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lockheed

A330 repainting will be starting in the new year down in Teruel. With a bit of luck by next summer there will be 4 more A330s in the new livery, plus IK and IL retrofitted with proper interiors!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

I'm guessing ei eav or ei duz be done first and also ei deh is in shannon swapping with gam for painting this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chasing_ghosts

I read that 3 of these are aimed to be delivered during 2024: April, August and December with the last one in 2025. How did they get such quick delivery slots I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

The pair ordered in Nov were part of a bigger set of A32* slots previously ordered by IAG. Six of these were 'cancelled' last month and then 'ordered' by EI (2) and BA (4)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

And if the IFE fails I've seen them give that passenger lots of free booze. Should keep the kids entertained 😄

G-EIDY appears to be grounded in Dublin. It positioned from Manchester on the 5th, presumably for its routine overnight maintenance as it was scheduled to return the next day but has yet to leave.

Aer Lingus has had to hire in an A330 from elsewhere for their MAN-JFK service.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bocages75

Landing gear issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The same hire-in that's due to operate for EI from Dublin for a few days coming up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yup, Privilege Style A332 doing EI118 and EI119 to/from IAD.

IAD seems to be a really strong performer between the double daily A321s and the A332 getting subbed in at peak periods, particularly because United have ran a 767 on at times during the summer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

DUB-DLM, HER and CTA (resumed) on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

When is EI-EIK going to get an upgrade? Inferior product on DUB-ORD for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Great news.

Heraklion seems to indicate Monday and Thursday. Showing as sold out now but I imagine they are still loading up.

Would I be correct in saying that the first fares loaded would be the very expensive ones and it would pay to wait a week or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone heard any whispers that EI or IB could be the first to receive the XLR next year ?

Advertisement