Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

NH2013 wrote: »
    I'd imagine a 2 week block of flights will probably be put on certain routes over the Christmas period to cater for those travelling home.

NOC - LGW appears to be bookable from Dec 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭sandbelter

3d4life wrote: »
    That might not be such a bad idea...

Major European route was Dublin - Paris - Zurich - Rome ( overnight ) then retrace

Think it was twice a week. Looked after traffic to the Vatican ( maybe not so important these days )

Pity they wouldnt do something like DUB - ACE - TFS - DUB

Actually 1960

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/ei6004.htm

My favourite is EI590: DUB - LDE - LIS (page 7), a real pilgrim express.

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttimages/ei/ei6004/ei60-07.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

sandbelter wrote: »
    Actually 1960 ...

I see Le Bourget was used back then.

Have I totally lost it or did they switch to using Orly at some stage during the 60's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

3d4life wrote: »
    I see Le Bourget was used back then.

Have I totally lost it or did they switch to using Orly at some stage during the 60's ?

Wikipedia states that LBG closed to international airline traffic in 1977 and my dim recollection is that Aer Lingus moved its operations to ORY at or shortly before this time. A further move to CDG followed but I cannot recall when that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

CDG opened in 1974

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

I remember flying to Orly in 1978 for the 5 nations rugby as it was known then.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭roadmaster

I read in the Irish Times the other day that Stobart will have competition from a couple of other airlines for the aer lingus regional routes. Apart from logan who would be the other airline?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cityjet I'd imagine

Air Nostrum
    ASL possibly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The next A321LR has made an appearance.

https://flic.kr/p/2jRhWBy

https://aibfamily.flights/A320/10245

No registration yet but we can assume it's EI-LRE and the first of the remaining four aircraft from the original order.

• Advertisement

Spot the L2 door is there but plugged

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Am I right in saying LRD, E, F, G, H all have / will have the 3 ACTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

HTCOne wrote: »
    Yes I think so, LRD is the first to be fitted with them. Does anyone know the difference in range with the extra tanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Spot the L2 door is there but plugged

Presume you are referring to 3L/3R - They are plugged on all the A321neo's EI have received this is to allow future reconfiguration if seat count goes over 200. EI requested this so future replacement of CPE, CPG, CPH was possible for high capacity Euro routes.
    Shamrockj wrote: »
    Yes I think so, LRD is the first to be fitted with them. Does anyone know the difference in range with the extra tanks?

Yep as above, LRA->LRC 2x ACTs and LRD onwards with 3x ACTs.

Each ACT adds capacity for 2,400kg of fuel - Endurance of that depends on weight and prevalent weather conditions on the day. It's not significant enough to increase range beyond the majority of the East Coast. There will be a significant increase in NEO operations, I believe they plan for up to 9 to be operating next Summer should travel resume between Europe and the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Are LRA-LRC restricted to routes they can operate? Is JFK,BOS,EWR & BDL the limit?

Are LRA-LRC restricted to routes they can operate? Is JFK,BOS,EWR & BDL the limit?

When full they'll be operating DUB-BDL, DUB/SNN-BOS. For LRD-> they will be used on services to New York-JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Toronto and Washington D.C.

It's all dependent on the weight of the aircraft, as of right now (With current loads) LRA->LRC wouldn't have an issue operating the above routes.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    When full they'll be operating DUB-BDL, DUB/SNN-BOS. For LRD-> they will be used on services to New York-JFK, Newark, Philadelphia, Toronto and Washington D.C.

It's all dependent on the weight of the aircraft, as of right now (With current loads) LRA->LRC wouldn't have an issue operating the above routes.

I know its probably way too early but do u know what the allocation of NEO will be between DUB/SNN? People here assume SNN will just be 1?

I know its probably way too early but do u know what the allocation of NEO will be between DUB/SNN? People here assume SNN will just be 1?

I think the last time I checked it showed 2 NEO in SNN ( could obviously change)
    And DUB- YYZ, BDL, PHL, IAD, EWR plus 2nd daily JFK/BOS on NEO. That would make 9 going by the schedule but a lot can change in that time

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

LRA/B/C all now have the 3 ACTs retrofitted into them as of about 2 months ago, plan is for all LRs to have the 3 ACTs, the configuration for the XLR with either 1 or 2 ACTs hasn’t been decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭NH2013

Shamrockj wrote: »
    I think the last time I checked it showed 2 NEO in SNN ( could obviously change)
    And DUB- YYZ, BDL, PHL, IAD, EWR plus 2nd daily JFK/BOS on NEO. That would make 9 going by the schedule but a lot can change in that time

My guess would be the NEOs are being used as placeholders and the well functioning routes can be switched over to A330, or even A330 on certain days, easy to do now as all cabin crew on the NEO are also qualified for the 330, unlike back with the 757.

I imagine the most NEOs that will be seen next year will be 7 or 8, depending on the airbus delivery schedule, which has been delayed a bit by shutdown productions during the height of the pandemic. Plenty of fat left on the 330 from a fleet perspective with only EWR having been actually scrapped and MIA and MSP off the schedule next year, plenty of pilots and cabin crew sitting around it should be easy enough to be flexible next year with what aircraft flies what routes, even down to switching them around a week ahead of time.

The NEO provides the best place holder for all the routes and allows an easy upgauge if the route is doing well while allowing the booking system to offer the full range of flights and possible connections.

• Advertisement

Just to point out not all those on the NEO crew are 330 trained (120+ ex-757 are not 330 trained) also NEO training was suspended a few months back for those already on the 330.

There’s actually a lot of training for cabin crew ahead that needs to be done including conversions and SEP as well as this quite a bit too for pilots. The focus now is on headcount reduction and matching training to remaining resources where required once voluntary redundancy, career breaks and unpaid leave requests have been sorted.

It’s clear as above the 321neo is what can save the Atlantic operation moving forward with 330’s ready to be returned to service once sufficient further demand is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Looks like another A321NEO isn't far behind.

https://digitalairliners.com/2020/10/09/log-hamburg-finkenwerder-xfw-09-10-2020/

Two are listed here, both with tails painted, the one previously photographed is MSN10245 and a second, MSN10264, is in a hanger.

You have to scroll down a fair bit, plenty of aircraft on the production line to get through!

Looks like another A321NEO isn't far behind.

https://digitalairliners.com/2020/10/09/log-hamburg-finkenwerder-xfw-09-10-2020/

Two are listed here, both with tails painted, the one previously photographed is MSN10245 and a second, MSN10264, is in a hanger.

You have to scroll down a fair bit, plenty of aircraft on the production line to get through!

Its great to see something to look forward to which is very rare now! I'm sure these A321neoLR will be invaluable when things start to pick up it will give EI great flexibility to match aircraft with demand. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

EI-CPE on the far right; and either DAA or GEY parked in the background at Ciudad Real Airport.

50449785338_6cc0e8fc06_b.jpgStorage areas by José Luis Celada Euba

50460359031_d9782fb5cf_b.jpgPretty Woman by José Luis Celada Euba

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

Some eagle eyes on you Jack1985! EI-CPE is still in Dublin so that would have to be CPG or CPH

EIK looks be in the 2nd photo as well left of DAA or GEY.

flange888 wrote: »
    Some eagle eyes on you Jack1985! EI-CPE is still in Dublin so that would have to be CPG or CPH

Sorry yes CPG is the aircraft

EIK looks be in the 2nd photo as well left of DAA or GEY.

Possibly yep, there’s a few Level 330s there too can look similar from behind

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

There’s a 2 minute video in that airport, seen 2 A321’s and 2 A330

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭john boye

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Sorry yes CPG is the aircraft

Was CPG the one that carried the Pope back to Rome a couple of years ago?

Advertisement