Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

john boye wrote:
    Was CPG the one that carried the Pope back to Rome a couple of years ago?

It was indeed...however CPH operated also as a back up aircraft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Desperate for a bit of cash or hoping that things improve, EI are running radio ads again for next summer bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Desperate for a bit of cash or hoping that things improve, EI are running radio ads again for next summer bookings.

In light of EI's handling of the ticket refund situation and the adverse publicity, how happy will people be to hand over their money for a booking as far out as next summer?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/aer-lingus-struggles-to-resolve-ticket-refund-fiasco-1.4378564
    edit: you can't paste articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Any idea why Al are using A330 virtually empty for dub heathrow flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,791 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Streetlamp wrote: »

Cargo capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Streetlamp wrote: »

Cargo capacity.

A330 flight crew currency

No harm having social distancing in place for PR purposes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Comhra wrote: »
    In light of EI's handling of the ticket refund situation and the adverse publicity, how happy will people be to hand over their money for a booking as far out as next summer?

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/personal-finance/aer-lingus-struggles-to-resolve-ticket-refund-fiasco-1.4378564
    edit: you can't paste articles.

I dont know, my parents got their full amount back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Mc Love wrote: »

I was luckly to get mine back aswell. I rang them and got it within 3 days of calling them. Aer Lingus refunds aside I think maybe a lot of people will book later than usual for next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

That article isn't a reflection of reality, yes there are issues but 90% of refunds have been processed, there are issues with bookings through the likes of bookings.com etc.

The head of ITAA, Pat Dawson only singled out Ryanair with issues regarding refunds at the Dáil committee yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Mc Love wrote: »

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-LRD did a short test flight earlier today.

Winglet fixed and preparing to re-enter service maybe?

EI-LRD did a short test flight earlier today.

Winglet fixed and preparing to re-enter service maybe?

Yep, planned return to commercial service from Tue 20/10 operating the 154/155.

DUO should be in the air later this eve for it's first flight in 3 months, no planned return to service for the 200's yet however.

DUZ is in the air today its about to land back into SNN after a test flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

2 more A330s going to Ciudad Real one -200 and one -300 on the 26th of October

Would they be two of the 3 A330 in Shannon? DUO & DUZ had test flights from SNN last week.

From current guidance EI, only expect to operate 8 A330's in FY21, that will eventually see 7 parked, including all -200 series aircraft. All 3 A321ceo's will remain grounded in FY21 also, as well as 5 A320's (the latter subject to change).

The A321LR fleet grows from 4 to 8 in FY21. Net operational fleet reduces from 56 to 45 (Or - 20%).
    Would they be two of the 3 A330 in Shannon? DUO & DUZ had test flights from SNN last week.

No reg's in the system yet, seems one from SNN the other ex-DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Jack1985 wrote: »

The A321LR fleet grows from 4 to 8 in FY21.

Push -LRD back into service for the proposed EI UK-US service from MAN and BHX I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

LRD is back flying.

I'd imagine all East coast destinations bar ORD and JFK will be LRx operated.

The operating efficiencies of the NEO will deliver a lower cost base vs flying just about anything else and EI's cost base is already relative low vs anyone else on long haul EU/US/CA. Unless Jetblue join the party no American airline can compete on cost.

EI's advantage is it has NEOLR's today, the MAX10 doesn't exist yet and there are relatively few NEOLR's flying.

The NEO's weakness in term of weight vs runway vs range isn't going to be a huge issue as you won't be running +90% LF. If things start to get busy you bring a A330 back.

Push -LRD back into service for the proposed EI UK-US service from MAN and BHX I wonder.

Don't believe they will be going ahead, unless IAG wish to pursue it. They'd need more frames.

NA 21 is as follows;

EX-DUB
    BDL 4pw (A321LR)
    BOS 2X Daily (A321LR/A333)
    IAD 1X Daily (A321LR)
    EWR 1X Daily (A321LR)
    JFK 2X Daily (A333/A321LR)
    LAX 1X Daily (A333)
    ORD 2X Daily (A333/A333)
    MCO 4pw (A333)
    PHL 1X Daily (A321LR)
    SEA 1X Daily (A333)
    SFO 1X Daily (A333)
    YYZ 1X Daily (A321LR)

EX-SNN
    BOS 1X Daily (A321LR)
    JFK 1X Daily (A321LR)

A321LR reqd ~ 9*
    A333 reqd ~ 8

*Final decision will made on capacity ex-DUB/SNN with LR's as 8 will be in operation.

Goes without saying, provisional we all know the factors affecting operation of above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

thy XLR couldnt go from dublin to LA or Phoenix etc could it? if they were reconfigured to lower capacity from the below quoted, would it still be more profitable than flying an A330?

https://simpleflying.com/airbus-a320-family-differences/

The A321XLR has a range of 8,700km (5,405mi) and a typical two-class capacity of 180-220.

Don't believe they will be going ahead, unless IAG wish to pursue it. They'd need more frames.

NA 21 is as follows;

EX-DUB
    BDL 4pw (A321LR)
    BOS 2X Daily (A321LR/A333)
    IAD 1X Daily (A321LR)
    EWR 1X Daily (A321LR)
    JFK 2X Daily (A333/A321LR)
    LAX 1X Daily (A333)
    ORD 2X Daily (A333/A333)
    MCO 4pw (A333)
    PHL 1X Daily (A321LR)
    SEA 1X Daily (A333)
    SFO 1X Daily (A333)
    YYZ 1X Daily (A321LR)

EX-SNN
    BOS 1X Daily (A321LR)
    JFK 1X Daily (A321LR)

A321LR reqd ~ 9*
    A333 reqd ~ 8

*Final decision will made on capacity ex-DUB/SNN with LR's as 8 will be in operation.

Goes without saying, provisional we all know the factors affecting operation of above.

Is DUB-BOS 2 daily on the NEO until 01/07/2021? It seems like there will be 10 NEO flights per day between DUB/SNN until then? Changes to the schedule no doubt sill happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Can't see EWR working 7 days, could easily cut out EWR by upscaling to A330 on both JFK's, can't see SEA working on a 7 day operation either 4-5 weekly might work. MSP and MIA are gone which isn't surprising.

EWR/IAD/PHL will probably get split to 3/4 weekly so you could cover all three and BDL with 3 aircraft

Given Airbus current state can they get 4 more LR's to EI by May?

Is DUB-BOS 2 daily on the NEO until 01/07/2021? It seems like there will be 10 NEO flights per day between DUB/SNN until then? Changes to the schedule no doubt sill happen.

It's bookable at that but the eventual plan is for the previous referred in my post.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    thy XLR couldnt go from dublin to LA or Phoenix etc could it?

No. With Crew rest facilites required for routes that long, limited seating as a result it would outweigh any benefit.
    Can't see EWR working 7 days, could easily cut out EWR by upscaling to A330 on both JFK's, can't see SEA working on a 7 day operation either 4-5 weekly might work. MSP and MIA are gone which isn't surprising.

EWR/IAD/PHL will probably get split to 3/4 weekly so you could cover all three and BDL with 3 aircraft

Given Airbus current state can they get 4 more LR's to EI by May?

There's planning here amongst the group airlines too - They are trying to maintain market share if possible within IAG - BA/IB and AA through the Atlantic venture will have capacity down on those routes.

The plan is 8 neo, 2 already out of the hanger without full c/s and engines yet, 2 more will follow.

This is the right schedule for recovery, the fleet will be down overall by 20%. This is simply having the right aircraft and operating costs for the best chance of regaining market share over others once travel resumption occurs across the NA.

It's bookable at that but the eventual plan is for the previous referred in my post.

Are they still hoping to bring YYZ back? I assume they will resume the rest of the routes at the end of March? All dependent on restrictions.

Are they still hoping to bring YYZ back? I assume they will resume the rest of the routes at the end of March? All dependent on restrictions.

Yep, but as you rightly said it’s all dependent on restrictions.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    thy XLR couldnt go from dublin to LA or Phoenix etc could it?.........

An EI flight crew mate a out a year ago, told me that the training pilots had been given a briefing on the XLR. The map they were shown for possible future routes had Salt Lake City as achievable.
    He wasnt convinced that was feasible (he is a training pilot on the A330)

As for the provisional S21 schedule posted above; I can see quite a few of those daily routes being scales back to 4/5 a week.
    I understand the need to offer the capacity to gives options to the booking customer. But even with a vaccine the travel industry will be very weak next year.

For EWR alone;

You have VS gone, Icelandair unbookable, United dropping SNN with capacity reductions across Europe for S21. The A321LR is a game changer aircraft - They are essentially a bean counters wet dream.

It's realistic in the sense a lot of these routes (EWR/IAD/YYZ) which were previously A333 operated and now planned as A321LR will actually alone have high capacity reductions - Previously these routes had 2,191 seats per week, they will now have 1,239. That's a reduction in weekly capacity of -43.4%.

This is not unrealistic on EI's behalf. For West Coast, you have big tech and other US based industry pressuring for access to Head Offices out there - This was highlighted in a report to Gov. That's J Business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Advertisement