Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

EI pilots but not EI crew at Manchester?

Post is in reference to the query around who will actually crew the EI flights next summer ex-MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

roundymac wrote: »
    Tell us more?

Allah will be very thankful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

joeysoap wrote: »
    EI pilots but not EI crew at Manchester?

Not sure is this a question or statement? I’d imagine all staff will be Aer Lingus UK working on a UK AOC

Refugee flight.

The TUI I mentioned previously is doing the troop flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Ok, they won’t be current staff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

joeysoap wrote: »
    Ok, they won’t be current staff.

I suppose technically the company could offer transfer to current Irish staff but they’ll likely have to accept local T&Cs.
    After brexit am I right in assuming only UK and Irish passport holders will have the freedom to move to and work in the uk unrestricted?
    I heard from a friend Ryanair is seeking British passport holders for the UK bases but not sure how true it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI have no interest in transferring anyone over to the UK AOC. It'll be voluntary and under Aer Lingus UK conditions if it happens.

I personally don't see it happening, if it actually does it'll be a short-term plug. There is zero feed and a handful of routes with justified P2P and limited brand awareness in the UK. It’s a good ploy to start hounding for more support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EI have no interest in transferring anyone over to the UK AOC. It'll be voluntary and under Aer Lingus UK conditions if it happens.

I personally don't see it happening, if it actually does it'll be a short-term plug. There is zero feed and a handful of routes with justified P2P and limited brand awareness in the UK. It’s a good ploy to start hounding for more support.

Current pilots will be offered the option to transfer to the UK base either permanently or temporarily (min 3 years).
    Can't speak for other departments.

Current pilots will be offered the option to transfer to the UK base either permanently or temporarily (min 3 years).

As I imagined, I don't see IFS being offered that - easier to recruit locally on the appaling UK contract standards for Cabin Crew that is the norm over there. You'd be better off on the dole in Ireland than on some of the UK Cabin Crew contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I think its got a reasonable chance but prehaps not 4 aircraft. I think a lot depends on how advanced the plans were before the wipeout of 2020 summer season. I don't believe they suddenly came up with the idea in August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Refugee flight.

The TUI I mentioned previously is doing the troop flights.

Surprised its not all over the media considering the fruit picking media frenzy during the first lock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Do you think they might hire some of the ex VS 330340 flight crew ? Know of lad who has since being made redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Yes, this certainly isn’t a new idea from Aer Lingus. Remember the plan pre-covid was to go from 17 to 30 long haul aircraft by 2023 with a side note that not all of those aircraft would necessarily be based in Ireland.

I believe it was Walsh who occasionally suggested UK and even European bases, this was usually while bashing the summer congestion woes at Dublin so would have been taken with a large pinch of salt.

Either way, it was on the radar for quite some time.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I think its got a reasonable chance but prehaps not 4 aircraft. I think a lot depends on how advanced the plans were before the wipeout of 2020 summer season. I don't believe they suddenly came up with the idea in August.

I just question the rationale without feed, EI have been burnt by that model over and over again. BA could take this op over with suitable frames once available - I just don't believe it's in EI's best interests. People seem to forget a lot of the new deliveries will more than likely end up replacing frames now axed during this crisis.

Infairness, some of what I've heard they had started planning (during the Summer) sent shivers down people’s spines in EI.

It had nothing to do with T&C's (there seems to actually be meaningful ambition to recover people’s salaries) but what would happen moving forward regards Short-Haul, that would inventively lead to those recruited in the last few years being given a tap on the shoulder.

I hope it never comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Read the article on the Irish Times this morning about EI and Man. They claim it's a contingency and may not happen. I don't think many will believe that.

What are the consequences for Irish airports if EI starts flying direct transatlantic from the UK? In particular for Dublin. I mean, the whole premise sold by Walsh when the govt stake was sold was to feed passengers in to Dublin essentially and make it a hub.

That appears to be being moved away from as an approach.

As for staff and contracts etc...

I'm quite concerned about this development really. On the other hand I understand the business rationale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Read the article on the Irish Times this morning about EI and Man. They claim it's a contingency and may not happen. I don't think many will believe that.

What are the consequences for Irish airports if EI starts flying direct transatlantic from the UK? In particular for Dublin. I mean, the whole premise sold by Walsh when the govt stake was sold was to feed passengers in to Dublin essentially and make it a hub.

That appears to be being moved away from as an approach.

As for staff and contracts etc...

I'm quite concerned about this development really. On the other hand I understand the business rationale.

Speak to Leo and raise your concerns. The 321neos are coming no matter what and need to fly somewhere. EI 330s are parked up across Europe. Airbus will have no trouble providing earlier delivery slots to EI should more airframes be required IF demand exists in Ireland in the short/medium term.

https://www.anna.aero/2020/11/12/aer-lingus-to-possibly-operate-manchester-us-what-routes-most-likely/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

On paper if COVID went away tomorrow

EI has sufficient aircraft (even allowing for the 2 A320's going off lease and EWR being scrapped) to basically operate the entire 2019 schedule today

By Easter 2021 EI should have 4 more LR's AND could run the proposed MAN operation and still provide the full 2019 schedule from DUB/ORK/SNN.

The fly somewhere else is a long standing playbook item, last time round it was IAD-MAD

• Registered Users Posts: 5 orddecentctizen

Just completed EI136 on Friday 20th Nov. Use Aerclub upgrades for two. A321neo; 2 in J, about 30 in the rest of the plane. Very little congestion at the gate. Mask wearing mandatory in BOS. Very few outlets open including coffee bars and most seemed to close at 1700. Boarding was smooth and by seat number. No pre-flight service in J. Service began as soon at we leveled out. Single tray service, minimum contact. The new A321 is a lovely aircraft with new mellow lighting scheme. We were first arrival in Dublin ahead of 104. Bags came out quickly, no queue at immigration. You have to walk (via interconnecting tunnel) to T1 for the taxi rank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

One of the latest A321LR has appeared again at Hamburg Finkenwerder;

50633197376_cdd7e043b8_c.jpg

A321nx AerLingus EI-LRE by Tobias Gudat, on Flickr

The photographer remarks suggest it's EI-LRE but the partially visible reg on the vertical stab looks more like EI-LRF to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The photographer remarks suggest it's EI-LRE but the partially visible reg on the vertical stab looks more like EI-LRF to me.

Yes, both EI-LRE (msn 10245) and EI-LRF (msn 10264) are currently in production.

• Advertisement

Due to increased demand DUB-ACE will increase from 2 to 3 weekly and DUB-TFS will return once weekly from late Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Due to increased demand DUB-ACE will increase from 2 to 3 weekly and DUB-TFS will return once weekly from late Dec.

What virus?! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

One of the latest A321LR has appeared again at Hamburg Finkenwerder;

50633197376_cdd7e043b8_c.jpg

A321nx AerLingus EI-LRE by Tobias Gudat, on Flickr

german flag on the tail? Muller finally got his wish ahaha

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

What virus?! :D:D
    There are definitively people working from home who have built up holidays and would prefer 2 weeks in the Canaries followed by 2 weeks self isolation as opposed to yet another 4 weeks of gazing at the 4 walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

TRANQUILLO wrote: »

Still under construction and on the German register, once it’s delivered and placed on the Irish register it will be peeled back and an Irish flag and reg will magically appear

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

TRANQUILLO wrote: »

The industry guys here can keep me honest, but my understanding is that German Reg (which it will be until handed over to EI) = German flag on the tail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Does anyone know if SNN-LHR will be increased to 4 X Daily for S21? EI388 has appeared on the EI website leaving SNN at 21.20. Theres know return flight. I know there coudl be changes and all subject to restrictions.

Does anyone know if SNN-LHR will be increased to 4 X Daily for S21? EI388 has appeared on the EI website leaving SNN at 21.20. Theres know return flight. I know there coudl be changes and all subject to restrictions.

Looks to me like the 12.40 ex SNN will be dropped and the 2 afternoons crewed from Dublin. SNN aircraft do morning LHR then Faro/Malaga and possibly a W to Cork (or Dublin). That would probably allow them only base 3 in Cork for S21.

SNN loses the early LHR back to BHD again after it was swapped a few years ago.

Just speculation on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Looks to me like the 12.40 ex SNN will be dropped and the 2 afternoons crewed from Dublin. SNN aircraft do morning LHR then Faro/Malaga and possibly a W to Cork (or Dublin). That would probably allow them only base 3 in Cork for S21.

SNN loses the early LHR back to BHD again after it was swapped a few years ago.

Just speculation on my part.

Itll be interesting to see. The NEO is so far scheduled to do EI380/1 again before going to JFK/BOS. There departure times have also been pushed out to 14.05/14.45 respectively.

• Advertisement

Itll be interesting to see. The NEO is so far scheduled to do EI380/1 again before going to JFK/BOS. There departure times have also been pushed out to 14.05/14.45 respectively.

Missed that then I would say no A320 based at SNN in S21...DUB will do the other LHRs and FAO. I think AGP is dropped anyway.

Advertisement